It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If The United States Government Officials announces intelligent life exists in our galaxy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There would be riots, chaos and destruction. Society would crumble.

The human race is not ready to come to terms with itself not being the supreme being in the universe.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
As long as they dont make me ware no naff startrek getup ill be happy..

Then I would want a ride in my new ufo made by honda lol

cant see it being done by our goverments, the ET's if they are here will do it.

Thats my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
As much as i want to believe if its the Whitehouse who come out and say it i will have to put it down to a hoax to usher in the NWO. If they want me to belive them then they should go ask the aliens for a time machine and go back in time and correct all the lies and spin they have decieved us with in the past.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult
[more

Personally I think that many of the non-believers, would freak only because it would clash with their ideology. I don't think the majority in numbers of regular people, would think this is a doomsday scenario, and the "aliens" are only here to exploit us, nor illiminate the human race. We've got to accept, that these socalled "aliens" probably could blow us to kingdom come.... The big question would be "WHY". Now if we have catalogued more that sixty different species, The excact number were mentioned, by the panel of the Disclosure Project" in and open forum, with the world getting to hear some of the "black Ops" projects up through time.

I'm sure that there will be a sort of confusion, should ET's come out to show their faces and intentions. They're no doubt several steps up the evolution ladder from us. I'm waiting for a miracle, where we would start living our lifes, using zero-point-energy. The reason why this idea, which in fact haven't been put into production, is oil.

Yes we can handle the truth..

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellsing

It would then make me wonder if some of our fellow humans that have been complaining about being abducted and experimented on against their will were then actually telling the truth?

I suspect "they" are already here, and have been a long time.

I also suspect their agenda is not purely benevolent.

Looking at our own past Earth history, anytime a technologically advance society has landed on the shores of a less advanced society the less advance society was conquerored and "assimilated".

Bigger things eat little things in order to survive. That is the law of the jungle and probably the universe.

I would love to think our "space brothers" come in peace but all organisms strive to survive.

If these beings can travel from star system to star system, or another dimension, parelle universe, different time - they are probably a thousand to maybe even a million years ahead of us. This automatically puts us at a distinct disadvantage.

My reaction to Disclosure?

I would be very watchful and lay low.

They've been here awhile I suspect so why now "disclosure".

Also, someone that far ahead in development possibly might also be able to manipulate someone less advance (us).

If "they" have been here awhile, why disclosure now? In the area of "aliens / UFO's" there has been much secrecy and many people have been murdered to keep disclosure under wraps. Why? Something's not right, there's been too much secrecy up until very recently.

Possibly if and when "disclosure" takes place it is because "they" have arranged it so.

Why has there been so much deceit in this area for so long, ask yourself that?

When someone has "good intentions" towards you they are forthright, open and honest.

When someone has "bad intentions" towards you they are deceitful, sneaky and dishonest.

We may have more to fear once disclosure takes place because then, the time of dancing on the dance floor is over and it will be time for everyone to lay their cards out on the table.

Disclosure may not be the "beauty in truth" everyone is hoping for.

It maybe a signal that for the human species the end is near.

Again, I would lay low and keep my eyes and ears open.

Omission of the truth is the same as a lie, it is the act of deceit pure and simple.

If someone lies to you or keeps the truth from you they are being deceitful and I don't trust deceitful human or otherwise.

If "they" have been here awhile (and I think they have) they have been sneaky about it.

Do you think "they" will really disclose their true agenda?

[edit on 22-12-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
reply to post by alien

They have TV in New Zealand already?

--bloody stupid american

Yeah, I think it mostly has Australian content tho...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
*IF* this ever did happen (I doubt I'll see it in my life time even if the facts were that governments are aware and in contact with alien intelligence) then there is no way we'd suddenly see ships floating down, landing in parks, and have aliens mingling amongst the populace.

Why? We cannot even tolerate our own species if they are from another country. If an influx of people who only speak different were to suddenly be competing for housing, sustenance, employment whatever, you can bet that the average joe teatowel would get noisy about it, and quick.

Does anyone remember the movie/television show "Alien Nation" ? While not dealing with disclosure, it did portray slightly what I'd expect to happen.

I don't presume that any alien civilization lives a harmonious 'star trek' lifestyle. Why do we always presume that if they are up there/down here, that they are incapable of the very same character traits that define us as individuals?

We put too much faith in the story telling of hollywood. Every alien race the humans encounter all seem to act the exact same, all following the same behavior.

I'd put more thought into the idea that any group of intelligent alien lifeforms, would be as varied and differing as our own.

Apart from that, bring it on I say. I'd be eager to get away from it all for a nice holiday somewhere far far away, long long a.... no.. oh well.. Far far away will have to do...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
What would your re-action be ?

I'd throw a party. Seriously. I would be saying 'told ya' so' to a hell of a lot of people as well. Then I'd be writing letters to news papers and magazines telling them that the world needs to get it's crap together and we need to come together to have a united front against space invaders who do not think highly of us.

ET treats humans in an awful manner. People need to understand that.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have one question. Why should it be a United States announcement? Just about every thread with this type of theme always puts America squarely in the center of the world.

At any rate, it seems more likely that such an announcement would come from someone like the United Nations. They represent more people in this world. Let's face it, it's not all about America!

IRM

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm not sure it would have much impact. I think most people already believe this. I actually think it would make them look stupid to be such late comers. The people who have denied the possibility would be the first to say "I told you so".

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm positive there would be plenty of people who still wouldn't believe it, you would need to have the aliens show up at their door. People are happy living in their controlled lives and follow the idea of ignorance is bliss. For every truth posted on the internet there are countless half truths and downright lies to supress it. I for one am open to new possibilies and ideas, however my bull# detector is on full auto.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I have one question. Why should it be a United States announcement? Just about every thread with this type of theme always puts America squarely in the center of the world.

At any rate, it seems more likely that such an announcement would come from someone like the United Nations. They represent more people in this world. Let's face it, it's not all about America!

IRM

Bah you just took some of the thoughts right out of my head.

Question: What if Iran announced this news to the world, what would you all say then ???

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why is it that the greatest volume of our intellectual reflections concerning alien species are so anthropocentric and self absorbed? Why should we expect any sort of alien intelligence be similar to our own? It would be prudent of me to point out that all this thread has amounted to so far is a social experiment concerning the possibility that these "aliens" were in fact humans from another a distant place in our galaxy, and how we would react to them if they were to encroach upon our own planet. This has not been in any sense of the discussion, a true presentiment of the future of our species in regard to alien contact. Why would aliens even bother operating vehicles? I think that rationale is simply deluded.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

what??? lol some kind of fantasy you have there.

If I saw the U.S gov finally telling us. I would take a pipe rench and then take a bus to washinton D.C and smack every government offical with my rench. and I will shout out... TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!

I would be pretty pissed.Cause the government really lied to us for many years and I wound wounder what else they are not telling us.

If the aliens want to come here to hybrid us and for exchange we get there technology. I would slam the door on them and say heck no.

When your dealing with intelligent creatures they can turn around and be like well we are done or by the way we are going to make you our slaves.

I would look at the situation as if once they are done hybriding us and get enough people to go with them then they might as well enslave us or take over our planet.

So I am just saying if we allowed them then we are giving them a chance to wipe us off the face of the earth or enslaving us at the end.

I mean if aliens have no love for one another they wouldn't be a kind species.

I mean if they can't reproduce by themselves then they have really no love.

If you get what I mean. Humans usally have feelings and love one another because of our structure we can reproduce which gives us these feelings.

So these aliens would have no love or any emotion. So why would you trust them?

This is my response to the op questions. This what what I would do and also would think about if such a thing happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

In order for alien contact to ever be made, so that the public is made aware of the event, we have to be prepared to abandon millions of years of psychological addiction to the human condition, most greatly manifested in emotion and social intelligence... We have to shed ourselves completely from these evolutionary delusions. We have to undergo a physical and morphological transformation, so that our brains are made completely and utterly distinct from those of our ancient forebears. We have to undergo an induced evolution, called upon by an immense demand to interact with our new alien neighbors. I'm sure all sentient species undergo a similar transformation, culturally or, if they are not capable, through technological means, in order for inter species cooperation to take place. That all intergalactic species share very similar characteristics might be a very plausible reality, as evolution has driven them to a point of special singularity, so that cooperation and coexistence might be tolerated.

You can see how easy it would be for us to "not trust them" or think that they are "out to get us". It's all hardwired into our brains. No species bent on militaristic domination would have the social intelligence to communicate with our leaders save for despotic assertions, and so, they would be revealed immediately when the danger is most imminent, so that the public is aware of the looming threat to their lives, and so that a resistance in the public mind might be brewed.

It's funny how all the different alien species we imagine occupies a different region of our psychology. Some are conniving (the grays), some are enlightened and intelligent (pleidans) and some more mischievous (reptilians). These are all human characteristics.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
There would be riots, chaos and destruction. Society would crumble.

The human race is not ready to come to terms with itself not being the supreme being in the universe.

Why do you say that? Movies and tv shows about humans encountering alien life from beyond this world have been around since the 1800's. None of them have caused fear, panic, or society to crumble.

Why do you think the reality would panic everyone? Frankly, I can't see any of the folks here in Texas getting hysterical about it. Interested, maybe... looking for a nice tourist buck, maybe... cautious, maybe.

But riots? Don't see why.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

What about the infamous Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast?

People were running mad in the streets and all hell broke loose all from a hoax perpetrated over the radio.

In all fairness it was under the pretense of a Martian invasion mind you, but still I agree that there would be a great many citizens who would truly come unhinged were they to be told that aliens are real.

That would crush quite a few belief systems...and would most definitely change reality as we all know it.

[edit on 12/22/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The "masses" would conform just as easily as they have conformed over millennia of human existence, from tradition, to religion, to cultural and social more... we are quite the intelligent animal. However, the problem with this entire discussion is that we are not really imagining what would happen upon contact with an alien species; what we are imagining is a supernatural visitation from a purely psychological manifestation, or ghost, possessing appropriately human characteristics.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If the Cuban government came forward and said alien life exists, how many people do u think would listen, or even believe what they are saying ?

how about the mexicans ? iranians ?

i am using the U.S because when they talk people listen, im not saying it has to be them, it would probably be the UN.

But if the united states then came out and said the UN is lying, who do u think most people would believe ?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I for one would say Finally!! Because there doesnt seem to be any on this planet especially in Wash.DC!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join