It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advancements in lightcraft technology are being made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Alright people listen up. We probably have a company here who very well could be responsible for the lights we see in the sky.

Lightcraft technologies is a company who is focused on transportation using only light to move. They made their first major advancement in 2000 when they made a miniature model that actually worked. Video below.

Ever since this, they have not even so much as updated their website (www.lightcrafttechnologies.com...). I decided to email them and see whats up. I asked them if they are still active and if so, have they made any advancements. Surpisingly, I got a response about 2 days after I sent my email. What I got is below.

Robert,

Definitely, but I’m not at liberty to disclose details at this time.

Best regards,

Leik Myrabo

CEO, Lightcraft Technologies, Inc.

Imagine, if they had a miniature scale craft in 2000 that actually worked, imagine what they have now.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
LOL listen to the RACKET they make and thats just a MINIATURE..imagine the noise a full scale one would make!?!! Not to mention it pretty much goes in a straight line, hardly the kind of aerodynamic abilities we associate with 'UFOs'
Hovering or flying very slowly/silently, Sharp turns, incredible speeds at a moments notice.
So basically while this is interesting, I cant see it for one moment being mistaken for any UFO activity

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

interesting technology,

how does light create thrust ?

sure would save alot of money on fuel !

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
interesting technology,
how does light create thrust ?
sure would save alot of money on fuel !

You still need a power source to create the ‘light’...

Reading the website might help to answer some of your questions.

A Lightcraft is a 1kg launch vehicle, made from high temperature ceramic materials, that flies into space on a megawatt laser beam.

The Lightcraft, shown here in flight, is both a single-stage-to-orbit launch vehicle and a satellite.

A ground based laser is the power source that propels the Lightcraft into orbit. Lightcraft can deliver payloads into space for a fraction of the cost of traditional rockets because most of the engine stays on the ground, thereby unburdening the craft from having to lift the energy source for its propulsion system.

The back side of the craft is a large, highly polished parabolic mirror that is designed to capture the laser beam projected at it from the ground. The mirror focuses the beam, rapidly heating the air to 5 TIMES the temperature of the sun, creating a blast wave out the back that pushes the vehicle upward. As the beam is rapidly pulsed, the vehicle is continuously propelled forward, on its way to orbit.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
very interested aboutthe light creating thrust. i dont know how it does it....but wow.

yes very miniature.

not ufo's ahha

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Yes, quite a racket, but maybe the technology of who or whatever is piloting the "ufo's" is much more advanced.
Maybe the pulsing is internal as witnessed by the pulsing lights of many "ufo's."
Just a "out there" thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okay... good try kids.
Until they can come up with a much larger, silent craft with razor sharp maneuvering capabilities they need to leave the flying to the Pleiadians.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

so it's hot air that is causing the thrust ?

now all they need to figure out is how to reduce friction from gravity and it could be an amazing way to launch vehicles into space.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thrust is created by a rapid series of explosions created by the rapid expansion of the air behind the vehicle. Each explosion pushes the thing. The vehicle can only operate within the atmosphere.

It brings to mind the original "Orion" spacecraft concept in which the vehicle was to be propelled by a series of nuclear explosions. Instead of a ground based laser providing the power, the vehicle would expel little nukes which would detonate behind the vehicle, pushing it along. This design would work in or out of the atmosphere but carried with it a few "difficulties".

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have a hard time making the connection from this laser powered toy to something that has a practical use and I'd take the schpeal in thier PR video with a grain of salt.
By "ready for commercial use", they could simply mean they are ready to take your money.

The idea of beaming energy to a craft is nice and all, but only so long as your line of sight is unimpeded, if you're on a predetermined path or rail(or carbon nanoribbon such as the space elevators are looking at using).

If and when they do scale things up, I doubt the buffeting from laser pulses superheating the air under a craft would be any less comfortable than the chemical reactions that we currently use for rockets.

We shall see...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
propelled by a series of nuclear explosions. Instead of a ground based laser providing the power, the vehicle would expel little nukes which would detonate behind the vehicle, pushing it along. This design would work in or out of the atmosphere but carried with it a few "difficulties".

Seriously?!?!
Sheesh, and who's bright idea was that?
That's just crazy talk.
"Yeah, we'll just blow up some nukes behind it and it should be fine...no problemo...what fallout?"
LMAO

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Not to mention that it would be a bumpy ride; "boom...boom...boom...boom...boom...". It would kind of get on the passengers nerves I would think.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why do so many of you discount these ideas? If you told a person 100 yrs ago they would be having a conversation with another person anywhere in the world using a device half the size of a cigarette case, as well as sending them an instant image of yourself, you would have been considered a nut case. Or for that matter what we are doing on this forum.
Inconceivable 100yrs ago.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Jules Verne thought of many things which were considered impossible more than 100 years ago. He was very successful as a writer and was not considered a nut case.

I don't see anything here saying this technology is nutty. It obviously works. Finding practical applications and working around the technical difficulties seems to be what is being discussed here. Though I don't see what it has to do with aliens and ufo's.

top topics

join