It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great video explaining where America is headed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Great video. For the person who said it was propaganda - get a clue please. The republican party is only republican in name. The neo-cons you know as "republicans" are really from the extreme left. It is hardly propaganda for the republican party.

As for anarchy. Anarchy is the perfect form of government, provided that the people themselves are capable of upholding the basic laws of society amongst themselves. But this is only possible in a world without evil. And it is foolish to expect it to work in a world with evil, and that is why it ends up being the catalyst for worse things.

So I think the philosophy of it is great. If nobody stole from you, then you wouldn't need to worry about your stuff as you left. But since that isn't the case we are forced and need some forms of basic government just as he says.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What word do you hear the POTUS use when he talks about spreading our form of government; democracy or republicanism? Democracy, naturally. TPTB (assuming conspiracy theory outcome) prefer a "democracy" over a "republic" because under a democracy the "majority" rules and thus laws and ideals that are sacrosanct to a republic (ie, the "inalienable rights") can be legislated away recognizing the dynamics of an evolving government and for the "greater good of the people". A republic would not undue its very foundation but a democracy can convene a new constitutional convention (aka "con-con") and rewrite the rules as it were.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Great video!

Originally posted by badmedia
The republican party is only republican in name. The neo-cons you know as "republicans" are really from the extreme left. It is hardly propaganda for the republican party.

I was going to say that.

And the same thing goes for Democrats. Just because the words sound similar, that doesn't mean the modern day Republicans OR Democrats are following the tenets of those forms of government. They are not! The modern Republicans have grown government and taken away more of our rights and freedoms than in any time in recent history. The only person CLOSE to a "real Republican" that we know is Ron Paul, and even he has some issues.

I enjoyed the video and fully support the Republic form of government. However, our country is not stable. We are not at the starting point as we were in 1776. It's hard to know how we can get back to a stable Republic. I don't think Anarchy is the best way to transition. Many would suffer and die. For us to swing back to a country that is ruled by the Law, we need another form of transition. What we really needed was a president with that vision, but he didn't run. The current Oligarchy wouldn't allow it. It was "Too much change".

It's difficult to say what's ahead for us, but it's going to be interesting.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Nice vid, but the waters are a bit murkier...

51% of the vote gets a president elected (Democracy).
Prez is ostensibly bound by the rule of law (Republic).
Prez assigns personal cabal to rule (Oligarchy).
The Cabal represents major industrial interests (Fascism).
Whose self interest leads to civil unrest (Anarchy).
Which is put down via military force (Totalitarianism).
A few people escape to a desert island (Freedom).

You can place competing ideologies on a linear scale, but realistically are more like 3-Dimensionally proportioned models, X Axis being how resources are allocated (govt v individuals), Y axis being the concentration of power (authoritarian or anarchic), Z axis being moderating factors such as rule of law, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I can show you where the US is headed with a 10 second video *insert video of a toilet flushing*

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Both republics and democracies are extremes(and both have failed).. there needs to be a hybrid system.. where majority rules but is limited by a judicial system where majority does not rule... where not even the people can overide the judicial system.. this would work, the judicial system can be setup similar to what we have here..A republic also doomed because the people do not rule.. corporations and greed eventually does which corrupt the system eventually.. in a democracy this will not happen.. ..this mixture that has the best parts not the weakest parts would work
what shall we call it? demorepublic?

[edit on 29-12-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
we have a hybrid system. Every nation has a hybrid system. Pure form of a government never existed and never will exist.

The video further confirms my understandings. Democracy leads to Fascism (What the video called oligarchy).

In my beliefs, the use of the terms Fascism, Totalitarianism, and Communism are ways to give an illusion of freedom to the people of democratic-/republic nations.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've seen this thing quite a few times actually, i've used it in a political science project to show people just how blinded we are by "democracy".

Another good video to look up are the 14 defining characteristics of fascism...very interesting to see where the US stands on that one.

Here's the link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

51% of votes for president is still a republic... rome was a republic because people where able to vote senators in... a democracy is where people RULE and ARE the GOVERMENT...Sorry but voting in people is not a democracy.... I suggest you look into greek history and roman history so you see the differences.. looks like you have been tricked into thinking that this is a democracy.. sorry.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

our system is not any more hybdrid then a chevrolet tahoe

we do not have any form of democracy exept when it comes to local referendums.. which are obviosuly not federal ... show me where we can DIRECTLY control this goverment (not vote people in)and then you show me its somthing other then a republic.. this is a republic copied from the Roman empire... Why do you think D.C has an uncanny appereance to Roman structures and buildings?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

the amazing thing is that not even the voting system represents what and who the people want .. its the electoral system that does that.. lol so basically you are voting for your electroral not even for your president.. and then the electroral votes lol some democracy lol

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by macgyver

Great find. Straightens out misconceptions about left and right. I wonder what catagory of Gov. that would place Bush in? A cross between democracy and oligarchy?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
In a republic dictators can rise just as easy as when a democratic government is in power. Just look at the romans, who went from republic to dictatorship.

In a real democracy justice is in the hands of the court, who keep an eye on the written law. Not in the hands of a group of biased people.
Democracy is much more survivable than the video shows.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

(yawn) I really wish I could un-star/ unflag this thread... this video is too simplistic and flat out inaccurate in some instances. Nothing to see here other than right-wing propaganda as it attempts to label the "left" in the same category as nazism and fascism. My favorite parts were the out-of-context quotes to label democracy as "evil"... it assumes the majority of the population are complete imbeciles as opposed to partially idiotic.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by DavidU]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This video is right wing non-sense. There are 4 directions on the political spectrum, not 2. They are trying to paint Obama as a dictator.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

I doubt this is right-wing propaganda, as they would never release a video about oligarchies...
I did think it was wierd to have total rule on the left and anarchy on the right. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macgyver

Great video!! Short and sweet and to the point!! I thank you for putting this up for us here to watch!
And Im glad that its short enough to keep the attention span for most people.. As many of the videos that I watch tend to be up to 30-60 mins long. And with my days very busy, I dont get to fully watch them.

So something this short, and to the point is great!!!

Star and flag for you

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Edit--- double post! I have a few things running here and multi tasking..
Thats when I get these X2 posts when Im doing like 5 things at one time!!

Sorry..
Happens to the best of us!

[edit on 29-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So, basically...what they're saying is...you will eventually end up with an Oligarchy. Meh...this is true!

And this is where spirituality comes in(Not religion by any means). Understanding & showing love, treating others as you would like to be treated is the is the only real law that can liberate people. But few understand it and even fewer practice it. For everyone is looking out for themselves and immediate family. In essence, selfishness and power consumption is the real problem the world faces. Another problem is the fact that people truly do not know what real power is and where it lies.

It's a sad tale of the downfall of man. And it will happen!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If a republic stuck to its true values, there would be nothing worth paying government off for. These recent bailouts, welfare, etc. they are not a thing of republics. The idea of a republic is to find the balance between keeping law and order, and keeping government out of peoples lives, for better or worse.

That would mean no bailouts, no welfare, etc. etc.

The more money involved in government, the more reason there is to corrupt government. When you give government the power to do so much, you give reason for evil people to corrupt it for them. The centralization of power, in any organization, is dangerous for that very reason.

In a real republic, nobody would have enough power to be worth corrupting. But when a government has trillion dollar budgets, there is money to be made in corrupting said government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join