It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

www.foxnews.com...

Illinois governor has just been taken into federal custody on corruption charges.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 9-12-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This story is just breaking I just saw it on TV. All I have to say is HOLY CRAP!!!! Now you tell me there isnt some corruption in the banking industry. Is someone going to tell me this TOO is a coincidence? He takes on the banks one day and the next he is sitting in jail. At least he wasnt killed like JFK, Lincoln, or Louis Thomas McFadden. Let this be a lesson to all. You take on the banks you take a dirt nap or get jail time.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
sorry wrong news article post

[edit on 9-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
query.nytimes.com...

here's the article

Actually no that is not it. That is a governor small. I down know who that is. The Illinois governors name is Blogovich. Here it is

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by jimmyx
query.nytimes.com...

here's the article

Actually no that is not it. That is a governor small. I down know who that is. The Illinois governors name is Blogovich. [/quote

i know ...i pulled the trigger on that one a little to fast.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

blogs.usatoday.com...

here is the real one

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Looks like someone stepped where they should not have dared stray...

My personal theory on this is that all politicians are kept under watch, and little negative tidbits that can destroy them are always just one "mistake" away from going public if the need arises. It would be so easy to do that I can't see how it wouldn't happen.

Governor Blagojevichjust made his mistake. He screwed with a big bank that doesn't want to be messed with.

[edit on 12/9/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
MY BIg I have been posting about chicago's corrupt politicians, this is huge and I believe it wil include Obama.

A three-year federal corruption investigation of pay-to-play politics in Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration has expanded to include his impending selection of a new U.S. senator to succeed President-elect Barack Obama, the Tribune has learned.

www.chicagotribune.com...

[edit on 083131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Note to others in power... Play ball or go to jail.

This reminds me of the Spitzer case.

(It wasn't Mark...doh!)

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

The bank is not it niteboy, he has been under investigation for quite some time.

[edit on 083131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Looks like someone stepped where they should not have dared stray...

My personal theory on this is that all politicians are kept under watch, and little negative tidbits that can destroy them are always just one "mistake" away from going public if the need arises. It would be so easy to do that I can't see how it wouldn't happen.

Governor Blagojevichjust made his mistake. He screwed with a big bank that doesn't want to be messed with.

[edit on 12/9/08 by niteboy82]

yup as I pointed out just a few above. You mess with big banks you get a dirt nap or jail time. I just sent an email to everyone I know about the corruption that is going on in our country and world for that matter. They not only control this country but they control the world also. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Apparently this is not connected to the BoA decision:

A three-year federal corruption investigation of pay-to-play politics in Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration has expanded to include his impending selection of a new U.S. senator to succeed President-elect Barack Obama, the Tribune has learned.

Federal authorities got approval from a judge before the November general election to secretly record the governor, sources told the Tribune, and among their concerns was whether the selection process might be tainted. That possibility has become a focus in an intensifying investigation that has included recordings of the governor and the cooperation of one of his closest friends.

The governor has not been accused of any wrongdoing. The specific contents of the recent recordings have not been disclosed. Blagojevich has said the appointment of a Senate successor, which is his choice alone, could come in a matter of weeks.
More at the full Chicago Tribune Article

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The bank is not it Super, he has been under investigation for quite some time.

Right but why now? Why arrest now? Im sick of all of these "coincidences" all the "spin" when someone who opposes the international banking cartel gets killed or gets jail time. If Blogovich was the only person yea I would see your point but there is to many people that end up dead after opposition to the "system"

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

MYbig it is not the bank thing, Blago has been under investigation and connected to Rezko, Obama's pal.

I have been watching and following this for quite a while

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm sure this turn of events will come as no surprise to Eliot Spitzer. Everyone who takes on the financial industry ends up as road kill.

Edit to add - Oops! Always read the entire thread before posting... Someone will surely have already said it if you don't. Sorry Karl!

[edit on 9/12/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

The bank is not it Super, he has been under investigation for quite some time.

Right but why now? Why arrest now? Im sick of all of these "coincidences" all the "spin" when someone who opposes the international banking cartel gets killed or gets jail time. If Blogovich was the only person yea I would see your point but there is to many people that end up dead after opposition to the "system"

I don't know why now, but us here in Illinois are sure sick of these corrupt politicians,

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by mybigunit

MYbig it is not the bank thing, Blago has been under investigation and connected to Rezko, Obama's pal.

I have been watching and following this for quite a while

No I understand Storm trust me I do. Why now though? Why arrest him the day after he announces Illinois will cease doing business with B of A? That is my point. Everyone who has been picked off or jailed has had "investigations" on them or some sort of "past" that causes these things to happen. This happens to be corruption charges. That is my point.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
And people wonder who is really in charge of OUR country and OUR money right now????
Oh yeah we have had an investigation going...done nothing so far but once he ran off at the mouth about dummping our banking GODS we had this on the back burner.....
I hope his people raise holy hell over this and not fall for the we had this going already BSBSBSBS

He stood up to them so they are going to try and destroy him plain and simple!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Report: Feds Investigate Blagojevich Selection Process For Obama Seat

www.wbbm780.com...

I pray every day they take Daley off to jail,

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You know what Im going to do. On the conspiracy part of the site Im going to start a thread and Ill post it when Im done of all of the "coincidences" of the bnaking industry. All the people who stood up to the big banking criminal cartel that have been "suicided" or "mysteriously murdered" Maybe if I piece together all the people maybe people will understand my point. Disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join