It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Setup? Shoot, come live in Illinois for awhile. This is Illinois politics my friend. Blago is just a dumb--- and got caught. I just hope he was dumb enough to name plenty of names to drag them down with him.

I'd file for impeachment immediately.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Your analysis of this latest scandal is right on the money.

The Feds Cherry picking whom they decide to file charges on and when is the crux of the issue here. They've known this guy was a scumbag for a couple of years now and for them to finally just today arrest him is such a blatant herding/scare tactic. This wayward duck flew out of formation and got shot down only after he pulled a fast one on BOA.

This is going to get real interesting.

The Undertaker

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
WOW!

I grew up in Illinois, moved away 14 yrs ago, and just moved back 5 months ago. When I first came back i saw how bad things had gotten since I left. I mean, damn, we are paying 10% tax in Cook County! The tolls went from $.40 to $.80 in a matter of years, and yet nothing has ever been done to fix the roads. The same construction is going on since I was in High School! This has always been a city of corruption, and I for one am overjoyed that Gov. Bla(no clue how to spell it correctly)... has been arrested, good riddance! This is truly a great day!!!

It will be a long road, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for my state...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I've read some of these stories. All I can say is that if you ever wanted to know what really happens in politics and have it exposed for all the world to see, take a good look. ........... It will be interesting to see how Obama's team quickly distances itself from him.

Yes...some sick stuff. I have read the indictment and as best I can tell...Obama has nothing to distance himself from. The Gov is recorded via wire-taps throwing fits and cursing about Obama...calling him a "Motherbleeper" for refusing to offer anything "beyond appreciation" if the Gov appointed Obama's recommendation to the Senate Seat.

Man, I've been waiting for Blago to hang himself for a very long time. Ryan was bad, but everyone knew this guy was a tool.

This guy deserves to spend time in prison..and not country-club prison. I'd enjoy seeing him spend some time in general lock-up.

And I hate the fact that I can't even spell his last name!

Me too, but pretty soon the difficulty in spelling his last name will be a non-issue since he will be know simply as "inmate (insert number here)"

[edit on 9-12-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't understand how so many people here can fail to put together the obvious truths.

I will break it down numerically for easier digestion:

1. Corrupt governor plunders Illinois for years.

2. Corrupt governor does something for the "little guy" and takes on Bank of America in his state.

3. The VERY NEXT DAY, corrupt governor is arrested on months/years old charges against him.

If you can't put these three together, GET OFF THESE FORUMS and go take some critical thinking classes at your local university. Please.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think we can allll agree that most politicians are lying, cheating, morally corrupt scum. Our current VP worked for Haliburton, our current Treasury Secretary was a CEO on Wall St, Ted Stevens, the lobbyists doing coke and sleeping with politicians, etc etc the list goes on..

I think a loot of us would agree or tend to think that B.o.A. along with banks like Chase and the Fed are in the power circle.

I honestly believe our economy has been tanked on purpose by the powers. Our market is soon to be flooded with over a trillion dollars in under a year! Can anyone imagine what's going to happen when that money gets out completely? What gives our money value is its scarcity. That's why we have inflation each and every single year, we need more money so we make more money and little by little the value goes down. Well instead of waiting to do a little bit each year they flood the market within 1 year. I don't know what's their plan, but I do know this(kill the world economy) IS part of their plan.

It seems a little weird that they arrested him like they did. Three year investigation? They've been on him for over 1000 days and of all days they choose the day after he potentially costs B.o.A. a whole crap ton of money? That's worse than a 1 in 1000 chance!! This rots to high heaven. I don't give a crap if he is a crook, they're all f-ing crooks! HELLOOOOO, Ted Stevens getting the pardon from Bush? They're ALL crooks and they ALL help each other out as long as they play the game. Bernanke + Paulson go to Congress and ask for x, Congress scoffs and says no, then they come back and we say oh yeah sure when the new number is x + 100s of billions????? IN SPITE OF allllllll the phone calls made to representatives that said NO bailout? Then they scold the auto industry, wait a week, and will now give them billions also? I think the American people need to write a formal letter to congress for OUR bailout. We'll get turned down the first time and they'll accept when we come back with a larger figure!!! I'll write it!!!!!!

I'm tired of people thinking well this is the story, and that's it. WE WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH. There is ALWAYS more to the story than what we know. ALWAYS. We as American citizens and citizens of the world have the wool pulled over our eyes in almost every aspect of our lives. More and more each day I realize this. That is why WE are the ones speculating on a conspiracy site and THEY are the ones playing Monopoly with our US Dollar, and they cheat.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by ImaNutter]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I don't understand how so many people here can fail to put together the obvious truths.

2. Corrupt governor does something for the "little guy" and takes on Bank of America in his state.

3. The VERY NEXT DAY, corrupt governor is arrested on months/years old charges against him.

If you can't put these three together, GET OFF THESE FORUMS and go take some critical thinking classes at your local university. Please.

Star for you sir. I tried to make it as simple as possible for the people who really dont critically think but you my friend made it so simple anyone can understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yup. I wish I would have taken screen shots of the cnn article on this as well. They have changed their story a couple times about what exactly he was under investigation for and what he was ultimately arrested for.

I truly believe that TPTB has that black book on everyone and it's just up for bid. Blago was fine until a higher bidder (BoA) said throw the hammer down.

Again, let me be clear, he's a crook and I'm GLAD to see him arrested.

But why not last week? Last month? 2 years ago when they had already been investigating him for a year?

Timing is everything. And what do you know ... no coverage on any of the media outlets on the factory stand-in now. Two birds with one stone!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Whats crazier to me is that I just went through this entire headline article: CNN Article and there is not ONE mention of Bank of America!

I think he pissed someone off... now they are going to make him go down looking like a corrupt politician.

I feel sorry for him... I wonder how many of these charges are legit.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

No doubt that the Fed, Treasury and the BOA Needs!!!!!! a diversion, have to keep the prying eyes of America out of their backs.

No only he will be impeached but he will be in the news long enough until America can only remember nothing else.

Propaganda as its finest and how lucky to have the right corrupted person to do it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

From accounts I am reading, I am not going to question that the charges are legit. What I call into question is the timing of this arrest in light of what happened yesterday. Too much of a coincidence for me.

reply to post by Oreyeon

You don't have to explain corrupt politicians to me, my friend.

Look at my location, my people wrote the book that your guys are just playing from.
:shk:

[edit on 12/9/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Whats crazier to me is that I just went through this entire headline article: CNN Article and there is not ONE mention of Bank of America!

I think he pissed someone off... now they are going to make him go down looking like a corrupt politician.

Correct its just wrong isnt it. Isnt it amazing how the media just happens to leave that off? You think it is an accident? Not at all the focus is now off of Bank of America and right on the governor just how the banks want it. No story to see here people just another corrupt politician dont mind the bankster with a shotgun sitting in the corner of the room.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I will try to be less offensive than yourself and respond.

It is possible that this relates to BOA...but if we are to accept that conspiracy then let's fill in the blanks and connect the dots rather than shout like yourself..."either believe this or go away"

From what I know from following this story for the past couple of years....

This investigation has been going on for YEARS! The Gov. Knew it, the public knew it.

Why arrest him now? Because he was about to appoint a Senator to Obama's vacated seat.

If the FBI allowed him to make that appointment under corrupt circumstances, then they would have a WHOLE OTHER BAG OF WORMS to deal with having stood by and let a US Senator be appointed under potential illegal circumstances ...

And then they would not only be arresting a state Gov, but also potentially removing a US Senator from office...Impeachment? etc. It would get complicated fast.

They HAD to pull the plug before he made the appointment.

By the way...I find it ridiculous that you simply say...believe this or go away...make your case...ATS is about denying ignorance, not encouraging blind belief in what we are told.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oddly, knowing Illinois politics like I do, I think it was more Blaggys posturing on the upcoming investigation and seizure than anything.

Lets think for a minute here, corrupt politician suddenly gets arrested? Nah, doesn't happen without some prior knowledge that this will happen.

I think he knew it was coming (how many times has he been tapped for his shenanigans so far? lots) and tried to pin a "good guy badge" on himself before getting taken down. Lets face it, there's two things you can't kill in this world; cockroaches and martyrs.

He's setting himself up as a martyr to escape the rest of the crap he's been pulling, and likely, he'll be able to walk for it because no one wants that kind of political hot potato in their basket for long.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One thing people want to take into account.

The big question now is will Blagojevich retain the right to name Obama's successor even if he remains in custody or even under indictment? The answer is yes, according to Fitzgerald.

CNN also reached out to Jay Stewart, executive director of Chicago's Better Government Association. Stewart agrees that Blagojevich retains the right to fill the senate vacancy until he's out of office, which wouldn't happen unless he quits or is removed from office by impeachment.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So ... arresting him and going through all this apparently has NO EFFECT ON WHO HE CHOOSES AS REPLACEMENT FOR OBAMA! Unless of course, they impeach him.

So again ... if arresting him doesn't prevent him from doing what he was arrested for ... what the heck is the point???

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Listening to Rush right now, he brings up a very interesting point: Why would Fitzgerald blow the lid on this at this particular moment?

Fitzie said "There is a political corruption crime spree going on right now, and we want it to stop"

The implication is what is unsaid: "...before it ensnares certain other individuals."

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

10 Helium balloons tied together do not a visitor from another planet make and no amount of critical thinking will make it so.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I wasn't trying to be offensive, but it just seems so obvious.

The governor wasn't going to announce the successor to Obama's seat that day.

He did take on Bank of America that day.

And now they're saying he might still be able to appoint Obama's seat anyway.

I fail to see where any confusion about the reason for his sudden arrest.

Don't get me wrong, the guy was obviously a corrupt bastard. He wiretapped, took bribes, and used his political muscle to his personal advantage. But he had been doing it for awhile now. The timing and nature of his arrest speak volumes to the way our government handles corruption. Only when they take on the big guys do they go down.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Listening to Rush right now, he brings up a very interesting point: Why would Fitzgerald blow the lid on this at this particular moment?

Maybe it's only in Chicago that they are broadcasting the news conferences..

They have been investigating him for the past couple of years. It has been all over the papers.

* He was selling a US Senator seat (Obama's replacement) and was ABOUT TO APPOINT a US SENATOR under illegal circumstances.

THAT is why the arrest had to happen. I am sure they would have loved to let the investigation go on for a few more months and gather more info via the wire-taps BUT they could not allow a US Senate seat to be sold!!

If they did that...then what happens to the US Senator that was appointed under corrupt circumstances? The bills he might vote on? They couldn't allow that to happen. They had to make the arrest now.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
10 Helium balloons tied together do not a visitor from another planet make and no amount of critical thinking will make it so.

What?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join