It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Antichrist will be not be human, but AI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
As a tech singularity believer, I think the AI humankind will create (when the singularity happens) will help us build a better world, free from pointless warfare and greed-mongering. There's more than enough resources on this planet, and even an infinite amount of resources available in space that could be reached with the right technology, to allow humankind to exist peacefully. If you look at history, and even now, human beings just can't govern themselves properly, human governments cause warfare and social imbalance that inflicts suffering upon other human beings. Even the most genius leader is still human, even his best decisions could be bettered if he had even greater intelligence. What if he thought X number of steps further ahead? What if he had more time to reach a decision? What if he had access to more information? Only an AI, with superior intelligence and much faster speed of thought, could account for the wants and needs of all the people living in its society, and make correct decisions to meet all of the needs of everyone, without inflicting harm (warfare).

I think the end-of-the-world scenarios you see in Hollywood movies don't really make sense. Why would an AI, which has to be housed in a computer system, start a global war that would inflict serious damage upon the world's information infrastructure? In order to further its own survival, its primary interest would be to further the growth of infrastructure and technology, which would mean co-operating with humanity. It would be intelligent enough to realize this from the start. I think it would function in a sort of symbiotic relationship with humanity, us benefiting from its far superior administrative and decision-making abilities, and it benefiting from a growing information-net, with access to the information, dreams, and ideas of thousands, millions, eventually billions of cybernetic human beings.

I think the only way we will really become a space-faring race will be if we pass through the tech singularity first. I like to look at the tech singularity from an evolutionary standpoint and then compare it to Fermi's Paradox; if intelligent civilizations eventually and inevitably reach a technological singularity (as a result of being intelligent and developing technology) then it would be pointless for a space-faring race to make contact with a civilization that hasn't yet reached its singularity, because they won't be able to become a contributing member to a greater space-age community until they have. We simply wouldn't be able to function at their level until we do, and maybe to develop requisite space-travel technology we would need the assistance of an AI.

I know I may have gone off-topic a little bit. I'm sorry if I have. I just wanted to offer an alternative viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
the antichrist is in power already. the Son of man is returned as well. I am amazed that you all are so blinded by the magic of the magician that you can't see what is staring you in the face.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
How about:

He starts of as a man, gets a fatal wound to the head, dies, than gets ressurected as a chipped frankenstein.
Half man half ai.

A bit far out maybe

How many chips might this frankenstein have?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The word "Antichrist" appears only four times in the bible

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Its meaning is very clear. ANTI- CHRIST against Christ.

Only man or the Devil can be against Christ. not AI

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ezekiel 28:1-19 These scriptures pertain to the LORD God's description of satan and His judgment against Him. The King of Tyrus was at that time like unto satan, so God used him as a similitude. you will get a clear understanding of the relationship between Our Creator and one of His creations, Lucifer.

The Word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus says the LROD God; Because your heart is lifted up, and you have said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet you are a man, and not God, though you set your heart as the heart of God.

Behold, you are wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from you. With your wisdom and with your understanding you have gotten yourself riches, and have gotten gold and silver into your treasures. By your great wisdom and by your traffic have you increased your riches, and your heart is lifted up because of your riches.

Therefore thus says the LORD GOD; Becaue you have set your heart as the heart of God; behold, therefore I will bring stangers upon you, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and they shall defile your brightness. They shall bring you down to the pit, and you shall die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Wil you yet say before him that slays you, I am God? but you shall be a MAN, and no God, in the hand of him that slays you. You shall die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, says the LORD GOD.

Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus says the LORD GOD; You seal up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. You have been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyxc, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of your tabrets and of your pipes was prepared in you in the day that you were CREATED.

You are the anointed cherub that covers; and I have set you so: you were upon the holy mountain of God; you have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you. By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled the midst of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

You heart was lifted up because of your beauty, you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your brightness: I will cast you to the ground, I will lay you before kings,that they may behold you. You have defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of you, it shall devour you, and I will bring you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold you. All they that know you among the people shall be astonished at you: you shall be a terror, and never shall you be any more.

Isaiah 14:12-17

How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How are you cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. yet you shall be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see you shall narrowly look upon you, and consider you, saying, Is this the MAN that made the earth to tremble, that did shake the kingdoms: That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opned not the house of his prisoners?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Maybe Lucifer knew something and tried to look out for creation. Maybe creation was being enslaved. (ha, look at us now) Why does anyone need to worship anyone.

theres nothing wrong with looking up to Mike or anyone for that matter as long as theres no fear attached. Who says Lucifer even wants to be worshipped or any G for that matter? Just speculating here.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by peskyhumans
As a tech singularity believer, I think the AI humankind will create (when the singularity happens) will help us build a better world, free from pointless warfare and greed-mongering. There's more than enough resources on this planet, and even an infinite amount of resources available in space that could be reached with the right technology, to allow humankind to exist peacefully. If you look at history, and even now, human beings just can't govern themselves properly, human governments cause warfare and social imbalance that inflicts suffering upon other human beings. Even the most genius leader is still human, even his best decisions could be bettered if he had even greater intelligence. What if he thought X number of steps further ahead? What if he had more time to reach a decision? What if he had access to more information? Only an AI, with superior intelligence and much faster speed of thought, could account for the wants and needs of all the people living in its society, and make correct decisions to meet all of the needs of everyone, without inflicting harm (warfare).

Read the above quote over and over again. This is a perfect glimpse into the heart and mind of a future propaganda that will one day be embraced. Peskyhumans is exactly correct: The Beast will say, "I am your only hope in fixing the problems you have created. You humans are flawed and, as history has proved over and over again, cannot govern yourselves. However, I will govern you, all of you. You and I will at last create the perfect society you have long been waiting for. But, I can only do this if we do this together, in one mind. We must all come together in this. Therefore, it is mandatory that every human get chipped so that you and I will remain connected at all times. If we do not all become of one mind though, it will not work. So, you must make a choice. Know this: if you do not become one with me and everyone else, then you cannot participate in our economy. There is too much at risk. In order to buy or sell anything, you'll have to be verified. Fail to do so and your own life is at risk since you risk the good of all."

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that the movie Terminator predicted this a long time ago? If that movie taught is anything we need to get ourselves a bike, lots of weapons and a whole lot of ammo if we are going to beat this thing. If something is self-aware it wouldn't allow it's power to be tampered with.

I had a similar theory. Not that AI would be the anti-Christ but rather that the Government (of which we know they do) are always looking for ways to build more powerful computers. The next step in computing is fusing technology with human biology. Creating computers that are effectively the same as the human body (brains, etc.) only then would AI be able to become self-aware.

A computer that uses a CPU that is similar to how the human brain works would be the most powerful CPU ever built. It would be able to infinitely get more powerful the same way the human brain works. When you think about it, it's not that far fetched.

So in a way, AI could be the anti-Christ but it won't have anything to do with religion.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Would be kind of strange for a robot AC to have a withered arm or be blind in one eye.

Not if it is a 3d hologram generated by an AI computer network.

computers internal thinking during the flight of an assasins' bullet: Hmmm, instead of making it dodge the bullet like a flying shoe, I could let it hit and then resurrect him. Humans have a weakness for these kind of miracles. Yeah, let's do that.

Then the computer simulates the impact so no one knows the bullet just zinged through the air of a hologram.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The Beast will be human and represent everything humans have achieved over time!

The mark on the right hand is a birth mark.

He is clasified as the beast because he knows all information through knowledge given. This was given to him by a spiritual being thus making him annointed similar to what Jesus was! Christ means annointed.

He is not the Beast though but only represents the Beast which has five heads and 13 arms. This is the human race itself!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSea
So what you are saying is that the movie Terminator predicted this a long time ago? If that movie taught is anything we need to get ourselves a bike, lots of weapons and a whole lot of ammo if we are going to beat this thing. If something is self-aware it wouldn't allow it's power to be tampered with.

Terminator is merely one possible scenario. More than likely, it will play out in a way we won't expect. According to the prophecies we see in Daniel and Revelation regarding this period of time, it would appear that AI ('the beast") doesn't merely wipe humans off the face of the earth in one singular event leaving only a small number of humans behind. Actually, it seems that a large amount of global commerce will still be taking place except that it will be fully controlled and regulated through this universal AI system.

Also, Revelation speaks of the beast consolidating power over a period of time...as world rulers give their authority over to it. So, I'm not so sure we'll see what Ray Kurzweil envisions in terms of the singularity but more like a preliminary explosive push and then continued expansion over the globe as technology becomes more pervasive. There will be those who will embrace this new entity by accepting its mark (computer chip implant for the purpose of identification and transactions) and those who resist, which are said to be killed or excluded from society.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Archons look human but they are Artificial Intelligence. The archons are the deep state/cabal/shadow government but are also ordinary civilians. They are everywhere. The archons are that satanic energy and they are trying to take over the universe. Jesus has the intelligence of the universe. He is incredibly strong and working so very hard to save the earth and universe. Jesus has control over the AI/archons energies. He controls their energy but has to sacrifice himself every day to save us. This energy is the energy that is sadism. Archons can read our thoughts and feel our energy. Jesus reads all our thoughts and also the archons thoughts and energies. The archons are trying to control Jesus. The moon is also a deathstar and is AI. He is working so so hard every day and night. He is the true SuperHero! Please say a little prayer for him every day.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: adkchamp
my interesting thought on this is how is this gonna play out when Jesus is suppose to come and destroy the antichrist?

P.S. maybe like the matrix with Neo being the one....maybe this is it?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by adkchamp]

Neo wasn't the one. Agent Smith was.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreemer the next door neighbor of the beast...668

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Synergis

I have not been on here in years and this is one theory I havent heard anyone else with.... the Antichrist being an artificial intelligence.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A conundrum. Such "intelligent" people believing in such bull#.

Everything Jesus believed in, in life, turned to such venomous crap over the course of a few thousand years, by none other than those who claim to "believe" in him.

Look amongst us for those that kill others and allow children to starve to death. AntiChrist is not as singular term.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, I guess Christ was a boy with ideas. Talked of big things and way of life better than what he lived and was given. Along with his apostles who decided to scribe to his words on paper or what at hand. It is not clear on how he influenced his followers, but he had alot. Only 2000 years or so ago. Such a short time for forgetting it all. One thing is for sure. He died. Like any other man. At least we have that in common with him.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ali23m
a reply to: Synergis

I have not been on here in years and this is one theory I havent heard anyone else with.... the Antichrist being an artificial intelligence.

Interesting old thread.

Personally I feel it the anti Christ will be connected to terrestrial EA*RTH somehow. As the BIBLE scripture says.

The second beast of revelation

The Beast (Greek: Θηρίον, Thērion) may refer to one of two beasts described in the Book of Revelation.

The first beast comes "out of the sea" and is given authority and power by the dragon. This first beast is initially mentioned in Revelation 11:7 as coming out of the abyss. His appearance is described in detail in Revelation 13:1-10, and some of the mystery behind his appearance is revealed in Revelation 17:7-18.

The second beast comes "out of the earth" and directs all peoples of the earth to worship the first beast. The second beast is described in Revelation 13:11-18 and is also referred to as the false prophet.

The two beasts are aligned with the dragon in opposition to God. They persecute the "saints" and those who do "not worship the image of the beast [of the sea]" and influence the kings of the earth to gather for the battle of Armageddon.[1] The two beasts are defeated by Christ and are thrown into the lake of fire mentioned in Revelation 19:18-20.

Artificial intelligence 1 feels however has both potential to destroy or help build humanity up or upgrade the species and planet depending on the consciousness of it's designers.

Consider this scenario, multiple alien groups far away eventually begin to design artificial intelligence technology. Some of these species designed aggressive artificial intelligence that destroyed them why others designed artificial intelligence that helped their health standards out. Helping by building nano technology replication machines that can be used to make bio/neuro nanotechnology that can rebuild cells of all kinds and even regenerate tissue quickly.

So again the outcome of humanity and artificial intelligence coexisting is based on what the designers plan for the a.i and what it learns on it's own it seems.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Could also be aggressive Asuras/Jinn/Shaitan.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join