It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you sleep a lot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Anywhere from 5-8 hours, and I'll have the odd night where I can only sleep for 3-4 hours, or 15-18 hours.

I work with a guy whos an insomniac, he gets anywhere from 2-4 hours of sleep a night, and he can function perfectly. But then he has the odd night where he sleeps for 6-8 hours, and he wakes up completely drained!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I recently read somewhere that before the invention of the electric light bulb, people everywhere averaged 10 hours of sleep each night.

For those with erratic work schedules that interfere with your ability to get a good sleep afterwards, consider taking a melatonin supplement. It should help, and is available in natural food stores in the supplement section.

If you routinely get more than 10 hours sleep a night, get a medical check-out. Correctible conditions like hypothyroidism, or even mild depression, can contribute to frequent oversleeping, and these types of evaluations and treatments are not terribly expensive. Hang in there.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I sleep about 8 hours a night. I am fortunate enough to work at home so I don't have to get up early and commute, which means I wake up naturally.

But op, if you are sleeping 14 hours a night because you "don't have anything else to do" that sounds like depression.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am a working adult 31 years old and I need to sleep A LOT to feel ok. 8hrs is not enough for me. The times I feel good when I wake up is when I sleep 10-11hrs. Unfortunatley, I can't sleep that much every day as I have to work, go to school, etc...I would NEVER be able to sleep only 4-6hrs and feel fine. HELP! I am not obese either..nor depressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join