It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels, Demons, and AAT’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Recently there seems to be a lot of threads about ancient alien influence, specifically the "Ancient Astronaut Theory" or AAT. Such threads can be found here:

Skyfloating’s:
Ancient Extraterrestrials

Rren’s:
"AAT" The other "Theory of Evolution"

Aliens have been called many things, Greys, Yellows, Blues, Oranges, Humanoids, Reticulans, Shining Ones, etc.. What I am wonder is if we have overlooked the biggest evidence of all, evidence which has been right in front of our eyes all along. Are Aliens what our ancestors called Angels and Demons? This thread is dedicated to making connections and translations between ancient scripture, stories, and legends (from all religions), and see if they can be applied to modern day aliens. I want believers and non-believers to use whatever they have at their disposal to debate their opinions, and use whatever evidence they can find.

Bear in mind, the mind of a man 1,000 years ago would not see ships, energy weapons, or aliens; but stars descending from the heavens, bolts of lightning, and angels with wings.

I will start us off with my interpretation of Chapter nine of what I see as ATS’s favorite piece of scripture,
The Book of Revelations:

Revelations 9:1
The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.

An Angel (Alien) called out to his people/ship, as it then descended, reentering through the atmosphere like a star falling star. Lowering from the sky and coming to rest above the earth mid air. Aboard the ship was a generator (key) which opened a portal to space itself.

Revelations 9:2
When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a giant furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.

When the portal was opened a swell of nanites rushed out, darkening the sky and swarming around the world. Their sheer numbers blotting out the sky into total darkness, giving them the upper hand against humanity’s aggressors.

Revelations 9:3 And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.

Soldiers of another world poured out of the portal in one giant mass, their weapons they wielded were of ungodly power, dropping a man from a great distance.

Revelations 9:4
They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

These soldiers were instructed to only use force against those dark and evil men around the world, and to leave the Earth and her natural beauty untouched.

Revelations 9:7
The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.

The Soldiers were armored and armed prepared for a battle. Their body’s encased in suits with helmets of gold, reminiscent of a human’s face.

Revelations 9:9
They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

Their armor was impenetrable and hard like the iron armor of men. The sound of their (wings/ships) were like the thunder of a stampede carrying them through the air and over the battlefield.

Interpretations, and translation of any scripture, stories, legends, or other religious/non-religious texts are welcomed as well as opinions and interpretation reinterpretations. It about time we look at what the faithful call evidence, as evidence of our own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Jaques Valle adressed this in his books including Passport to Magonia.

This is highly speculative and he admits it unlike some authors who write with conviction and ignore obvious facts.

It would be better to start with hard facts that can be confirmed so you have something to fall back on when bizzarre theories fall through as they will.

It will help to have organized files about myths. Jaques Vallee has made references to his files but I don't think he published many of them. He seems more credible than many others but partly becuase he admits that he doesn't have all the answers. Unfortunatly he doesn't always do as good a job citing sources as I think he could and should.

It won't hurt to speculate as long as you don't forget your speculating.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have to give you credit that this is the first I have read tying Rev 9 to a possible alien invasion. There are many threads here on Ancient astronauts and theories on past visitations, role in creation ect.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The thing about prophecy is that it allows the reader to see what they want to see in it. You could interpret this in countless ways. For example...

Revelations 9:1
The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.

Air-raid sirens are warning of an impending disaster. A giant meteor falls from the sky and strikes the Earth.

Revelations 9:2
When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a giant furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.

The resulting impact and fires throws dust and smoke into the air, choking the atmosphere.

Revelations 9:3 And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.

The meteor was carrying a pathogen which reanimates the dead.

Revelations 9:4
They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

The hungry dead only crave the flesh of the living, and thus only attack humans.

Revelations 9:7
The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.

This refers to the great number of deformaties the dead will have, from either rot or ruin.

Revelations 9:9
They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

Breastplates like iron is figurative -- they do not actually have armor, but refer to the fact normal wounds will not kill the zombies, only destroying the brain. The sound of their wings refers to their cries and screeches as they hunt living flesh.

join