It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King of the Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Who else loves this show?
Iam angry at the fact fox cancelled it another great show cut off because you cant buy a toy with its name on it

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
don't worry it will be on cartoon network on the adult-swim by the end of the month, and i'm pretty shure it still plays on fx.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have most of the seasons on dvd already so no worries on it being on tv
im just disapointed about no new eps. coming out
and the fact that fox has the gall to X such a brillant show

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Runningtobabylon

Cartoon Network (Adult Swim) will start airing reruns on Jan 1st at 10pm ET. Although Fox has canceled it after 13 episodes run in the 2009/10 season, there is rumors ABC will pick up the series.
The show is one of the best animated shows on (along with Venture Brothers), and much better than the Family Guy type shows. It also has a realism to it, and the characters are among the most three dimensional in TV. To me, it is the best sitcom even when putting in all the live action comedies. When was the last time a cartoon character went through puberty (Joseph)? The voice cast is perfect, and Bill Daltry is one of the more memorable losers on TV.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Why Shug? Why Shug? Bobby rocks.

CJ

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

They found out my wife likes it.
Seriously, poor woman, every time she finds a show she likes..they ditch it, or change it. She had just recently discovered King of the Hill.

I'd like to apologize on her behalf.
I'll also blame her, on YOUR behalf.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I heard that if ABC does not pick it up, FX might? I am not sure how that works being a Fox channel but that is what I was reading. Either way, the article really sounded like there was a great deal of interest in keeping the show going, just not the money. Apparently a show that has been running as long as this is no longer cost effective unless it is the show bringing everyone in.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

They can save costs by ordering a 13 episode season. The money is made in DVD sales and reruns on broadcast and cable networks. I think Fox wants to keep the "Family Guy" type shows, and "King of the Hill" does not fit in those shows. FX, while owned by Fox, is a different entity. They may attract the audience for KotH, which is an older audience. FX sells its advertising geared to baby boomers. The baby boomers are an under served audience, and they watch the most TV. At least we are getting 13 episodes next year no matter what happens.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The article I was reading though specifically stated that the cost of renewing a show in it's 14th season is just not justifiable for the revenue KOTH brings in. I will have to see if I can find it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Fox does make more money on the Simpsons and Family Guy, but there is money to be made on KotH if it is properly marketed. Fox ignores this show, so it may not live up to its potential in DVD sales. I do see the reruns on broadcast TV and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim is going to start airing reruns on Jan. 1st. I do know there is interest in other venues to keep KotH going, and once it leaves Fox, it will be treated better than it has been. Again, there will be another season of 13 episodes for the 2009/10 season, so there is time to decide what to do. If it is canceled, at least it has had a very long and good run, so I won't be too disappointed.

top topics

join