It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Apparently Helpless Man In The Back (Update: Officer quits to avoid IA questions)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Hmmm.... a phone. The new G1 maybe?
Ah the HTC touch, yep that's it. Well unless the guy has a death wish. He WALKED up to the cops you say? AMERICAN cops? With a WEAPON? A BLACK guy? Are you seriously implying what I think you're implying? especially after reading through this thread and being aware of the history pertaining to this topic? You enjoy other people doing your thinking for you? Are you tired of my questions? May I ask one more? When exactly is battlestar galactic back on?
If you don't know the answer to the last one it's ok I should google for it and find out on my own, kinda like how you should have had the same thoughts I did above when you found your mind conceiving such an illogical accusation.
Don't flame me please, it's just that ATS has been disappointing lately.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Incorrect, what happened is that the person was still physically struggling, and the officer was obviously trying to deploy his taser, but drew the wrong weapon. As I just showed above, many forces REQUIRE that an officer deploy either a chemical or electrical deterrent when the suspect is struggling.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Eh...why are you telling me this? And I already know this.
What is your point?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Didyou see on the news that the BART police took people's video's and phones.

How can they sieze personnel property like that with out a warrent?

They prevent people from giving it news agencies and be paid a few bucks

can you imagine what would have happened if the people on witnessing the shooting reacted the way the police are trying to say they were. By Rioting -- methinks there would have been more than1 death and the poor guy's family wouldn't see a damm red cent of any law suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

Because I took it from your post that you did not understand how it worked. Maybe I just read it wrong then?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yep, the guy who was shot wasn't a threat, nor was he that guy you think may or may not have had a weapon.

The guy who was shot was sitting over by the wall, then restrained face down by 3 officers, when the one at his feet stood up, drew his weapon, and shot him in the back.

Whoever that is in that picture (holding what appears to be a cell phone) isn't the guy who got shot.

I'm willing to bet the officer will attempt to claim he 'thought' he was grabbing his Taser.
Either way, I agree with the families representative when he saw the video, grabbed his head and said, "Why did he even take out his gun?"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Kryties

Incorrect, what happened is that the person was still physically struggling, and the officer was obviously trying to deploy his taser, but drew the wrong weapon. As I just showed above, many forces REQUIRE that an officer deploy either a chemical or electrical deterrent when the suspect is struggling.

Of course he was, obviously. The 720p version of the footage (which you obviously have in your possession) clearly shows this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Doesn't look to me that he was physically struggling. Oh and by the way you haven't got a hope in hell of convincing me that the officer did not know the difference between his taser and his sidearm. They both weigh different amounts and feel different in the hand. The officer should have noticed the difference when the weapon came into his vision before he pulled the trigger.

Stop apologising for this police execution it's sickening. The officer deserves a life sentence for murder full stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was really trying to stay out of this thread. Even more inhuman than watching the cops execute this young man, who was begging for his life cause he has a daughter are some of the inhumane responses in this thread. The attempts to justify what was done to this person, and I finally realise that some lives do have more value than not. It's never overtly spoken, but it's understood, when I see threads of this nature.

The last straw really came with the poster trying to imply that the kid walking up had a gun in his hands and these gangsta kids deserve to have deadly force used against them. I am guessing that the kid had a cameraphone, because without video evidence to back them up, these kids would not be believed when they tell tales of law enforcement officers brutally murdering an unarmed young man for no apparent reason.

They have their little cameraphones with them because this video evidence is all these young people have, after their friends get slaughtered like animals by the police, and there executions go unmourned, unpunished, there really is not justice for them, not in the courts, and not even on these forums. Just possible justification in most cases as to why they maybe deserved to get shot.

A couple of years ago, at least there were still dissenting voices who would have been outraged by this video and these actions, but more and more I see those voices are no longer here, and what's been left behind in many cases, is worst then some of the actions being perpetrated. More infuriating than the actual shooting of this young man, was the complete lack of remorse in many cases for his life, and the family and child he left behind.

That's all that I am going to say, and like the poster who existed the thread, I think I will follow suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Elijio

Because I took it from your post that you did not understand how it worked. Maybe I just read it wrong then?

No worries mate, it happens.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
The man who was shot by the police was RESTRAINED FACE DOWN by 3 officers. How on God's Earth could he have presented a threat to the officers?

It's pretty easy to understand....

Obviously, the cops didn't have time to search the suspect. They need to handcuff the suspect first, and the video shows he wasn't handcuffed. This makes the suspect potentially dangerous and means the suspected could still have a weapon. So the cops take caution.

If 1 person in the area has a weapon, like I pointed out, that puts the cops on edge ready to draw their weapons. So anyone who doesn't have a weapon, or hasn't been searched for a weapon, better make sure they don't make the cops think they have a weapon, by reaching for their pockets, or something suspicious..

Once again, when a suspect has not been searched, he is treated like he could potentially have a weapon.

Now let me ask you some questions:

1: Why was the suspect there?
2: Why was the suspect being detained by cops in the first place?

Both of the answers to the above questions point to the reason why he got shot. BECAUSE HE WAS BEING A TYPICAL [SNIP]. Yeah, I said it. Truth hurts.

Go back the the cave from whence thee came please.

Hey kid, stuff it. Go resist arrest or something.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are required

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

You can tell by his stance, and the other officers who were in the way. That is a standard stance that officers use when they have to deploy a taser with other officers trying to handcuff the person. An officer would not intentionally pull his firearm and fire it with his fellow officers in that close of proximity to the person he was shooting at for fear of hitting one of the other officers or the bullet ricocheting. That makes it obvious to me that in the heat of the moment he deployed the wrong weapon accidentally.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

Elijio, I am a photo analyist. In his hand is a black object and at the right timeing you can see a "loop" witch actually looks like a "trigger guard". It is also right next to his finger.

Looks like a small 25 cal.

For the record, I believe the shooting was accidental. But, still, the guy shouldn't have been there to begin with. A normal person would have been on the train, minding his own business. Not, getting into fights.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually a friend of mine, who is a sheriff carries a taser and a Sig which are almost exactly the same size, weight, and color. He carries them in different locations on his belt, but in the heat of the moment, I can see where he could grab the wrong one. Believe me, at some point everyone makes at least one stupid mistake in their lifetime.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Now let me ask you some questions:

1: Why was the suspect there?
2: Why was the suspect being detained by cops in the first place?

Both of the answers to the above questions point to the reason why he got shot. BECAUSE HE WAS BEING A TYPICAL NEGRO. Yeah, I said it. Truth hurts.

Thankyou for proving my point.

You must have missed the part (approx 20 seconds before he was shot) where he had his hands up and was pleading with police. Seconds later they take him down, 3 pile on top of him, one officer stands up - takes aim - and executes the man.

It's people like you who ensure that the corrupt powers-that-be remain where they are and get even more corrupt and greedy.

It's people like you who let the police beat the christ out of Rodney King.

It's people like you who should be locked away for life and have the key melted down and used for a doorknocker. You make me sick.

Hey kid, stuff it. Go resist arrest or something.

Im 30 years old, not a kid you racist pig.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It's people like you that don't have a clue.

It's people like you who get in fights in train stations and get detained by police.

It's people like you who jump to conclusions and think cops are robots and want to take over the world.

It's people like you who has no clue what it is like to be in that situation.

It's people like you who get shot, and end up on the news.

You make me sick, you are defending something that you don't even have all the information about. You are debating something that you were not even involved in. You are debating something that has nothing to do with you, and you have absolutely no proof that this guy wasn't resisting arrest, or reaching for his pockets while on the ground.

Get a clue kid, get a clue.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Harassment101

I am certainly not justifying what happened, but I don't feel that it was done intentionally or to be malicious. The officer is probably done with his police career, and he will have to live with what happened for the rest of his life. I have never known an officer who has been involved in a shooting who has not regretted what happened for many years to come.
I doubt he will get any criminal charges over the incident, because I doubt it was done intentionally. It appears to be an unfortunate accident to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Actually a friend of mine, who is a sheriff carries a taser and a Sig which are almost exactly the same size, weight, and color. He carries them in different locations on his belt, but in the heat of the moment, I can see where he could grab the wrong one. Believe me, at some point everyone makes at least one stupid mistake in their lifetime.

Obviously every police department and taser manufacturer must be sued until we, the people who are being forced to submit, force them to make tazers bright yellow in color and with something other than a pistol grip. That might make the officer (who paused for a second to take aim) notice that it was not a taser.

BTW, do most cops carry with the safety off? If the safety was on, that means he took the time to take it off, which means he knew it was a gun. If most cops carry safety off, well what the hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Yeah, you said it. Now how many Negroes are on this planet at the moment? Does a Negro from Barbados behave in the same " typical" way as a Negro from France? or a Negro from the US?
You do know that there are Negroes outside of the US right? with DIFFERENT cultures and whatnot? unbelievable I know A white American and a white Russian are sooooo alike

So the majority of Negroes behave in such a way that merits their immediate execution....riiiiight.
BTW I don't think you're a racist you just have some prejudices and are stereotyping and generalizing. It's not your fault, you don't know any better. You are not capable of thinking at a higher level. Please don't be mad at him guys, that would be like hating me because I have big ears(I don't) I can't overcome my physical limitations. Not my fault.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE & post by Kryties

Ok guys, lets calm down. The racial remarks are definitely out of line BTW.
Everyone take a break, go have a Coke and a Smile, smoke a Cigarette, or something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join