It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can understand why the cops didn't want the two sons to rescue their drowning dad, to prevent further loss of life. but to use the taser in this instance is just cowardly and pathetic of the cops. whats the matter you chicken s's too afraid to get a scratch in the line of duty. use your damned brains cops. you are big strong trained men. you and your stooge buddy can restrain and handcuff two 18 year old boys without a taser. you know like how cops used to be able to handle these situations a little more thoughtfully in the past.

funny I've seen the FD stop an enraged son who just watched his mother and father die in a car accident from some crazy cab driver running a red light without even having to resort to a taser or even handcuffs. and he was charging the cab driver with murder in his eyes.

cummon you f tards. think a little. if fire men can do it right so can you LEO's

just pathetic. really it's pathetic. the average man on the street can use more sense than those cops and diffuse the situation with more tact. really pathetic excuse for public service officers.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is normal. This event. It happens all the time..... events like this will continue to happen until YOU get tired of it and put an end to it.

Do you not understand yet?

All tyranny needs to THRIVE is for the common man to do nothing.

Aren't you tired of news like this? Has it not become a very well and clearly defined pattern? Does this pattern not represent a problem?

Is it acceptable to you that events of this kind of nature has become normal???

This is the norm. Think about it. Is that ok with you or do you think you should do something about it?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by titorite]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Who is in charge of these out of control cops, a badge and a gun does not give you the right to act like an ass. How are these actions "to serve and protect"

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow, thats pathetic. What else is new.

I tell you what, with all of these bad occurences going on, giving cops, military personell, government officials, etc... you would think someone would have the right mind to go out to the public, like the ACTUAL PUBLIC and write an article about it or place on a respected news program.

Title: WORLDY BIZZARE CASES OF HUMAN TREATMENT, STUPID MEN AND WOMEN, AND HOW OJ SIMPSON WASN'T CHARGED FOR HIS WIFE, BUT FROM BEATING UP A FEW BRUISED GUYS.

I mean seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's bad enough that those boys witnessed their father die in the surf, but these officers added a heavy layer to the psychological trauma they will suffer from this event.

It appears that an officer who was emotionally unable to tolerate the son’s expressions of concern about his father dying in the surf started the physical altercation. That officer committed a criminal assault against the son. He should be charged with that crime and taken to trial, the same as the son would have been charged if he had assualted an officer.

If the officer was so emotionally immature that his only available response was to criminally assault one of the sons, then he should have been removed from the scene by his compadres or his superiors who likely are well aware his propensity to assault citizens.

What do you think are the chances of the criminal police officer being properly charged with the crime he committed? Fat chance? Slim chance? Any chance? He'll get a pass because law enforcement doesn't police itself and considers it OK for officers to commit that sort of crime against a citizen. The officer who tasered the boy should be charged with criminal assault, jack-booted fazcist nazi pig that he is! He deserves no less than 30 administrations of the taser upon his insensitive brutal psyche.

Those two officers probably pulled the wings off of flies as children and now beat their wives, kids, and pets. How do these dregs of humanity find their way into positions of authority?

Sorry for the rant. That and the posts on this thread which condone and approve of these officers' treatment of those boys is too outrageous to stomach without a verbal vomit.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by dubiousone]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After watching the video I am siding with the boys.

They looked able and were definitely willing to attempt a rescue. The water wasn't that choppy at all. Then the swine start to get physical and go straight for the taser, typically inadequate.

[edit on 8/12/08 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe we should have less "cops" and more trained rescuers. We have all these cops roaming the street looking for things to cite us for or fine us or some other waste of time. Maybe we should spend the money that we pay these wastes of flesh with on "helpers". It would be their job to run around and help citizens with stuff. Hell, with all the money we pay law enforcement we could probably just pay off all the poor criminals so they wouldn't have to resort to crime to pay for their lives. I'm sort of kidding about that but I'm a little bit serious. I don't need cops out there kicking down marijuana growers doors and arresting them. I'd rather susidize the pot growers.

My point is I don't want my tax dollars going to pay these paramilitary idiots roaming the streets looking for some minor infraction to tackle and handcuff someone for. If a kidnapping, theft or murder isn't involved then we don't need armed idiots there. We should have better public servants, less thugs, more hugs.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
When such an event happens it is best to stay calm. Only with a calm mindset can the best case seneriou be logically planned for and excicuted. The idiot son was mostlikely being a pain in the butt trying to jump in the water.

The idiot son jumping in the water would put TWO people in the reach of death and increase the chances that both would die.

The police, who's job it is to keep people calm, while the proper forces arive to take care of business, mostlikely saved the idiot son's life by tasering him.

You people with your over active imaginations as to police state BS should be tasered for your own good too.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
When such an event happens it is best to stay calm. Only with a calm mindset can the best case seneriou be logically planned for and excicuted. The idiot son was mostlikely being a pain in the butt trying to jump in the water.

The idiot son jumping in the water would put TWO people in the reach of death and increase the chances that both would die.

The police, who's job it is to keep people calm, while the proper forces arive to take care of business, mostlikely saved the idiot son's life by tasering him.

You people with your over active imaginations as to police state BS should be tasered for your own good too.

Don't worry about it............We will be.

As for your post, I'm sure you left the cops very "setisfied"
.........I hope your jaw does not hurt in the morning.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
While the sons were understandably distraught, the police had to take action from anyone else having to be rescued or worse yet, a recovery effort being initiated.

Anyone with any sense can see how rough the surf is in the video. To allow anyone to go into this surf without proper training would be negligent homicide IMO.

While there are police that let the "badge of authority" go to their heads and the rest of the police force gets a bad rap for these individuals, I'm going to side with the police in this matter.

Ya as soon as I saw the surf in the video realized it would have been suicide for anyone to jump into that.

3 Surfers died back in October when I was on Maui on the day I told a friend of mine the surf was too much and to stay out. It wasn't even as bad as the surf in this video.

They were just upset and obviously had no idea what they would have gotten in to.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Honestly. You either need glasses or a few pointers on observing prevailing conditions.

No whitecaps = less than 18 knots of wind. IE it is not rough.

Watch the water breaking on the rocks 1min 01 sec.. The spray goes up and drifts almost straight back down = no wind.

No one on the cliff top appears to be sheltering from any kind of adverse condition.
No one's clothes are ruffling in the 'wind'.

If you think that's a rough sea!!,I dunno what to say.

The foam from the breakers barely stretches 60 metres.You'd be past it in less than a minute if you can swim.As anyone in 'emergency services' should,surely.

I need no pointers in observing the prevailing conditions.

I think you need to learn something about fluid dynamics.

Waves and rough waters are not only caused by wind. There are complicated calculus formulas that determine the roughness of waves and how they break.

Your one screenshot from the video only goes to disprove your theory of calm water. It shows a large amount of white water. The entire video shows much more of the same. No matter how shallow or deep or windy it is, white water = rough water.

From your statements I can tell you have never tried swimming 60 meters in rough water. I have done so on many occasions in full SCUBA gear and it is extremely difficult and tiring. Rescuers, even experienced rescue swimmers, without the proper equipment to swim in 52 degree rough water would certainly drown.

It was not a rescue operation at the point in the film, it was a recovery operation. The father was already long dead.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by craig732]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This video was shot 30 minutes after the 911 call.

The water in this area is about 50-50 degrees. That's very very cold. If the father was fully clothed, the weight of the clothing would tend to drag him down.

One of the articles that I read said that the father struggled in the water for a few minutes and then was seen face down.

So, basically, when the video was shot, this was a recovery effort.

If the kids wanted to try a rescue it would have had to be immediately after the father went into the water. They would have had to get down to the beach, strip down to their swim suits and attempt the rescue in 53degree water.

Jumping into water that temperature one can experience the Gasp Reflex. Read this article. The gasp reflex is involuntary.

I have experienced this a couple of times in open water swims. You just can't get your breath. It's pretty exciting if you experience it.

It also prevents most people from jumping into water like this and swimming with much effort.

The first responders were the rescue personnel. You have to be able to see a swimmer in order to rescue him/her. If you can't see them, you can't rescue them. The rescue people determined that a helicopter was needed. They probably couldn't see the dad any longer. (That's pure speculation on my part) The sons were getting abusive to the rescue personnel. The rescue personnel called the CHP.

The CHP show up and that's what was videoed. All you people who say that you would jump in and rescue your family, would have gone in immediately so you wouldn't have been prevented by the police. Most likely you'd also be dead.

I think that the police, in their heavy handed way, saved those boys lives. By the time the video was shot the father was dead.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Wildbob77]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It is unbelievable, just unbelievable, what a mechanical life-support machine modern society has become. This is the second incident that I have heard of in which a person is allowed to drown because the professional elites of society have deprived people of their sense of personal responsibility. People these days are so paralysed by the twisted bureaucratic rationality of modern society that they don't recognise their responsibility towards a fellow human being. In stead of realising their responsibility, people will idly wait for the "experts" to arrive. This is the state of the institutionalisation of everyday life in modern industrial mass society.

We have become mere cogs in an Orwellian bureaucracy-machine called society. In the other incident I mentioned a 10-year-old boy drowned in a pool while security personnel waited for the cops to arrive. When the authorities were inquired as to the purpose of this criminal inactivity, they replied that it would have been "inappropriate" for anyone else but an authorised professional to rescue the children. Inappropriate? To try to save children from drowning? That word symbolises the perverse hypocrisy of life in this society.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join