It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book

www.telegraph.co.uk

The newly unearthed diaries of a colourful assassin for the wartime Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the forerunner of the CIA, reveal that American spy chiefs wanted Patton dead because he was threatening to expose allied collusion with the Russians that cost American lives.

His book, "Target Patton", contains interviews with Mr Bazata, who died in 1999, and extracts from his diaries, detailing how he staged the car crash by getting a troop truck to plough into Patton's Cadillac and then shot the general with a low-velocity projectile, which broke his neck while his fellow passengers escaped without a scratch.

Mr Bazata also suggested that when Patton began to recover from his injuries, US officials turned a blind eye as agents of the NKVD, the forerunner of the KGB, poisoned the general.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.vho.org
www.rense.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Was General Patton assassinated?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is one for the conspiracy pile gang.

According to this "colourful assassin" Patton was assassinated to keep him from exposing the deaths of american lives by the hands of collusion between our higher ups and Russia.

Im a big admirer of General Patton and loved how he spoke out against whatever and whomever was ticking him off at the moment. No matter what side they were on or what office they held.

Its been speculated he was killed for being such an outspoken one against TPTB at the time but this opens up a whole new loop in the conspiracy twists of our governments history.

The rense article is a brief translation of the pdf document link below(i know i know)

A full translation of that document would be interesting to read.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I read this also on Prison Planet. I have no doubts Patton was picked off. The motives can be debatable but the Russians being involved is a no brainer. I wouldnt be surprised if the OSS wasnt involved.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
he was not the only one. right now there is a debate in Poland (followed by the investigation) on polish WWII general Sikorsky's death. it looks that he was killed by the british/us secret service for puting the alliance with Russia in danger. he has find out about the murder of polish oficers by russian NKWD and wanted Brits and US to redefined the status of Russia as a "friendly" country.

he was right, but in that time it was pretty uncomfortable for Churchill and Roosvelt to loose Russia before the German's capitulation.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting.

So, essentially, Patton thought that Eisenhower's incompetence and diplomatic incompetence unnecessarily prolonged the war and allowed for the Germans to make their latch-ditch Ardennes Offensive?

Patton was an outspoken advocate about fighting the Soviets, so no surprise that they'd want the General dead, too.

It was my understanding, though, that Patton wore _ivory_ handled pistols, not _pearl_ handled ones.

[edit on 21/12/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

In order to more fully understand the context of the Korean conflict, the Viet Nam conflict, the context of 911 and the deal with Russians and the Iraq conflict you must first read and study Patton.

As a boy, Patton read widely in classics and military history. Patton's father was an acquaintance of John Singleton Mosby, a noted cavalry leader of the Confederate Army in the American Civil War who served first under J.E.B. Stuart and then as a guerrilla fighter. The younger Patton grew up hearing Mosby's stories of military glory. From an early age, the young Patton sought to become a general and hero in his own right.

Patton came from a long line of soldiers, including General Hugh Mercer of the American Revolution.[1] His great grandfather John M. Patton was a governor of Virginia. A great-uncle, Waller T. Patton, perished of wounds received in Pickett's Charge during the Battle of Gettysburg. Another relative, Hugh Weedon Mercer, was a Confederate general.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ive always beleived that the death of Patton was a bit too coincidental and suspected that there was much more to the story than met the eye.

Thanks for this interesting find

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Right On Fuggle! And by the way, his usual quote on the matter of him having a pearl handled pistol was... "Only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse or a tin-horn gambler would carry a pearl handled pistol" ! HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Star and Flag.

In order to more fully understand the context of the Korean conflict, the Viet Nam conflict, the context of 911 and the deal with Russians and the Iraq conflict you must first read and study Patton.

As a boy, Patton read widely in classics and military history. Patton's father was an acquaintance of John Singleton Mosby, a noted cavalry leader of the Confederate Army in the American Civil War who served first under J.E.B. Stuart and then as a guerrilla fighter. The younger Patton grew up hearing Mosby's stories of military glory. From an early age, the young Patton sought to become a general and hero in his own right.

Patton came from a long line of soldiers, including General Hugh Mercer of the American Revolution.[1] His great grandfather John M. Patton was a governor of Virginia. A great-uncle, Waller T. Patton, perished of wounds received in Pickett's Charge during the Battle of Gettysburg. Another relative, Hugh Weedon Mercer, was a Confederate general.

en.wikipedia.org...

Want to hear something really funny?

Ever see the movie "Gettysburg"? Patton's great uncle is in it. You see him very quickly during the part with Picketts Charge.

Who is he? Well, that's easy. Just find Ted Turner. He was playing a cameo role as Waller Patton.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ever wonder how different things would have been if The General had lived? Would Ike have been president? Or would it have been McArthur or Patton? Think how different the country would have been, especially under that SOB Patton.
Wish we could find another SOB like him,

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Robert Wilcox was on C2C Saturday nite, 13 December. Ian had a nice conversation with him about Patton and his theory of Patton's assassination.

I heard this one many years ago. It's just a rehash with some new names and still no proof. We'll just neglect the official reports and all the witnesses who talked to Patton after his accident or the official reports about the accident. After all, how can you have a decent conspiracy with official documents in place. This was a real event, not something like Roswell or that ilk.

Problem with this one is now there is a new diary and a self proclaimed CIA hit man. Nothing gets the conspiracy buff frothing at the mouth more than an implication of the CIA, no proof needed, he said he was a hit man so therefore, the proof has been provided.

To bottom line this one, a new book to be sold to the masses, probably some cable channel looking for some ratings with do a cheesy docudrama and call it history.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ive always beleived that the death of Patton was a bit too coincidental and suspected that there was much more to the story than met the eye.

I never quite believed the status quo myself either. This scenario is certainly within the realm of possibility. If true, it's just even more reason to look up to Patton. We need more generals like him, especially now where the trade is politics for lives instead of military policy fist.

Ironic, just months ago Sec Def sacked Gen. Moseley and Sec. Wynne, unofficially over a disagreeing viewpoint. When there's a bureaucratic will there's a way, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I remember watching the Patton movie with my dad when I was a kid, this was way before the internet and the history channel brought conspiracy issues into homes.
My dad told me that Patton was killed because of his opinions about the Russians, wanting to invade them while we were already there.
Also his attitudes towards the de-nazification after the war ended was said to have been to lenient.
Anyway, since nobody has bothered to post this yet, i guess ill do the honors

[edit on 12/21/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I remember that George Patton believed he was the reincarnation of Alexander The Great. And he did have every intention of waging war against the Russians after the Germans were over and done with. So if this were true? It comes as no shock to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
they don't make them like Patton anymore! Ike picked him for the command because he knew Patton could get the job done! Period. After France and Germany where liberated his job was done. Washington and the Pentagon had no intention of engaging the Russians. Still don't, thats why it's stand down on Iran

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow i just made it back. Thanx for all the great replies gang.

I realize there have been a couple different stories throughout the years about his death and whether not it was accidental or caused by this reason or that reason.

In 1945, wouldnt you just have someone walk up behind him and shoot him in the head. Things werent too complicated back then. No you tube, no cell phone cams.

An assassination would be simple and silent, not complicated and combursome like a car accident then subsequential poisoning wouldnt it???

Just wondering. Like i posed for a question in the first post, what really is this "Colourful Assassin's" credentials and just how reliable is his information in this book. Or is it a money scam to sell a couple thousand copies at 19.95.

Go ATS Sleuths Go!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Excellent Post Kronos!!!

One of my 2 favorite of all time movies is Patton and Midway.

Just thought id throw that in there.

====
Mod edit: big quote snipped

[edit on 12/22/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I would advise you to watch this as well, about another, lower ranking officer during WW II.

They say that taking of Foy really happened as portrayed. Can you believe that?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am in the Army, and from what i have seen personally in Iraq, top ranking commanders, thus commanders of a whole army, 50-75,000 troops, general patton would have a PSD(Personal Security Detachment)Bodyguards. thesePSD team are hand chosen and loyal to the end. I have been on a psd team in Iraq. So to straight shoot him would be hard. Also remember that the US and the russians were playing trade with german prisoners be it scientits or nazi officals.....

Remember McCauther wanted to drop Nukes on china during Korea and looked what happened to him

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

I really appreciate men like Patton and Rommel. I named my doberman's Rommel and Ava... I plan on having bulldogs and naming them Patton and Marilyn. Someday.

Semper Fi, expose the truth. People who promote peace become dead, and erased from the history books. Men like Patton will never die in spirit. The warrior spirit lives on to forever fight Tyranny and opresion.
The Marines do guard the gates of Heaven, and many went through hell to get there.

Lets destroy the evil bankers and Govt's, lets evolve into a true renosance, and lets embrace our fellow man with love and truth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join