It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you sleep a lot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i sleep a LOT. i usually get in bed for the night about 7pm and wake up at about 9-10am the next day. i don't have anything to consume my time so i figure i might as well sleep.

what about you?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I have a very rare, very serious form of chronic insomnia, so without drugs, I rarely get more than an hour of sleep per night.

I am not fond of people who have no trouble sleeping.....I think y'all are mutants or something.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Skeppy, my insomniac sister!!!!! Although mine is not as severe. I just don't like to sleep, takes up too much time, so many other things I could be doing, but, the doctor doesn't agree.

I try to get 3-4 hrs a night. Usually on the low side.

Rush

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I get between 5 - 7ish hours of sleep per night. It depensd though, and it Varies with whats going on in my life. Most of the time its around 6.

The week I missed my Iron Pills (I'm a Vegetarian) I slept SO much, like upwards of 11 hours of sleep. I NEVER sleep that much.

Iron, Ginsing, & Caffiene(in a pinch) helps to keep me from over sleeping.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, I need so much time to relax that there is not enough time to sleep....guess something is wrong, shouldn´t I better sleep AND relax at a time?:shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Even with medication, I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours of broken or unbroken sleep a night.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i couldn't handle it if i was only getting 3-4 hours per night. i would not be able to function. i need my sleep now

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I function best on 8 hours of sleep a night. I can't imagine sleeping for 15 hours straight though. Jeeper's! How do you do that?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Usually I sleep around 4 or 5 hours at the most...if I am lucky. On average though its 2-3 hours :w:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think i sleep around 6-8 hours a night, although i must add... since i began reading ATS a few years ago, i get alot less sleep!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
sleep?

love it but i don.t want to sleep my life away

i try to get at least 5-6 hours per night but usually i am in bed to late to manage it.

@carrot sometimes my iron level is so low that i can sleep while riding a bike.

a friend of mine spends some days completely in bed and won.t leave the room,
i am scared by that!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

7 hours usually.
Damn dogs are going to get me up anyway so I gave up on more than that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have to have 8 hours of sleep to function. I can run on less sleep every now-and-then, but just like thing fish I need my sleep.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All hail the mighty "Snooze Button".

I love a lie-in and enjoy the lucid dreams I can have when using the snooze function of my alarm clock.

I am definately a night owl, 8 hours sleep is fine but I usually go to bed around 2 - 3am.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes, sleep is great. I get lots and lots of sleep, characteristic of plowing out in front of the tv and midday naps. I could live alseep, in fact. Almost.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I self medicate with alcohol to control my sleeping patterns - mainly because of the demanding hours I work, I'm a part time airline pilot but my main job is as a neurosurgeon specializing in budget paediatric surgeries. So as you can see, waking up to 3 bloody mary's makes my hands stop shaking.

Seriously I sleep in 4-5 hour blocks. But in the right circumstances I am good at 'power napping' - but god help the inconsiderate person who wakes me for something stupid - the other week my co-pilot had the nerve to wake me asking if I was in a 'fit state' to fly... I ask you, kids today ... :shk: hic.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Considering it's almost 3AM here, you figure it out.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
At best it will take me an hour to get to sleep, thats too rare, so most night's I lie there for 3 or more hours (if I bother with it nowadays) but once I am asleep I ain't waking up for no-body.

I always wondered if I had some form of insomnia but the fact that once I get to sleep i'm out cold I'm not too sure.

Just for example, a few of my old jobs had me up at 4am to 5am and even when I feel so tired I would just lie in bed till about 2-3 and be up at 4-5 again next day, It would mess me up so bad.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I'd like you to operate on me after a few bloody marys....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Most days I get to sleep about 3-6 hours, but I definitely don't like it. So on weekends I tend to splurge, and go for 11 hour marathons
. Hell, I've always wanted to see exactly how long I could sleep for if I stretched the limit, but real life always intervened, so the current record is set at 15 hours.

So...yeah...juggling work and sleep, the internet is my only social life

top topics

<<   2 >>

join