It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danger - 2 States From Constitutional Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Danger - 2 States From Constitutional Convention

www.rense.com

The Ohio state legislature is expected to vote today, Wednesday, Dec. 10th, to call for a Constitutional Convention (Con Con). If Ohio calls for a Con Con only one more state need do so and Congress will have no choice but to convene a Convention, throwing our U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights up for grabs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This comes from the American Policy Center via Rense. Has anyone else heard of this? A Constitutional Convention???

Are they planning to re-write our Constitution?

more snippets:

Thirty-two (32) other states have already called for a Con Con (allegedly to add a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution). 34 states are all that is required, and then Congress MUST convene a Convention.

You may have heard that some of those 32 states have voted to rescind their calls. This is true. However, under Article V of the Constitution, Congress must call a Constitutional Convention whenever 2/3 (or 34) of the states apply. The Constitution makes no provision for rescission. We've been told advocates of the convention are waiting to capture just two more states - Ohio, and one other. They can then challenge the other states' rescissions in the courts while going ahead with the Convention. Congress alone then decides whether state legislatures or state conventions ratify proposed amendments.

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything on APC to add an extra link to this story

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here it is...

This could be very bad... With Obama as president when it happens... second amendment going in the toilet...

This could be REALLY BAD.

Also, the democrats own the congress and senate... and are bought and paid for much more than the republicans... as we saw with bailout... who stopped the bailout the first time? Republicans... but still most of them are corrupt scum.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank You!

Oh yes, this is very bad. Combined with the FED wanting to issue it's own Debt, and T-Bills going into negative return.

Armageddon almost sounds like a party compared to the possible future of the USA.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I can't wait. We need a few amendments. Like the end of electoral colleges in preference to letting the people choose the president by popular vote.

Amongst many others....

If they call one I will do all in my power to be there.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I saw that this morning. Does anyone have an article to this that lists actual sources?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I saw that this morning. Does anyone have an article to this that lists actual sources?

How's this?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
After doing a little digging I found that in Ohios 127 legislative gathering the did indeed pass the motion to call for a constitutional convention.

They maybe calling it for the wrong reasons but this is our chance to take advantage of their greed.

The president should be elected by popular vote.

The house of representatives should be replaced by you and me. We should be allowed to represent ourselves on a federal level in order to prevent things like the Iraq war or these massive bail outs. We should of some control over how we are taxed and what our taxes are spent on.

One more state. Thats all we need. Then it is on us to show up and make our constitutional demands known.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Super link

Read for yourself. One more state then every american that can needs to make the trek to the convention.

Our state of the union is in such sad state we need to address the basic issue of representation or lack there of.

I mean what use is it to write congress when they ignore you?

Where is your representation when it comes to new tax increases?

How can folks that live in the top 10% of the economy represent the other 90% of the lower income scale?

It is our time to make things right. If they call it I am going. I will crash that party. I will make my voice known. I will be damned if they are gonna have a constitutional convention with out me. Things Gotta change. I will be there.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by asmeone2

How's this?

Excellent! I was trying to back-check this and see if it wasn't just some of the yellower stories posted to Rense.

At least at this point, there doesn't seem to be anything about martial law or whatever else in there...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

You're right that it could be a huge opportunity for the people... but what we've seen in the last decade about freedom of expression... when you go to the constitutional convention it will be like the republican convention... free speech zones, militarized police, ect... no real patriots will be allowed in... you can be sure of that. They won't let their power go away peacefully.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Read for yourself. One more state then every american that can needs to make the trek to the convention.

Completely agree. This could be monumentally bad or good, but we can’t play into any decisions if we don’t show our faces.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

While I personally don't agree with Mob Rule for the presidential vote, I do think that there should be specific instructions that each presidential elector MUST vote in accordance with popular vote from the area they represent. That is a federal election, with federal electors and the Constitution has every authority over things Federal.

State's right remain State's rights regarding their own elections

As for all federal taxation bills having to go to the people for passage, as well as budget (and Bailouts) I am with you 100%. Again, States decide their own laws.

Then again, I'd like a basic "literacy" test for all who are eligible to vote before they CAN vote, but I know that will never happen.

Unfortunately, should a Con Con occur, we will probably find ourselves losing even more rights than ever, with Big Brother in our nether regions every minute of every day - National IDs, RFID Chips, and all those other "tinfoil" ideas will probably become 2x4's

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Interesting topic. Wonder what state will put the nail in the coffin. Is there a list of the other states that have voted in favor? You won't find much news wise of any sort of possible constitutional convention as far as national level goes.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I am not so pessimistic. Nor am I so concerned with our literacy as I am with congresses purposeful obfuscation of the laws they vote on by the use of obscure and queer language.

Not one congress person read the patriot act when it was passed and even if they wanted too they would of needed a ten pound thesaurus and a month of isolation to read through ten thousand pages. And passing legislation with out reading it is the norm for congress. If you doubt me just ask your congress person. Most likely you will get an auto generated excuse stating that while they do there best to read everything they just don't.

I don't know if I could read through the patriot act in 2 days but I could darn sure vote no on hastily drawn up bills.

I also despise the limitation of our liberty in regards to who we vote into office. If we elect a representative to office we should be allowed to re-elect him as many times as we want .

Their are only four fundamental changes that need to be debated and addressed and I am certain that when these changes are address and ratified we will have a free government of the people by the people incapable of devolving into tyranny.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If you guys want a lot of people to hear about this I suggest you email

Alex Jones www.infowars.com...

George [email protected]

Please DO NOT make comments about these radio hosts. The point is to reach as many people as possible about this.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

In todays day in age, I would definately be voting FOR an electoral college. I am also 100% FOR term limits. In fact, we should have term limits for senate and congress as well.

Imagine a world of no term limits, no electoral college, and a whole bunch of privately owned voting machines. Sorry, but in this day and age, electoral college gives us transparency. Its alot harder to prove a rigged popular vote as opposed to a rigged electoral vote.

No term limit+electronic voting+only popular vote. Talk about president Bush's dream come true.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Lets be honest, how many people know what a constitutional convention is? A majority of people wont take issue with a constitutional convention taking place either. They would say "oh, its for the good of our country". I dont depend on the common man to know well enough anymore. These are the same people who refuse to vote for third parties because it "won't make a difference", you think they are going to care about a constitutional convention?

Either way, its not like we would have a real say in it. Its a matter of congress coming together to create new amendments. You really think we will have a say in the matter when one of these things takes place? The rich and the greedy will have a field day should any of these take place.

The politicians that don't care will show their true faces, and you nor anyone else aside from that select group of congress members will be able to stop them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
If you guys want a lot of people to hear about this I suggest you email

Alex Jones www.infowars.com...

George [email protected]

Please DO NOT make comments about these radio hosts. The point is to reach as many people as possible about this.

I’ll do that solarstorm, good idea. Hopefully more people will contact them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Not one congress person read the patriot act when it was passed and even if they wanted too they would of needed a ten pound thesaurus and a month of isolation to read through ten thousand pages. And passing legislation with out reading it is the norm for congress. If you doubt me just ask your congress person. Most likely you will get an auto generated excuse stating that while they do there best to read everything they just don't.

I am with you 100% here

I also despise the limitation of our liberty in regards to who we vote into office. If we elect a representative to office we should be allowed to re-elect him as many times as we want .

I am more of the philosophy that politicians are like diapers and should be changed often, for the same reason

Their are only four fundamental changes that need to be debated and addressed and I am certain that when these changes are address and ratified we will have a free government of the people by the people incapable of devolving into tyranny.

I'd be very interested in hearing your 4, whether I agree with them or not, I would like to know your reasoning behind them.

Will you share?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join