It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, tell me if this is happening to you!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am finding it more and more difficult to get some decent shut eye. Recently I have been on the cusp of sleep and I am abruptly awakened by ... apparently nothing. What I mean is, well, for instance last night I was right at that point where you are just starting to have those bizarre thoughts that line the gateway to sleep and I get this shock, like an electrical bolt has passed through me and I wake up a bit startled if not out right scared.

This happened 3 times to me in one night, usually its every couple of days. Well, anyway after the second time of being jolted awake, I tried to keep my eyes closed and continue my breathing normally accompanied with my normal soft snoring. I was kinda scared so I continued like that for what seemed to be about 15 minutes. I was hearing strange noises all over but I kept up the sleeping act. Then some force literally lifted one side of me off the bed around 3 inches or so and I was kind of slammed down. To the point where I was bouncing a bit afterwords. I tried to reproduce the same thing on my own but I couldn't without getting some bouncing momentum. So that rules out muscle spasms lol.

No idea on this one guys, a bit of help/insight/discussion/relation might help a little. I've never heard about this, oh also forgot to add a detail, I don't know if it has anything to do with my new sleeping problems but here goes.

My brother was outside with the dog to make sure he went potty before bedtime, I could hear them below my window, I'm on the second floor. Well, I heard some noise from the woods, which is about 30 ft away from my window, definitely heard movement like crunching snow and an occasional branch snapping. The dog was on a leash and they hadn't entered the woods. It didnt sound like they wanted to either because my dog started flipping out in response to whatever was out there. He sounded like he was scared more that anything but tried to mask it with a big nasty show of barking and growling from his 120lb+ Rottweiler frame. This was obviously before my very peculiar sleep disturbance. Well, there you have it, I'm probably just imagining things... right?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You got me.

Here is one thing you may try. If this be anything spiritually related this will help. Leave a Bible open anywhere in your bedroom (It does not matter what page you have it open to as long as it is open). Even if you don't believe, just try it. I cannot tell you about the freaky things that had happened to me. Heard about this old trick and have not had those freaky things happen since. One day I cleaned my room and forgot to re-open the Bible in my room and had a freaky thing happen. When it started to happen, the first thought that went through my mind was "I forgot to open the Bible after cleaning". Got up, opened the Bible and nothing since.

If it's not spiritual / supernatural then this probably will not work.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well thank you! I will have to give that a try, Im up for anything at this point.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You can also try putting a small cache of lavender under your pillow and a small cup or what not of "celtic sea salt" not regular sea salt. The celtic sea salt has all of the minerals left in it and for some reason they seem put off by it. I know what you are talking about and you can tell them to get out and leave your home and family alone. (include pets names) You really need to mean it so dont do it until you can get fully behind telling them to get out.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by robotically

The answer is yes. This has been happening to me, and my boyfriend... right on the cusp of sleep and ready to blink out... when wham! awakened for no apparent reason.

At first, I thought we might be having our micro earthquakes here in Reno, but never found anything on the USGS maps the next morning. And this has been going on for months now-- at least three months. And usually when it happens, I'm unable to get back to sleep for some time without taking four drops of Bach's Rescue Remedy.

The sleeplessness is all we experience though. None of the rest. But I've heard a few other people mention the same thing.

[edit on 12/17/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Just so you know your not alone I felt the same way last night and ended up going for a late night walk. I was seriously exhausted and about to pass out but as soon as I turned off all my lights and got in bed I realized I was wide awake and couldn't go to sleep.

[edit on 12/17/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So you both think I'm up against something paranormal... yikes. It seems I can't get away from that kind of stuff, weird things like this have always happened to me but this is the first time they, or it has ever come in direct contact with me and thats what it is beginning to sound like. Thanks for the help I will try both methods.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This may also be sleep apnea, as you may have an obstruction to your breathing at night. One thing to do is get one of those wedges for you. They do help me at night, although I still have some problems. (I am on a list for a sleeping disorder test, which you may want to look into.)

Also, if you are overweight, you may want to lose it. Overweight/obesity is a problem when trying to sleep at night.

Good luck on getting help for the problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Oh thank you so so much hun, at least I know I am not crazy. Oh that makes me feel so much better thank you! thank you!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Well, I do appreciate the scientific approach as well. I am not morbidly obese just a bit stocky, I am actually losing weight. Not at an unsafe rate though. Thing is, in regards to the obstruction, I have been jolted awake mid snore, so when it happens its not particularly in reaction to anything I am doing or not doing. Thank You!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ever had random noises, like your computer desk squek, or the tv make sounds even though its not on??? random noises that don't make any sense.

have this happen to me all the damn time... i get sick and tired of it, I end up needing more sleep... I will try leaving a bible open.

Fox...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah that is pretty common for me. Whatever I have always delt with my entire life is apparently gaining strength. I do not want to know what is after this... thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have it quite often (except this lifting stuff) and do not see anything abnormal here. even my daughter (8 years old) has it sometimes. it is some nerve system reacting this way in connection to the brain activity. but surely nothing to be worry too much about. and nothing paranormal as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by robotically
I am finding it more and more difficult to get some decent shut eye. Recently I have been on the cusp of sleep and I am abruptly awakened by ... apparently nothing. What I mean is, well, for instance last night I was right at that point where you are just starting to have those bizarre thoughts that line the gateway to sleep and I get this shock, like an electrical bolt has passed through me and I wake up a bit startled if not out right scared.

This happened 3 times to me in one night, usually its every couple of days. Well, anyway after the second time of being jolted awake, I tried to keep my eyes closed and continue my breathing normally accompanied with my normal soft snoring. I was kinda scared so I continued like that for what seemed to be about 15 minutes. I was hearing strange noises all over but I kept up the sleeping act. Then some force literally lifted one side of me off the bed around 3 inches or so and I was kind of slammed down. To the point where I was bouncing a bit afterwords. I tried to reproduce the same thing on my own but I couldn't without getting some bouncing momentum. So that rules out muscle spasms lol.

No idea on this one guys, a bit of help/insight/discussion/relation might help a little. I've never heard about this, oh also forgot to add a detail, I don't know if it has anything to do with my new sleeping problems but here goes.

My brother was outside with the dog to make sure he went potty before bedtime, I could hear them below my window, I'm on the second floor. Well, I heard some noise from the woods, which is about 30 ft away from my window, definitely heard movement like crunching snow and an occasional branch snapping. The dog was on a leash and they hadn't entered the woods. It didnt sound like they wanted to either because my dog started flipping out in response to whatever was out there. He sounded like he was scared more that anything but tried to mask it with a big nasty show of barking and growling from his 120lb+ Rottweiler frame. This was obviously before my very peculiar sleep disturbance. Well, there you have it, I'm probably just imagining things... right?

Here's what's been going on, with me as of late.

posted on 29-9-2008

Ok…this is something that has been on my mind for the last month but keep forgetting to post it on ATS. I was half awake on a Saturday morning and was thinking if I should get up or not, just a quick thought that passed thru my mind as I laid there with our cat on the bed at my feet. Our bed is situated where the headboard is to the back wall and the bathroom is directly from the bed about 5 feet from the footboard of the bed. About 20 secs from having the thought of weather or not I should get up, I heard what sounded like a big piece of metal dropped into our bathroom sink! I swear the sink should have broken in two pieces as big as the sound was. As soon as I opened my eyes to see what the it was that dropped our cat ‘jumped’ for lack of a better word, to see what it was that hit the sink as well with her head turn in the direction of the bathroom and her claws dug into the blankets. I laid there not seeing anything in the bathroom run out or move around. The cat was frozen on the bed still and not looking away as if she saw something. I was thinking, “hmmmm…wonder what could have dropped? Almost sounded like a gun... ?” We have a wire shelf over the sink but there’s only toothpaste and brushes on it; all the cans of hairspray were on the sink itself. I get up after a minute of laying there as the cat is still gripping the blankets and looking directly at the bathroom. Normally when I pet/scratch her head she responds by turning her head in the direction of my hand to ensure she gets a little more attention however, her gaze was completely fixed on the BR. When I walked in there wasn’t anything out of place. Nothing in the sink or the toilet.

posted on 29-9-2008

Saturday night as I was getting for bed, I check my wife's alarm clock to ensure it was set for 7am. It has a big button on it to change the alarm time. It makes a distinct sound when it's pushed down. I set it for 7am and went to bed. Not sure how long I was asleep but, I suddenly woke up and heard the alarm clock button being pushed 4 times in a row quickly; as if someone was looking at it to figure out what the alarm was set to or something.. My wife was sound asleep; I just laid there kinda freaked out and drifted off to sleep after 10 mins or so..

Going to add this event to this post since it's relevant. About 3 weeks ago, I was laying in bed, after hearing the alarm clock go off, shut it off and layed there for a couple of minutes and then thought "well, I guess I should get up". Immediately after having that thought.. I physically HEARD a radio transmission along with the mic being keyed... "that is confirmed" or something similar to that! I FREAKED! I opened my eyes immediately, looked toward the window which had the blinds shut, but just a bit open to see if the police were in my backyard. I got up, opened the blinds in the bedroom, looked outside, nada. zero, no one there. I ran to the the sliding glass door, open it up.. walked out side.. nada, zero...no one there. I ran out the front door in hopes to see a police car or some kind of activity going on about the neighbor .. nada zero,, quiet as a mouse. Sky was clear, with a few clouds.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Komodo]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Actually every time I go to bed I hear one of my doors opening and closing (not shut but just small movements), enough to make it click rapidly.

The only living thing that could have pushed it was my dog, whom is usually in bed with me.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

This may also be sleep apnea, as you may have an obstruction to your breathing at night. One thing to do is get one of those wedges for you. They do help me at night, although I still have some problems. (I am on a list for a sleeping disorder test, which you may want to look into.)

Also, if you are overweight, you may want to lose it. Overweight/obesity is a problem when trying to sleep at night.

Good luck on getting help for the problem.

I do agree. Sounds like sleep apnea. The reduced or lack of oxegyn can give the illusion of paranormal happenings.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know that with us, it's not sleep apnea. And that a low thyroid can also cause sleep apnea. With us, we'll be awakened suddenly, just on the cusp of sleep, for no apparent reason. And this, even if we'd hiked ten miles that day and were completely exhausted. And once awakened, a physical restlessness sets in and an inability to get back to sleep. Very odd. I used to fall asleep immediately and sleep like a rock before.

But as he explains in his opening post, it's not just sleeplessness that's bothering him. He seems to suggest something sinister, or at least paranormal, may be going on.

Edit to add: robotically, what did your brother say about what happened outside by the forest that night?

[edit on 12/17/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I get jolted awake as well. But I also see things...shadows move in my periphery, I've tried to justify that as just my eyes adjusting to the darkness, but it doesn't happen every night. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night. Maybe all these things are stress-related? The brain is a curious and complex thing...but it seems a tad bit medieval to start jumping to the paranormal conclusions. I mean, people used to think sneezing was the expulsion of evil spirits. Maybe we're just having trouble describing mundane things that we don't yet have an explanation for.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Also be aware that the electromagnetic field surrounding planet Earth is fluctuating wildly right now, and this I think is causing people to lose sleep, and all the anger one sees of late in people. Even animals are going crazy, birds are flying in the wrong direction, sharks and dolphins are going to places where they usually do not go. It will get worse long before it ever gets better.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That one, I DO believe...I've had three birds fly into the side of my house this year

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join