It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Apparently Helpless Man In The Back (Update: Officer quits to avoid IA questions)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
You stated, explicitly, that you would have done the same thing. You would have shot him and that he deserved to be shot...

Just to say Jay...

I was not djvexd that said he would have done the same thing...it was taserman.

Sorry to but in.... Just want the record straight.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

Yeah, I made a mistake.
Already addressed it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I see that now....

Just thought you should know.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

So everyone that is taken to jail winds up there for "frivolous" things? While I do agree alot of the laws that are enforced are questionable and need to be repealed, the fact that this absolute HATRED for anyone who tries to enforce laws or rules is ridiculous. Let's see how many of the"anti-war/anti-gun" proponents last in PURE anarchy. Which, make NO mistake is what is being advocated. "NO ONE SHOULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Guess what there are people out there that don't give 2 *snip* whether or not you are fighting the man, or have to work tomorrow or even trying to raise a kid the right way. The will take what they want and guess what as NWO'ish as it sounds , the cops are your buffer. The people that decry police intervention are the ones that either don't understand the need for it, because they haven't been touched by crime or have had a bad experience or were doing things they shouldn't have been. Why do you expect police to be this terminator-like computer? They are humans that have emotions and react the same way you or I do at things they see. Do me a favor just schedule a ride-around with your local PD and then comeback and tell me that everyone is innocent and this is a police-state.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by djvexd]

====
Mod Edit: no profanity or censor circumvention, please.
Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Unfortunately djvexd, a good bit of those pesky humans are very stereotypical of such things. Meaning that if you get a few bad cops, then all are bad. I am not saying I support this, but it is just the way people think.

Although I do believe that there are quite a few "in uniform" that think they are better than the rest which leads them to think they are above the law.

To stay on topic, I think this officer made a mistake, but a serious one at that and one he will pay for for the rest of his life.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think anyone who defends this shooting is extremely biased.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

Oh most definatley, there are those who are in essence "trigger-happy" in the forces. I do apologize for running the thread of it's rails. We could not see what happened in that video, all we heard was a gunshot and saw some of the involved statements. If it is what it is looking like the cop needs to be punished to the FULL-extent of the law. But I will not sit still and let these opportunists run a thread off into a tangent.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Well, be that as it may, but you "CAN" see the shooting. It is right there in the second video where he pulls the gun out and shoots. There is no question about the shooting itself. The biggest question is "Why did he do it"

My opinion is he flubbed under pressure. Too bad for him, but worse for the guy he shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

With all due respect I re-reviewed both rawstory links provided...at no time did I see anyone actually shoot him. I AM NOT SAYING THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN! But the cam was all over the place and I never saw anyone go to lethal or in the stance thereof. I do not doubt this young man lost his life and probably by a jittery LEO. But I saw No upfront video of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by TARBOX

With all due respect I re-reviewed both rawstory links provided...at no time did I see anyone actually shoot him. I AM NOT SAYING THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN! But the cam was all over the place and I never saw anyone go to lethal or in the stance thereof. I do not doubt this young man lost his life and probably by a jittery LEO. But I saw No upfront video of it.

Here is a better video: www.youtube.com...

It is quite clear at 2.30. It looks like an execution, totally cold-blooded, shocking. So what do you think now?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well that is another story...that was Not in the original rawstory videos. As I have said before this officer needs to be punished. But the links provided showed no evidence of the youtube vid. This is truly heinous(sp?). I still stand behind my earlier posts about LE but this needs to be dealt with. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong....I AM. Also I still did not see it in the original posts but I do apologize to those that did ...I watched it again and STILL can't see it from the original rawstory posts. This douche needs to be dealt with.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Yeah, it looked bad but I was unsure until I saw the above vid. Why do you think he killed him like that?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow...I couldn't even think about why. Maybe adrenaline but that was damn near cold-blooded like the vietnam footage of Viet-cong executing people. I don't know. As an ex Public Trust Officer I can't think of ANY reason that should have happened.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Fair enough. Thought you might have some insight but you share my view pretty exactly.

Actually I'm kinda confused. To me, it looks like the youtube and the rawstory footage show separate things. The guy I thought I saw getting shot on the rawstory footage is not the same guy getting shot on the youtube vid (which is clear and shocking). Confused...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They are two different camera-phone videos shot by witnesses at different locations.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah the rawstory stuff clearly indicates provocation nd a gunshot that is not confirmed but the youtube video sealed the lid. The RS vid I thought maybe was a perimeter and crowd control issue, but not seeing that. That was straight up execution. Jeezuz.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

The cops aren't a buffer from anything threatening me or anyone else in 90% of the calls made, in reality they have become the reason for the crime in the first place.

Drugs have little value without the war on drugs, particularly rotten drugs that only harm people...

Figures run between 18% and 30% of our nations inmates being there for drug offenses alone...

Add in all the rest now, minor crimes of property, misdemeanor theft, dui's, non injury domestic disputes, traffic violations, unpaid fines, simple altercations, unintentional or non malicious trespass

What you will see is that in a world of insurance and people sometimes screwing up, something to the extent of 2/3rds of our 9-11 calls and 2/3rds of our in mates were no clear threat to human well being or to society

Meanwhile the courts and the police are bogged down chasing things that Change Absolutely Nothing

In act, i'd say Violence, Drug Gangs, Commercial profit for crime, and many other things have gone through the roof in a system that generate threat...

What am I being saved from? What is this Police "Barrier" that is in place that protects me and from what? From the drug Gangs that get 120.00 for a small bag of Blow instead of 15.00???

Is this my protection? Assuring the price gouge makes the criminals rich enough to pay off the cops... while I can be arrested for smoking a Joint or forgetting to pay my auto insurance for 10 days?

Where is the army of criminals... Real criminals in Jail?

The ones that are there cost us 10's of Thousands in Tax dollars and for all intents and purposes are enrolled in Crime School the entire time...

I was a Teen before all this in a long distant time...

the 80's lol

and I'll tell you per fact, yeah most social law wasn't enforced and most of my peers myself included grew up to be decently behaved people... without the Anal Rape in Juvee the kids get today for a simple fist fight...

There is something...some great Anarachy I am protected from?

IF some REAL Criminal... a Mafioso or Gang member or other Thug of Power... wants me DEAD, they can come get me, kill me and the Police will not nor can they do a damn thing, because the war on drugs has made the Criminals That Powerful

What the police protect me from is kids wanting to take my Insured Car for a joy ride, young adults trying to go out on Friday Night, Hippies, Guys arguing with their wives and wannabe artists and skaters from the inner city... and speeders lol

and at this they are very effective, I never go out anymore hardly at night and wont get high on my balcony either and I just break up with women rather than argue with them lol because that can be scary...

But a bunch of Hispanic guys still control the Dope trade around here and I or any cop that tries to stop them will be "removed"

Protect me?

This system fuels the true criminals against me while attacking voraciously with an army of 10's of thousands every step of the way...

I live in a world in which accusing someone of pedophilia if I witness it can get me a life ruining lawsuit if they can't prove it and the child's testimony wouldn't be allowed because of age lol...

But smoke in a non smoking section of the subway...

I might find the cops bearing down on me... with guns and maybe die if I get "too over excited" by ...armed guys with guns and chains coming after me for ...having a frackin smoke where a sign said not to lol...

So please... let the chaos of the rest for crime over run my life, that's what insurance is for... I'll be fine if some kid skates over my tulips or I breathe some second hand smoke...

A cop who is handing out tickets to make the city money on quotas or chasing speeders through my streets or policing the "bar scene" to nail 2 idiots for having a fist fight is by and large a waste of my tax money... I'll cope with my neighbors noise myself and if we cn't handle it and someone goes to the hospital, a night in jail and having to pay the bill and work time lost plus some injury is punishment enough where no one was permanently injured...

In the meantime... while hunting down rowdy youths on that platform...

A terrorist somewhere is building a bomb a little girl is being raped a drug gang is being made rich because i'd go to jail if I grew my own weed...

Come on...

On the side of Cops, You didn't go to the academy to break up fights between nitwits and crash parties... or to be part of some politicians brigade of control of society

You became cops to directly go after scum bags... not people who already are victimizing themselves by being dummies... or childish.

take 2/3rds of cops off policing the 2/3rds of us who mostly likely will most hurt themselves anyway and need some mercy and go after Murderers and Rapists and Child Abusers like the good ol days huh?

Maybe I can feel like handing out an Apple to the local beat cop again when i see him go by... maybe I can like the police...

But lol... not when they are hired to bring in kids downloading mp3s and force raids on local parks for kids drinking beer or set up cameras to arrest speeders not look for truck bombs...

I mean, please

2/3 of crime is barely a crime at all... 3 strikes in Cali on petty theft? Life in Jail... how insane is all this...

Reminds me of the case of the kid in Cali who's 3rd offense was stealing a slice of Pizza...

Why are the cops chasing a stolen Pizza... if the kid was hungry for g-ds sake... let him go... he's a moron, putting a moron around criminals makes a bigger criminal not a citizen

I mean... seriously, what were these kids doing? That warrants Guns drawn on an open Platform?

Where are My rights?

If they were doing something...acting out, jostling, running, spray cans anything SHORT of assault... why the heck do I want the cops to draw guns in a place where might accidentally get shot over it unless someone was in genuine jeopardy?

How does that protect me?

Makes the system money but what am I being saved from?

Sorry

#1 prison system in the world, Millions Jailed...should have a sign like McDonalds and rename it Crime School to boot

2/3 fully of the people in jail shouldn't be an environment where they become hardened criminals for real or die... no ones life or privacy should have been risked to enslave them, zero threat to my family or to myself...

Imbeciles and arse holes will always be around, not much we can do about it...

but really they don't cost as much as 70 G a year loose in society the vast majority of them...

Singapore had the real way, for those that keep doing the same crap over and over again...cane them, but don't waste our time and money policing them constantly, or ME by proxy when I don't bother anyone

You want to find crime?

Go looking ALL of US are criminals, in one way or another we all break the law practically everyday... that's because there are so many frickin laws btw...

I don't say... "I'll do what I want"

There are things that need to be policed... just get some sense as to value vs potential catastrophe and need to Police

I ask again

What could they have been doing, that needed a guns drawn altercation in a public place... I'm sorry if they weren't kicking someones arse, at least follow them off the location away from a crowd, report them... but, a whole affair of altercation?

Over What is my question here... what Society altering crime was being committed that warrants a police action in a public place, who was "SAVED"

I know someone died? who? what was Saved?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
They are two different camera-phone videos shot by witnesses at different locations.

Hmmm, in actual fact the rawstory video does not show the shooting! The girl taking the video is confused and is looking at someone else when the shot fires. She thinks that person has been shot. The confusion is increased because that person goes limp after the gunshot. She swings to the actual victim a couple of times.

This explains a lot of the confusion on this thread.

The youtube vid is spot on the victim at the time of the shooting.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Once again it goes back to reading my posts and not skimming it.. So nothing other than murder and pedophilia are a crime? Once again you prove the point that while there are some laws that need to be repealed it is because of people ...like you...that don't read ...that keep these assanine laws on the books. Theft,according to you doesn't count. Assault, according to you doesn't count. Drug induced crimes, don't count. Rape doesn't count. Should I go on?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i can not believe the stupid comments defending this police officer. he new the environment (neighborhood) he applied to become a police officer in and was well aware of the cultural diversity of san fransicso. it's a major city!! hello!!! if he couldn't handle that kind of environment, he shouldn't of been there. the other police officers on the seen did not freak out like this guy. clearly he needs to be indicted. after he shot the guy you can see his own reaction of putting his gun back in his holster faster than Wyatt Herp. This demonstrated to me that he knew what he did was wrong and that there was no threat , just a fear based adrenaline induced execution. Why else would he holster his weapon that fast? Then putting both hands to his head; as if to say "what the hell did i just do". he new right then and there the crap hit the fan. The yelling of all the kids, the discontent, the noncooperation, just pushed this guy over the edge resulting in the shooting of an unarmed, belligerent, and uncooperative man. The real trigger? Psychological. Sometimes anglo saxon police officers in major cities; when dealing with minorities. just snap for some reason. It's unfortunate, but it's a fact. I relate it to the Michael Moore syndrome as documented in his movie Bowling for Columbine "A Brief History of U.S.A" cartoon. I suggest everyone watch. I personally call it the fear factor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join