It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you sleep a lot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i sleep a LOT. i usually get in bed for the night about 7pm and wake up at about 9-10am the next day. i don't have anything to consume my time so i figure i might as well sleep.

what about you?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I have a very rare, very serious form of chronic insomnia, so without drugs, I rarely get more than an hour of sleep per night.

I am not fond of people who have no trouble sleeping.....I think y'all are mutants or something.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Skeppy, my insomniac sister!!!!! Although mine is not as severe. I just don't like to sleep, takes up too much time, so many other things I could be doing, but, the doctor doesn't agree.

I try to get 3-4 hrs a night. Usually on the low side.

Rush

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I get between 5 - 7ish hours of sleep per night. It depensd though, and it Varies with whats going on in my life. Most of the time its around 6.

The week I missed my Iron Pills (I'm a Vegetarian) I slept SO much, like upwards of 11 hours of sleep. I NEVER sleep that much.

Iron, Ginsing, & Caffiene(in a pinch) helps to keep me from over sleeping.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, I need so much time to relax that there is not enough time to sleep....guess something is wrong, shouldn´t I better sleep AND relax at a time?:shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Even with medication, I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours of broken or unbroken sleep a night.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i couldn't handle it if i was only getting 3-4 hours per night. i would not be able to function. i need my sleep now

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I function best on 8 hours of sleep a night. I can't imagine sleeping for 15 hours straight though. Jeeper's! How do you do that?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Usually I sleep around 4 or 5 hours at the most...if I am lucky. On average though its 2-3 hours :w:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think i sleep around 6-8 hours a night, although i must add... since i began reading ATS a few years ago, i get alot less sleep!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
sleep?

love it but i don.t want to sleep my life away

i try to get at least 5-6 hours per night but usually i am in bed to late to manage it.

@carrot sometimes my iron level is so low that i can sleep while riding a bike.

a friend of mine spends some days completely in bed and won.t leave the room,
i am scared by that!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

7 hours usually.
Damn dogs are going to get me up anyway so I gave up on more than that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have to have 8 hours of sleep to function. I can run on less sleep every now-and-then, but just like thing fish I need my sleep.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All hail the mighty "Snooze Button".

I love a lie-in and enjoy the lucid dreams I can have when using the snooze function of my alarm clock.

I am definately a night owl, 8 hours sleep is fine but I usually go to bed around 2 - 3am.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes, sleep is great. I get lots and lots of sleep, characteristic of plowing out in front of the tv and midday naps. I could live alseep, in fact. Almost.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I self medicate with alcohol to control my sleeping patterns - mainly because of the demanding hours I work, I'm a part time airline pilot but my main job is as a neurosurgeon specializing in budget paediatric surgeries. So as you can see, waking up to 3 bloody mary's makes my hands stop shaking.

Seriously I sleep in 4-5 hour blocks. But in the right circumstances I am good at 'power napping' - but god help the inconsiderate person who wakes me for something stupid - the other week my co-pilot had the nerve to wake me asking if I was in a 'fit state' to fly... I ask you, kids today ... :shk: hic.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Considering it's almost 3AM here, you figure it out.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
At best it will take me an hour to get to sleep, thats too rare, so most night's I lie there for 3 or more hours (if I bother with it nowadays) but once I am asleep I ain't waking up for no-body.

I always wondered if I had some form of insomnia but the fact that once I get to sleep i'm out cold I'm not too sure.

Just for example, a few of my old jobs had me up at 4am to 5am and even when I feel so tired I would just lie in bed till about 2-3 and be up at 4-5 again next day, It would mess me up so bad.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I'd like you to operate on me after a few bloody marys....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Most days I get to sleep about 3-6 hours, but I definitely don't like it. So on weekends I tend to splurge, and go for 11 hour marathons
. Hell, I've always wanted to see exactly how long I could sleep for if I stretched the limit, but real life always intervened, so the current record is set at 15 hours.

So...yeah...juggling work and sleep, the internet is my only social life

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join