It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
How does everyone think the father would feel if his boys rescued him but they died in the water.?

Do you think maybe he would have sued the P.D.?
Spent the rest of his life wishing he had not outlived his boys?
ect.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Apparently you didn't watch the video.

The break is not visible in the video because they are on a cliff/rock wall very high above the water.

It is very clear in the video that the water was very rough, the surface is almost entirely whitecaps.

1, I think you are labouring under a misapprehension

2,The break is EXTREMELY visible throughout the video ( yeah it's above sea level, so?)

3,It is VERY clear that the water is FLAT AS A WITCHES BOOB past the breaking surf.

Honestly. You either need glasses or a few pointers on observing prevailing conditions.

No whitecaps = less than 18 knots of wind. IE it is not rough.

Watch the water breaking on the rocks 1min 01 sec.. The spray goes up and drifts almost straight back down = no wind.

No one on the cliff top appears to be sheltering from any kind of adverse condition.
No one's clothes are ruffling in the 'wind'.

If you think that's a rough sea!!,I dunno what to say.

The foam from the breakers barely stretches 60 metres.You'd be past it in less than a minute if you can swim.As anyone in 'emergency services' should,surely.

If I'd arrived there with a windsurfing rig,I'd have turned straight back around and gone home disappointed.

But these are just my own opinions based on watching the video,thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
No matter how it's dressed up, I simply can't find the headline "Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son" to be acceptable in any way.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Regardless what people say about the boys being right or wrong, in many countries people have the right to stop others when there actions are harmful to themselves or others, so i understand why the are stopped.
I still don't get why a cop must tazer a young man when there are 5+ colleges around ready to lend a hand....
You can't justify a cop for being trigger-happy.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
For the hysterical cop haters in this thread... did you guys even read the article? Watch the movie clip? Employ critical thinking? Use any part of your brain at all?

Or did you just read as far as "cops" and "taser" in the title and have a knee-jerk reaction?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by ben420]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Hello RCW,

I don't understand people any more? It is really scary to see responses like this one and have many people agree with it.

It is very sad to see people who do nothing but rant about how they love their free country and how free they are only to support the actions of oppression.

I know one thing if my father fell into the water like that I would risk my life to save him.

I would advise the people on this site that think the cops did the right thing to pleas tell their children and family members not to get to close to edges near the ocean because you will do nothing to save them if they fall in. Tell your little daughter that if something like that happened you would not jump in to save them, tell them you think it would be stupid to do so.

Ta!! Izarith.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
Hello RCW,

I don't understand people any more? It is really scary to see responses like this one and have many people agree with it.

Scary to see people that employ critical thinking huh? I guess using your brain can be a scary thing to some people...

It is very sad to see people who do nothing but rant about how they love their free country and how free they are only to support the actions of oppression.

I am not American, nor do I love my country, nor do I support the acts of oppression.

I know one thing if my father fell into the water like that I would risk my life to save him.

As would most people posting in this thread, me included. Would you like a cookie?

If that were my dad, I would literally try to choke the life out of any cops that tried to get in my way. I would probably never be able to forgive the cops after.

But what I wouldn't be able to realize because I'm drowning in grief and anger is that the cops saved my life, saved me from making a fruitless and suicidal move.

I would advise the people on this site that think the cops did the right thing to pleas tell their children and family members not to get to close to edges near the ocean because you will do nothing to save them if they fall in. Tell your little daughter that if something like that happened you would not jump in to save them, tell them you think it would be stupid to do so.

You disgust me. Thats all the words I have for you. People like you need to learn that the world is not black and white.

Good day to you.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Yes this one is tough DD. The father fell into some pretty nasty water...and there is NO DOUBT that if his sons were allowed to jump in and TRY to save him all 3 would now be missing and most likely dead. I hope the sons are alright and its a shame 2 boys lost their father....but when they take a breath realize that the cops saved their lives.

Of course people won't think of it that way...people have ZERO common sense and will jump to judgment. All I can say is the rescue teams from California and the Coast Guard have put their lives on the line MANY times to save people and made some pretty daring rescues...so if they were having a hard time getting to the father then the risk was VERY high...of course on an Alex Jones website that scumbag will say police/rescue people did nothing but abuse the sons. Thats the pathetic part to this entire story....he really should try telling the truth or reporting reality...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by rcwj75]

Hello RCW,

How can say that?!?!

Did you see the video? Did you read the article?

The sons father was dieing!! he was drowning and needed help!!

They were frightened for their father!!

And the cops get pissed that they were swearing so they tase one not once but twice!!

And you applaud the action of the cop's as if they were heroes for saving the sons life?

You know full well the cops were acting absurd they could have stopped the boys may ways but they chose to tase one of them again not one but twice.

You scare me SR. I honestly mean that people like you are a danger to the role of public service because you pervert it.

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Amen to that Izarith! If I saw a complete stranger drowning I would gladly jump in to save him/her because I feel that it is my duty as a human being and because I'm a competent enough swimer to get the job done. If it was a family member there is nothing that would stop me from attempting a rescue and I would gladly give my life in an attempt to save them from fire, water, or anything else. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try to save them. The officers are incompetent and have no business in that line of work.

Eric

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Hello Ben,

Is suicide agents the law in your country like it is in America?

Do you know what a sacrifice is? It is your Double-damned given right to risk you life to save that of a loved one.

And as for critical thinking you should employ it in this situation. The subject is not if the sons were saved from drowning in an attempt to save their father. It is if the cops used unnecessary measures to do it.

Would you feel the same if the sons were shot in the their legs with guns to stop them from jumping to save their father? I imagine not right?

All I am saying is that you and people who think like you have a very low standard for the measures applicable to that situation by servants of the public.

And I am sorry for disgusting you, I tend to have that affect on tyrannical people.

You have a good one too.

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

If you would have read my first post in this thread, you would have discovered that I thought the use of the taser was unnecessary and uncalled for. Here, I'll even help you out.

Originally posted by ben420

Yes this one is tough DD. The father fell into some pretty nasty water...and there is NO DOUBT that if his sons were allowed to jump in and TRY to save him all 3 would now be missing and most likely dead. I hope the sons are alright and its a shame 2 boys lost their father....but when they take a breath realize that the cops saved their lives.

Of course people won't think of it that way...people have ZERO common sense and will jump to judgment. All I can say is the rescue teams from California and the Coast Guard have put their lives on the line MANY times to save people and made some pretty daring rescues...so if they were having a hard time getting to the father then the risk was VERY high...of course on an Alex Jones website that scumbag will say police/rescue people did nothing but abuse the sons. Thats the pathetic part to this entire story....he really should try telling the truth or reporting reality...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by rcwj75]

I usually disagree with a lot of your posts, but right now I think you're spot on. It's a terrible situation that could have been magnified had the two sons not been restrained.

Although I do think the taser was uncalled for, cops nowadays seem to be using those things left, right, and centre.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Striker, Cops don't have brains, they are nothing more than a bunch of knuckle dragging morons who now how to kill and hurt but not how to think or act bravely.

I'll be the first to admit that some cops are quite stupid and have some kind of inferiority complex, but to paint all cops with the same brush is immature.

I have encountered several awesome cops that actually want to protect and serve, not intimidate and bully. Theres bad apples in every crop.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by ben420]

There needs to be a head shaking emoticon for this site

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Hello Ben,

You are right I should have read your posts.

But I just can't accept the lack of outrage people have towards the actions law enforcement uses now of days.

Think to the past Ben I'm sure there was a time that if you can across a video like this it would not have been two boys worried about their father. it would have been some criminal trying to fight the cops.

Every one in those days was all for tasing people just like they are today. But the thing is it's not criminals any more its students at universities trying to use free speech, women, and sons of a drowned father.

This stuff has to stop yesterday!!

I'm sorry for the way I approached this thread but to me the tasing was a lot more than just uncalled for. It was a marker for how far down the despotic chain we as a people have perspectively fallen.

So yes i agree we do definitely need a shake head thingy.

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok..I will comment once more about this. People on this site tend to lose complete focus of reality and MANY do not research the actual situation before posting and spewing utter crap.

Before you post on a topic like this you need to read ALL of the story(s). You need to look at time lines, need to look at so many factors that help you see the actual picture. When you base your reaction off one title from an ALEX JONES article its no wonder you sound like your losing your mind. So many FACTS..KEY word right there...FACTS were left out of his article that its disgusting. Situations like this CANNOT be explained in quick manner..and to not see that MANY resources were being used to FIND and save the father (choppers, jet skies, boats, etc) you are completly blinded by nothing more then pre exsisting hate for cops....that can be the only possible explanation for not seeing the truth in all this.

As for the MANY posters ticked off at the police for NOT letting the sons jump into the water to try and save their father. Lets look at this from a realistic point of view:

1. The sons had their chance to get in the water and attempt a rescue as soon as the incident occured. They did not, why I do not know..only they do. The time spent waiting on the police responce IS NOT the fault of the police. We can't magically appear to be right there...it would be nice..but then REALITY sets in: traffic, other emergancies, etc...

2. Due to natural responce time, the decision by the sons to not go in right away meant that dad was under water that entire time. It means finding him was ALOT harder, getting to him even harder. Blame the cops all you want...they were on scene with resources as fast as they could be...and just because they weren't foolish enough to just jump in...doesn't make the rescue effort any less. I HIGHLY doubt this was the first time they dealt with a drowing victim...so who knows best about that area and the difficulty of it all...YOU behind your computer talkin crap..or people who have been there and actually done that?????????

3. This is definitly for the posters who think the police should have allowed the sons to jump into the water WELL after the incident occured and these two kids had NO CLUE where their father was..let alone had the ability to get to him. Lets just say we as police DO allow you to jump in and go for the save...and while in the water YOU become tired and now YOU need help. So your decision is now costing us two fold. We now have to commit more rescuers because you thought you knew best.

You guys know we as law enforcement cannot let people risk their lives in a situation like this. If you truly think we should just step aside and let them go for it then fine...but I promise promise promise you one thing...if those two boys were allowed to jump in and they died...YOU would blame the police yet again. The lawsuits would be unreal and you would demand the cops be held accountable. The bottom line is you haters are never happy, but sadly your also not smart enough to use logic, common sense, or rational thinking. You never see the WHOLE picture...and this isn't hollywood...the endings are NOT always heroic...because we don't have double takes, stuntmen, or the ability to control the surroundings!!!

You wanna hate on cops, you wanna talk smack, you wanna kill us, you wanna do this and that....tell you what..SOLVE THE PROBLEM YOU SAY EXSISTS....go to your local police station or sheriff's office...fill out an application...get a job as a LEO....see what we see, deal with what we deal with, put yourself in OUR shoes and situation...don't talk about how you WOULD do it...shut up and DO IT!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

yup, they are nothin but legal gangsters, the strongest mafia in this country. too bad they are protected by the law, because we sure are not. its all good though, these pigs and all others who disrespect humanity will get theirs soon enough. We as americans need to uphold the american spirit and fight this injustice, I for one am gonna start makin them pay, with their lives.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
NONSENSE!! " Unless you bcome one of us then you have no rights"...typical pig slop.People who join find out very fast that the thug cops are a fraternity and that they will not tell the truth or ' witness' any actions by a fellow pig that are illegal.Why should WE become one of YOU? YOU ned to become a citizen again and get off the high horse you place yourselves on, you coppers.

The people of this nation have seen too much pig abuse of the citizens on cop shows ...they see the illegal searches and consent harrassment and tricks..and assume it is OK. It is not! Not until the cops are once again servants will they get any slack from me. Every cop breaks the law..every day. That is fact. Every cop on the streets LIES like a filthy dog all day long...misadvising people as to what the law says..so the people can be treated with less and less respect.Sickening.

Cop worship has to stop. It is a sign of a very sick society when the cops become bullies and shouting morons at every traffic stop. And now stopping sons from saving a dad....there is NO depth too deep for a cop...none. They have no shame and no feelings when it comes to US...just them. They call us ' civilians' and are happy to demean and harrass us, and lie all the time. Some professionals.

Some day, and I look forward to it...cops will be too concerned with keeping their heads on to harrass people for no reason, as they do now. If the cost becomes too high the pigs will stick to serious crimes, as they should, and leave the people alone for the most part. No more drug arrests, no more gambling arrests, no more hookers in jail....freedom!! Total freedom!! only when someone is violent should the cops be involved at all...unless they can recover stolen property, which is the least of their worries as they munch donuts and take bribes..cops are scum for the most part and the few that are human get fed up and quit soon...the system is rotten and we all know it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ok..I will comment once more about this. People on this site tend to lose complete focus of reality and MANY do not research the actual situation before posting and spewing utter crap.

Hello RCW,

Every one has lost focus Even you.

You and Ben and Every one else uses words like common sense and critical thinking insinuating that our supposed lack of it distorts our view of that particular situation making it wrong or incorrect and yours right and virtuous.

You keep saying that the boys this and the boys that. That if this happened or if they would have done this. That if we don't like it why not try it.

I am not a cop Sr. and it will never be my intention to be one. What I am is a human being who does use common sense and critical thinking.

And by doing so I have come to the conclusion that there is something terribly wrong with Law enforcement in the US.

Yes the streets are clean and violence is not as bad as other countries but your prisons are ripping at the seams and you can't put enough people away fast enough.

You RCW have to choose if you for the people or are there to make them follow the law. One is a cop the other is a machine.

What happened to those boys was cruel and you know it, stop trying to justify it. There were a million ways to retain them but the ones they used to do so were wrong. I don't have to be a double-damned cop to know that!!!

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

America is weaker then ever, morals, values, and behavior is at an all time low....Well I am happy that the social decay of society atleast has a spokesman...

Never once have I said ALL cops were good, just like the citizens of this country...there is scum everywhere. Maybe if you focused on cleaning up YOURSELF (just read your posts) THEN you can start worrying about others...

A man with dirty hands will not keep a white towel clean....wash your hands first eyewitness..then preach.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Simple questions....answer please!

Cops step aside, boys jump into the water 30 minutes AFTER they first could have to save dad. Boys drown and die..whos fault is it?

Also, cops allow boys to jump in and they drown...is ANYONE including the mother allowed to sue the department for letting her sons drown? Or since THEY wanted to...they should be allowed to die without any liability to anyone else right?

then why are people so hell bent on stopping people from killing themselves with guns, or cutting their wrists...should we allow that too? And if so remember...WHO is responsible Izarith???????

EDIT TO ADD: Its easy to want want want...but when you get it...are you willing to accept it and say I ASKED FOR THIS?

[edit on 12/6/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Izarith

Simple questions....answer please!

Cops step aside, boys jump into the water 30 minutes AFTER they first could have to save dad. Boys drown and die..whos fault is it?

Also, cops allow boys to jump in and they drown...is ANYONE including the mother allowed to sue the department for letting her sons drown? Or since THEY wanted to...they should be allowed to die without any liability to anyone else right?

then why are people so hell bent on stopping people from killing themselves with guns, or cutting their wrists...should we allow that too? And if so remember...WHO is responsible Izarith???????

EDIT TO ADD: Its easy to want want want...but when you get it...are you willing to accept it and say I ASKED FOR THIS?

Hello RCW,

!.) Thats life people die in life. But there would be people who would blame the sons others the cops. And you can bet one might even blame the DAD.

2.) Thats up to the Law book you know that. But I will say that according to the Law if the sons (looked old enough to be of age) Jumped of their own will there would be nothing the mother could sue over, but she could try. But my personal opinion if the sons want to jump it up to them no liability to anyone els. On another note because of the Law and what the cops did the mother as of that moment with video as evidence will get a lot of cash in a settlement, You know that also.

3.) I live in Mexico Sr Tijuana to be exact so I know first had what you are talking about. In my country I have to rely 100% on myself both criminals and cops are the same. That being said I have to say I have much more respect and feel safer around Mexican cops. I know you have heard stories about Mexican cops but have you ever seen on video or anywhere a cop kill, tase, or beat people in Mexico? A Mexican cop can blow my brains out like it was nothing thats the power they have but still every one of them I come in contact with treats me like a human being and I feel safe around them. Because they fear the people of Mexico. And I don't want the same to happen the the cops in the US.

4. and last question) I already have it. Freedom is an ugly thing RCW but some of us can't live with out it. So yes I accept it. But I will say that everything that is happening in the US right now The people of America have asked for. But as For you RCW IF you want to be a good Cop don't talk for the bad ones or one day you will wake up being a bad one.

But I know one thing something will give if people keep pushing so everyone will have to ask.......DID I ask for this???

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
No matter how it's dressed up, I simply can't find the headline "Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son" to be acceptable in any way.

It's just blatantly true. Not sugar coated to help the populace digest it. Or it was posted by a cop hater. Either way it is the actual truth and #.. the OP just called it like he saw it, Don't Tase Me Bro! Was funny, but this is just TOO much? Gimmie a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join