It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like I've been scammed by all of these internet metaphysics help websites.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've heard fascinating things about past-life regression from coast to coast and then when I go online and search for the same topic I see all of these websites claiming to be able to put you into past-life regression for a fee. They say they can do it for money yet they don't explain their techniques or how it works. I spent a lot of hours in my life wasted not being able to find a single legit past-life regression website that looked legit. I've seen tons of scams. I lost a lot of time doing that... I've lost time that I can't get back. So I've turned to psychology for help and I've started to read texts on psychology. At least psychology is proven by fact. I'm sure that there are legit people who can do real past-life regression treatment but where are they? I really would like to read their stuff online and what they have to say. I just felt like I had wasted a lot of time falling into some kind of trap on the internet by scam-artists. Does anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Everybody has his own justification and reasons. By all do respect you just sounded like a hungry lamb that got angry because its new owner didn't feed it what it want. What you call proof is completely subjective. If a pill doesn't work for you and works for 1000 others is it a scam?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If you really want to find a professional that does this I don't think I would trust the net.

If you live in a decent sized metropolis there MUST be some sort of metaphysical community. Here in Atlanta we have a couple of metaphysical stores, one of which rents out rooms for various classes, has psychic fairs, publish a monthly magazine where all sorts of local people advertise their metaphysical related services, and all sorts of stuff (not run by one group of people, anyone that wants to teach a metaphysical class can rent rooms and get on their schedule).

Find that sort of group in your area if you can (one that does not subscribe to any one person or group, but is a collection of independant people, you don't want to get involved with some cult). You should be able to learn of a reputable past like regression therapist if you try.

Just be careful, I personally don't believe in past life regression it because it would be way to easy for the therapist to implant false ideas and memories (even unintentionally). Plus if one believes in the universal mind (and or akashic records) it is impossible to know if memories are your individual memories, or from the collective consciousness.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I haven't really looked into past life memories much because I'm not sure the time investment would be worth it for me, I don't expect/want or trust some psychologist to do it for me so it would be a personal time investment. If this is what you want I think you would have more luck trying to come up with your own meditational method, documenting what you experience.

I imagine getting legit past life memories would take a very large time investment unless you are somebody who has stumbled on them naturally or by chance.

Meditation is going to be the key to these sorts of things and it is something you know you can trust if nobody is suggesting things into you. And sometimes you can trust the suggestion, but just saying.

One way to practice would be trying to remember experiences from when you were very young in meditation. I have tried this and struggle, rarely getting anything. But if this is what you are trying to do, I am sure you can accomplish it. Come up with your own common sense method, that's my advice.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think you've done the right thing. Moving away from that area is a positive act. Past-life regression has very debatable results and evidence seems largely anecdotal. When investigators have looked into a variety of claims, they tend to come up with nothing. A recent BBC News story was also inconclusive. Just a look at the PLR sites is enough to make me cautious. They are all selling steam in a bucket. 'home regression kits' and 'Teach yourself to be a regression therapist.' At least with psychology, a hypothesis is tested and conclusions drawn.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I feel like I've been scammed by all of these internet metaphysics help websites.

I've been scammed by these internet metaphysics

scammed by internet metaphysics

scammed metaphysics

metaphysics

Metaphysics = Magic.

Yes, you got scammed.

If a pill doesn't work for you and works for 1000 others is it a scam?

That would depend. Does the pill have extensive lab testing and research to prove it's effects and side effects, as well as double blind testing to confirm the results? Was the pill put into clinical trials and administered to patients by doctors who monitored their reaction to the drug and could report anomalies? Was it tested against a placebo?

Medicine has rigorous testing that accompanies the development of any new drug or treatment. This doesn't necessarily mean that the drug or treatment will work on everyone, as not everyone's chemical makeup is the same or reacts in a similar manner - but it does mean that it has been proven to work in MOST cases. And they can show you the data to prove it.

You don't get that with psychics and metaphysics. It's all just smoke, mirrors, and subjective personal testimonies. Never any real objective data to prove it's veracity.

I can find 1,000's of people who will claim that Jenkem is the best high you'll ever recieve - and will often trade recipes with each other. Unfortunately for anyone who tries it, they'll find out real quick it's just one long perpetual joke. At the end of the day, no matter how many personal testimonies you hear about how good it is, you'll only end up with a lung full of fermented poop gas.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i personally do not think that coaxing 'past lives' experiences is accurate.

But, there are those extremely rare persons who have the 'past lives' experience happen to them spontaneously...
now those instances, i would put into the profound and most likely 'Accurate' column...

many (imho) independent PastLife Regression 'therapists' are pretty much like the run-of-the-mill Genealogists that abound in the back sections of magazines....
most everyone i know has 'direct lineage' to English Royalty, and has a family crest that was somehow forgotten when the family came to America... of course all this revelation & discovery
->had a modest fee

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you are interested in exploring past lives, but not comfortable with paying to sit with someone else to do so - have you tried any 'self-help' books? One that I like to recommend it "16 Clues to Your Past Lives!" by Barbara Lane.

That way you can self explore, and if it works for you...fine. If not, fine too.

Good luck with that!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I understand exactly how you feel. I listen to Coast to Coast AM (streamlink -- which I do pay for) and often visit the websites of the guests and am usually left feeling as if I've been duped. The only additional money I am willing to spend is on books that interest me greatly. I won't pay for a long-distance past-life regression or cleansing or any of that stuff. I also sometimes get the feeling that every Tom, Dick, and Harriette in this field is in it for the bucks. That waters down the message greatly in my mind.

I like the above advice to look for local groups who specialize in these subjects.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
If you really want to find a professional that does this I don't think I would trust the net.

If you live in a decent sized metropolis there MUST be some sort of metaphysical community. Here in Atlanta we have a couple of metaphysical stores, one of which rents out rooms for various classes, has psychic fairs, publish a monthly magazine where all sorts of local people advertise their metaphysical related services, and all sorts of stuff (not run by one group of people, anyone that wants to teach a metaphysical class can rent rooms and get on their schedule).

Go HOOT-n-OWL!

Find that sort of group in your area if you can (one that does not subscribe to any one person or group, but is a collection of independant people, you don't want to get involved with some cult). You should be able to learn of a reputable past like regression therapist if you try.

Just be careful, I personally don't believe in past life regression it because it would be way to easy for the therapist to implant false ideas and memories (even unintentionally). Plus if one believes in the universal mind (and or akashic records) it is impossible to know if memories are your individual memories, or from the collective consciousness.

Yeah.. the thing is this... all of these are "models" which some have found assist them in finding the sensation of "truth" and in many instances helped them with their issues.

I love learning new models, but I find myself running into very sloppy models alot.

Try older models that are still off the beaten path, like G.I. Gurdjieffs writings.. specifically Bezelbubs tales to his grandson.

Anway... they are all maps for the subjective territroy of existence. You gotta play with the model for a while before you can really tell how lame it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
When you say lame Hunka Hunka lol I suppose you are speaking of the model and it's limitations?

Thanks going to check out Gurdjieff myself some more later on looks interesting.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is one of the things I like about ATS.

They really do work hard to see that we aren't being subjected to people with ulterier motives with thier sharing of info.

I have been in a couple of situations where this was possibly a factor and the mods acted pretty quickly to end the scam.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your help. Yes, in the past you see I've wasted a lot of time looking for past life regressive websites to find out about past lives (if I have any).

I wasted a lot of time and I have turned to psychology since psychology has real facts and real information that is provable...

reply to post by interestedalways

May I ask what is your experience with threads with people claiming to be knowledgeable in the areas that I'm talking about and if there was any mod reaction to them?

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Save yourself in the future by knowing that most of what you hear/read is false.

Did you waste your time? Not if your a science fiction fan. I have read and watched a lot of mind splitting articles and videos, but believing them takes a whole different leap of faith. I personally require solidified factual evidence to even begin to believe any new concept.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Thanks for all of your help. Yes, in the past you see I've wasted a lot of time looking for past life regressive websites to find out about past lives (if I have any).

I wasted a lot of time and I have turned to psychology since psychology has real facts and real information that is provable...

reply to post by interestedalways

May I ask what is your experience with threads with people claiming to be knowledgeable in the areas that I'm talking about and if there was any mod reaction to them?

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

Sorry, it has been awhile, and as a member of short attention span theatre I don't carry as much in my mind as I could.

I do remember a thread or two getting closed down and a mod reaction telling me that they do try to help us from being scammed out of our money and I also remember this being backed up with the facts of the thread/threads (happened twice in my memory) that were about someone pitching something for sale.

I wish I could be more factual, I am just sharing my experience that seared itself in memory.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Go HOOT-n-OWL!

Yup! You got that right...must be a local boy.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
99% of what you will find out here is a scam.. bottom line.

These folks make a living at this.. They have to pay their bills, and they must make money.. They will do what they must to do what they must do.
Sadly enough this is what has held me back for so long.

I have had my spirit barr'ed by these people. I tried for so long to seek answers from others, when the whole time the answers are right there inside your heart.
You just have to know where to look. And how to bring them to you.

You dont need money first off.. And you are very correct when you are weary of anyone who first makes a living off this.

Much like those who sell you Jesus or a place in heaven.. Its the same thing. There are many evil pagans, who claim to be of the light.
False.

And as it turns out, Im sorry I can not show you what I know. Nor can I tell you where to turn.
But I can tell you that if you stay true to yourself and those you love.
The light will find you.

Never buy something like this.. NEVER!

The money I could have made from this.. Oh man.. I would be freakin swimming in money right now if I used what I know for those means.

I just couldnt do it.. I refuse to do it..
I absolutely refuse to make money with what I know.. And what I do.

Its a private thing.. And being a druid, I know better than most. 99% of it is all BS scam.. To make money.. sadly enough.

The answers you seek are within you.. within love, family and friends.
A good time out.. A good time in with the family.

All you need is love my friend. Everything else comes in due time.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh in this field ther are more frauds than real people yes.

Just like most UFO pics are not real UFO or fakes.

Does that make them all wrong or fake?

Of course not.

It's not something you do by the Net anyhow.

I know one thing for sure this man is not a fake, came upon it after working with a patient for a long time.

He was totally skeptical.

CERTAINLY NEVER NEEDED THE MONEY! always a good place to start

and risked loosing his Career and Standing in researching it more.

HIS CLINICAL RESULTS are astounding against his traditional Psychiatric methods, of which he is still one:

A graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School,
Dr Brian L. Weiss M.D.
Chairman Emeritus of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami.

Dr weiss

More Case notes, results, healings of sometimes Sectioned Patients, or those with very long standing Pyschosis which are untreatable by normal modern medicine.... seem funninly enough disbelievers to have Miraculous cures when regressed properly, and past life issues are dealt with.

Especially good for Phobias.

Yep but 95% plus of them are Money fishers......

BUT that does not mean they all are.

OP get your self a good CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPIST who also has many years practise of regression.

Costly though, but they could make more money doing Coaching Execs or marriage counselling, so they dont do it just for the cash

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 15-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Namaste

I would first recommend the following books:

Journey of Souls

Destiny of Souls

Both of which are written by Michael Newton PH.D. These books are phenomenal! He also has a website where you can find those who do past life regressions in your state and/or city. His website is as follow:

Spiritual Regression

And the link for a local Regression Therapist is as follow:

Local Regression Therapist

I hope that this information helps you along your soul journey.

Keep the mind tuned to a positive frequency!

Ekam Sat (Truth is One)

Love & Fire
Universal Light Being...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i personally do not think that coaxing 'past lives' experiences is accurate.

But, there are those extremely rare persons who have the 'past lives' experience happen to them spontaneously...
now those instances, i would put into the profound and most likely 'Accurate' column...

many (imho) independent PastLife Regression 'therapists' are pretty much like the run-of-the-mill Genealogists that abound in the back sections of magazines....
most everyone i know has 'direct lineage' to English Royalty, and has a family crest that was somehow forgotten when the family came to America... of course all this revelation & discovery
->had a modest fee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join