It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War Vets Sue CIA DoD for Cold War Experiments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Cold War Vets Sue CIA DoD for Cold War Experiments

www.mercurynews.com...

Six veterans who claim they were exposed to dangerous chemicals, germs and mind-altering drugs during Cold War experiments sued the CIA, Department of Defense and other agencies today.

The vets volunteered for military experiments they say were part of a wide-ranging program started in the 1950s to test nerve agents, biological weapons and mind-control techniques
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.google.com...
abclocal.go.com.../local/san_francisco&id=6592388

[edit on 8-1-2009 by cookiesneedlovetoo]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I try and keep up with coporate controlled mass media, yet I have heard nothing of this in the news. Thought it was an interesting story. I wonder If this will be blown off like the Area 51 workers lawsuit. Just another example of how our government can do what they want. Maybe this time they wont get away with it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
no it is not just another example. there is no proof of it. anyone can claim anything and it does not mean it is true. these guys will have a hard time proving it

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
no it is not just another example. there is no proof of it. anyone can claim anything and it does not mean it is true. these guys will have a hard time proving it

At least 7,800 U.S. military personnel served as volunteers to test experimental drugs such as '___' at the Edgewood Arsenal near Baltimore, Md., during a program that lasted into the 1970s, the lawsuit said. Many others volunteered for similar experiments at other locations, according to the lawsuit. From the News Article above; My Emphasis

Yes it is another example. There are many thousands of documented instances of civilians and military personnel being used as guinea pigs.

The lawsuit is actually based on an interesting premise...they're claim is that full informed consent was not properly obtained and that the experiments were beyond the scope of comprehension of the scientists involved - which constitutes professional negligence when dealing with the health and lives of human beings.

And it seems all that they are asking for is health care.

If that is all, then it is a shame that they will unfortunately have a difficult time proving their case...:shk:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Its common knowledge our government has been using humans as guinea pigs since at least the 1930's. There are countless articles on the internet about them. My grandfather worked for the NRL for 33 years. He died earlier this year of according to his doctors an "unidentifiable form of cancer." Do I think he may have had tests done on him unknowing, absolutely. Our government does not care about its citizens or what they do to us. Everything they do is for the "greater good" which isn't us common folk.

www.mindcontrolforums.com...

veteran4veteran.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hopefully if all they are seeking is healthcare and or damges they recieve compensation.

But, in a way they"volunteered" as it states in both article snippets. There are calls for volunteers all the time near where I live to test new drugs and such. They don't always give you all the facts, just enough to let you know it's dangerous....but the pay is great right?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just read a very interesting story about how Hepatitis C was mistakenly introduced to our Veterans in the form of a malaria vaccine.

It is a very long read... but it is SO interesting how all the dots are connected to prove that HepC was created by the military....

The Panama Story written by Captain Kevin Drue Donnelly

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
what is privacy these days. In 72 I was up on some seriously trumped up charges of posession (weed, he scraped 4 roaches out of my bedroom carpet). The "narcotics officer" had been dogging me for reasons you would not believe. Not anything criminal on my part. He was like an evil Barnie Fife from Mayberry. He offered me leaniency on the charges if I signed up for drug experiments at a hospital. I declined. There is much more to the story and it all points in the same direction. I followed a similar case of victims sueing the gov under Reagan. They has a very tight case and should have won except in the 11th hour Reagan got a law passed (in 48 hrs) that basically states that the gov cant' be sued for illegal behavior because the gov would never condone such behavior, so how can you sue them for something they didn't do? The cia thru it's actions these past years has basically formulated and imposed foreign policy (how to make friends and inluence enemys) above and beyond the influence of the constitutioaly appointed party who is supposed to formulate these policys, that is, the president. These experiments are no less than what Mengles did in Germany. And thanks to project paper clip and it's associated programs maybe some of his people were. They really went nuts with this and it's not all gone either. I really do hope these vets get somewhere with this. The public will never take mass notice. They can't get their heads around it. But like all psych patients suffering dysfuncionaly like america it will continue to haunt us even after our generation is gone. Those who don't respect the past will repeat it. If the weather doesn't get to bad that is. Peace Y'all.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hopefully if all they are seeking is health-care and or damages they receive compensation.

Likely they are getting health care through the VA but the VA still does not reconize many of the claims like this as service connected.

There are a lot of veterans that were in the navy on ships that operated close to shore in Vietnam that claim they were exposed to agent orange by way of the water runoff from the rivers in Vietnam going through the ships water distillation systems. (blue water vets)
bluewaternavy.org...

Then there were the atomic sailors.
www.highbeam.com...

And project SHAD
en.wikipedia.org...

They have even found agent orange barrels at base dump at NWC China Lake Calif where i live. no one knows what they were doing on the base or when they were dump there or why. were they empty or full when they were shipped to the base.
now it is being covered up.

Plus all the chemicals they dump on milatary bases around the US
xsorbit...##.###/users5/unifiedveteranscoalition/index.php?PHPSESSID=a4816aaf8475d2a8e96705b664a01e0a&topic=262.0

I am a member of a fibromyalgia web site and we have a lot of veterans on the site with fibromyalgia that we have linked to our use of Trichloroethylene
cleaning solvent.

The military has banned Trichloroethylene for any use on military bases because of the dangers to peoples health.

Yet none of veterans that used it in the military can get service connected disability because the VA claims it did not hurt us.

If it was so harm less why did the ban it from all military bases.

There have been many lawsuits by civilians because there water supply had a few parts per million and they had health problems.

Many vets like me used pure Trichloroethylene on a daily bases to clean parts when we were in the military.
Yet they claim that our health problems were not cause by it.

This is because a large number of vets were exposed to something that effected there health while they were in the service and the government does not want to pay for so many veterans service connected health problems.
Many of these chemical would not cause immediate problems but would show up many years later,
So they denied the problem were service connected.

top topics

join