It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The song that doesn't exist. John Lennon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A few months ago, an anonymous person on an internet posted a song he found on the internet a few years ago called 'Techno Tango' someone made the claim that it was actually a recording by John Lennon in an alternate universe where he had survived and continued his music career. No information comes up in Google when you search for the lyrics, title etc.. To this day no one's been able to come up with an answer to who really wrote and performed this song.

Here is the song that he had posted.
www.megaupload.com...

if anyone has any clues to where this might have come from it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am and have almost alwyas been a HUGE Beatles/Lennon Fan. I can identify his voice so quickly and this song is very eerie. It really does sound like him and the the lyrics are very lennon-esque. But just for the sake of sanity and a lack of info, I'm going to say it's not him. I mean, where...how...It just can't be...can it? Whoever it is, nice job immitating him, that's for sure.
Neat none the less.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
To be frank, that doesn't sound to me like John Lennon... Not only the voice, but also the music style. I don't think he would have gone that bad!

Where di you find this originally? There is no comment with the file there...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Just started farting around the net myself looking for info. Found this thread which was a good read. Still no REAL info yet.

zip.4chan.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Artacus

I think I heard that one once, it went like:

The song that doesn't exist We are all livin' yeah God with the master pla-an, yeah Freaky lights and Goldilocks reigning down, Dad It's that song that doesn't exist I ran to Tarply, Kansas, yeah Where the rain-bells brought in the new year, yeah She was standin' there, yeah With gold in the locks of her hair, so fair living like a monkey song, yeah to a tear to an eye of something else, yeah To a song that does not exist

Rare indeed. Not everyone is impressed with John Lennon, even though I thought long ago he was somehow related to Jack Lemmon.

His best work was with the others....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The file was found around 2005 from what I've read.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm going to say that not only does it not sound like Lennon (though he did have some pretty lame songs now and then), I have trouble believing that he could ever go this bad. If he were still alive in another dimension, he wouldn't be after this one. STANKY!!! Even ol' McCartney didn't get much worse than this.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Artacus

John Lennon was a perfectionist and recorded a lot of songs he deemed were not good enough for release (unlike Paul McCartney). After he died, his widow Mrs Ono decided to release as many songs of his as possible (some claim to cash in on them). I heard some of the songs she released and knew what Mr Lennon had meant.
There are probably many songs still recorded that have never been played to the public. He is not the only artist out there who records many songs and is not happy with them, so they get either erased or put up in storage somewhere. It is not a surprise if one of the songs is the one mentioned by the OP.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ellison Chase - "Welcome to Tomorrow" (1983)

sorry to burst all of your bubbles

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I like the song actually, very 80's cheese. Something you might hear on the radio in Vice City.

Although it does sound a lot like Lennon, I don't think this is his style. I certainly don't think it's from another dimension...

The whole "One of his songs he never released and got leaked" is plausable I suppose... but unlikely none the less.

I really think it is just some random thing someone through together, and threw the magic of the internet got it spread to some idiot who thought it would be funny to pose it as a Lennon's ghost recording.

Case closed.

[edit on 12/28/2008 by TheMayMelancholies]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Or... John Lennon recorded the song ~ before ~ he came here?
Could it be, that John Lennon came to Earth to further his music career? Could this be why a crazy was aimed at him and he was killed?

Why kill the 'man with the message'?
To keep that message from proliferating.

What was the message?
Who was behind the man who killed John Lennon?

conspiracy...

got to go listen!!!

RIP John and Stuart.
Stuart was such a babe...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sounded more like it could be from the earlier years of the sugar hill gang than Lennon to me.

If this was a 1 line post, this line wouldn't be here.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The song is called Welcome to Tomorrow by Ellison Chase

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
HMmmm The first part Definitely sounds like Lennon... And I could swear it has yukono overtones in it....

Maybe John titor left some music with his family before he left.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeck!

Well, Ellison certainly isn't trying to NOT sound like Lennon.

after reading Geoff Emerick's book about engineering several of their albums, I'm not sure I can agree with the poster who referred to Lennon as a perfectionist while McCartney wasn't, though!...at least during the Beatles years.

What a horrible mishmash of sequencing to suffer though.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow, so much for "scouring the net". If someone could find the original song on YouTube, it must not have been very mysterious. I do prefer the remix though.

I think the topic creator just did this for kicks and giggles.

join