It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.C. ACORN Proposes Stricter Ammunition Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

N.C. ACORN Proposes Stricter Ammunition Laws

durhamcounty.mync.co m

The grassroots community organization, ACORN, is fighting for a new law it says will save lives.

"Stop the Bullet" is a campaign that would make it harder for felons to buy ammunition from stores.

When you buy a gun, gun shops have to run a background check first to make sure you're not a convicted felon.

Although it is also illegal for convicted felons to buy bullets, a background check is not required. As it stands now, gun shops aren't required to ask any questions before selling bullet
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ACORN is after the gun-owner.

The best is that the thing they're are so against is already illegal. Dont enforce existing laws. That would make too much sense. Instead create more and more ridiculous ones until everyone is affected.

"We have to make it clear we are not talking about gun control, we're talking about bullets," said Durham City Council Member Howard Clement III.

I still dont know if those who spout this crap actually believe the nonsense coming out of their mouths or if they just assume enough of the population to support their causes are so slow and stupid they cant add two and two.

durhamcounty.mync.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's already started and it's not even 20 JAN 09 yet. *Snip* organizations like ACORN and the ACLU should be outlawed because they are so against the Constitution.

A nation can only have so much freedom and the freedom to take away my rights aren't going to go over very well with me and millions of others who believe the same.

Mod Edit: DO NOT use Profanity. Please Review Our Terms And Conditions

[edit on 5-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I guess these guys aren't smart enough to know that you can make your own bullets - not just buy them in stores.

Wow. And it begins.

====
Mod Edit: large quote removed, 'reply to' linked

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The morons of ACORN clearly need something to do until the next big election. If they really want to stay busy they should hand out razors and deodorant to the folks at Code Pink.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It began a while ago and was sealed in certainty when the author of the AWB was chosen to be VP. The Brady Bunch is all a flutter.

And the N.R.A.’s poor showing was not just a single isolated event. A useful election analysis prepared by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence shows that its 2006 campaign effort also was a big flop.

We hope the trend continues. To fight crime and keep Americans safe, this country needs sound gun-control laws. To pass those laws as president, Mr. Obama will need strong Congressional support. Source

The absolute least I could hope for is for all the duped who went on claiming nothing will change and there will be no AWB and blah, blah, blah will own up and eat the crow when the time comes but I'm sure they won't.

Hell, if we get out of this Obama mess with laws unchanged I'll gladly and happily admit I was wrong and eat a crow buffet. It would be the best meal of my life.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Honestly I can't say it is too bad of an idea if it were implemented right. I am a firm believer in keeping firearms out of criminals hands.

I think the way they should do it has to be done without records of who buys what or even a background check.

Wouldn't it be simple just to have your drivers liscense marked as a felon and then just require ID checks to buy ammo?

By doing it this way you can maintain your privacy and not involve expensive background checks.

Real simple no ID no ammo.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Didnt a few of our lawmakers try to get a pile of cash for ACORN in the bailout package?

To go from faking voter registrations, to creating more useless and restrictive laws on people who obey the law. Heres a thought, enforce the laws on the books. I know that may be too simple for these people to understand.

However, on a different note, I certainly know of one way these people could "Stop the Bullet"

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

First, criminals arent known to practice or go to the range. A single box of ammo could last the typical petty thugs entire career.

Marking an ID? I guess if a felon had one and I guess if it was legitimate that would work. Then the criminal, on his way to rob someone at gun point with his illegal firearm, would have to stop off at the local Dicks and present his legal ID to buy the ammo he cannot legally have to commit his crime. Makes sense to me.

We just need the lawless to abide by a few key laws then we can prevent them from breaking other laws.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Most states already have an agbe requirement to buy ammunition. Some places won't sell you handgun ammunition if you don't possess a firearms permit or owners permit and, or are 21 yrs of age. Why ACORN should be trying to impose laws is beyond me. Sounds lore like 'make work' for the Obama camp and its lackeys!
Zindo

new topics

top topics

join