It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why not love?

Why would you hate people?

Do you think you can get away with it on the internet without some people noticing?

Think again...

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is very concerned about the increase of anti-Semitic and racist material on the Internet. Children who explore the Internet, whether visiting Web sites, reading E-mail messages, or conversing in chat rooms, run the risk of encountering hate propaganda. Many hate groups specifically target the young, and hateful messages can deeply influence and affect our children.
Practically and legally, combating online extremism is enormously difficult. The First Amendment's protection of free speech shields most extremist propaganda, and Internet Service Providers, the private companies that host most extremist sites, may freely choose whether to house these sites or not. When providers choose not to host hateful sites, these sites migrate easily to the computers of services without such restrictions. Furthermore, the size of the Web, which contains hundreds of millions of distinct pages, complicates efforts to identify extremist material. Hundreds if not thousands of Web pages, some of which are not listed by search engines, contain bomb-making formulas.

And...

For years extremists have used printing of every kind -- books, pamphlets, posters, newspapers, magazines -- to get their message out.

They have also tried to use modern inventions such as movies. radio, television, recorded audio and video tape and even telephone messages to spread their beliefs. So it is not surprising that they have decided to take their hate to the Internet. The Internet lets them reach millions with a click of a mouse. Haters use the World Wide Web with its colorful web pages, sounds, and images to push propaganda attacking their enemies. Some of these pages suggest that violent action is needed. Old lies are reprinted and new ones are created. Neo-Nazi Skinheads try to sell the latest CDs filled with calls for "racial holy war."

In newsgroups and chat rooms on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) they can talk to one another. They also can try to peddle their racist and anti-Semitic messages to anyone who surfs in. In addition, they can write private e-mail to the people they meet on line.

www.adl.org...

Doesn't this sound anything at all like with what's going on ATS and on other internet websites right now?

People who hate seem to also use these methods. Many of them will post videos here. I have seen hateful messages.

We have young people on here too and these hate messages does influence them.

So, why hate? Why not love?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There are just people in this world....

Who sadly have never been given a Puppy.

If you want to see hate vanish, you need to start an organization that gives away puppies... (and doesn't charge for the neuter)

Seriously... Give Ahmedinjad a puppy... see what happens...

Give Kim Jong Il a puppy... see what happens

World Peace...

Oh wait

Kim Jong Il Eats puppies...

Never mind, my theory sucks...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Because hate is simple. Love is not. Hating someone is in no way as complicated as loving them, but hate seems to require a lot more energy, energy that is wasted. That I never got, some people could focus on love, something that often strengthens and enlightens us. But they choose to waste so much energy on hate instead, and what do they have to show for it? Usually they just spread the hate, that’s it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hate is spawned by ignorance pure and simple. There will always be ignorant people unfortunately. Education is the best way to get people to tolerate each other. Unfortunately, thanks to education levels, socioeconomic background, and religion; people will always have differences other than race to contend with. If (and I mean BIG stretch) the world can come together as people that respect each other and treat each other with basic human decency, maybe hate will be a thing of the past.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't even understand this "don't hate" thing anymore.. So.. Some guy cheat's on his wife, someone tells her and they're a hater..?????? heh.. People will always hate it's normal, be happy you don't for some reason..

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am not so sure if it is about hate and love for the people on this website.

We tend to make sure things aren't so black and white around here.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

I prefer to live a balanced life. Sometimes you must hate.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

LMAO!

You are on a roll tonight! Give haters bunnies...or pictures of bunnies. You ever tried to stay mad when you watch a bunny frolick in the grass?

Well maybe Anya can stay mad...but most others will melt!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hate is fear based, love is acceptance based.
People that have hate in they heart are run by fear and small mind, hence they very narrow view in accepting any one different then them.
People that have love in they heart are opening to the big mind hence they recognition of any one different from them as part of them and not different from them.
Kacou.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
There are just people in this world....

Who sadly have never been given a Puppy.

If you want to see hate vanish, you need to start an organization that gives away puppies... (and doesn't charge for the neuter)

Seriously... Give Ahmedinjad a puppy... see what happens...

Give Kim Jong Il a puppy... see what happens

World Peace...

Oh wait

Kim Jong Il Eats puppies...

Never mind, my theory sucks...

Hey he's right!

Deep down, I thought I hated you all.

But then...

I got Puppies!

I love you guys!

-----------------------------------------------------

Hate seems to come easier for those delusional individuals that believe they're better than another human being. Every single person on earth should be afforded the same respect as any other.

If all you have to offer is hate, you aren't worth the toilet paper you wipe your butt with.
Every life is precious and, just like everyone else, you're going to die alone.

Too harsh?

Eh..,I'll go with it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i agree with rapinbatsisaltherage hate is simple...

my respect for all men is neutral

the world is controling the people and the killings by religion people just have to learn that you have to take the time to build your own

i wonder if the kids on this forum try to smile at people

i wonder if they say please and thank you

saying thank you takes alot out of a person(i know lol)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why hate ?

Because LOVE hurts

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

It's much simpler to love than to hate when we understand that we are all really part of the same being, and that we will always in some other way get back what we gave out to others.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

So, why hate? Why not love?

my only reference or link here is what i know of myself....

my hate is justified when i am afraid of losing something i love.

i only hate someone or something when i am afraid that it has the potential or already has taken something away from me that i love.

i know i love something when the fear of losing it is more than my imagination can deal with.

i know i fear something when it hates me for the things i love.

love, fear, hate...

but physically, and structurally i am only a linear being.

left & right, up and down, forwards and backwards, inward and outward.

i have 3 things that rely upon eachother to survive:
love, fear, and hate.

but the laws of man state i only can place 2 things upon the scales of justice at any one time, visual:

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
the adl protects my right to hate' but you posted this in the wrong forum.

if "hate" is a modality of being; if you are not learning how to hate properly you are not using your emotions correctly.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Why not love?

Why would you hate people?

Do you think you can get away with it on the internet without some people noticing?

Think again...

Old thread but okay, I'll reply.

Why they go to the internet? Well, maybe it's because they're not desired in real life for some reason, so they come to the internet looking for some attention. Just because they hate, doesn't mean they don't desire some attention.

Regarding hate in general, people sometimes are confusing dislike, anger and hate. Most of us have our dislikes and could get angry sometimes, but I think only a few of us hate a lot. But hate of course is very intense, hence it can look as if it's dominating

If you have love, you are stronger inside, you rarely feel insecure about your situation. If you don't have it, you feel constantly insecure, and it turns into paranoia. And the hate itself maybe is a primal self defense mechanism of your own inner insecurity. Some try to justify it and try to live of it, but ultimately it's the individual's choice because both existed.

top topics

join