It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Leary firefighters show to tackle 9/11 conspiracy theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Dennis Leary firefighters show to tackle 9/11 conspiracy theories

rawstory.com

Dennis Leary, famous for his biting, sarcastic comedy and his religious chain smoking, revealed to a fan at a Los Angeles book signing that his critically acclaimed FX show "Rescue Me" about NYC firefighters will tackle 9/11 conspiracy theories in the coming season.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well it's hard to know exactly what Denis Leary thinks about 9/11 but I guess after looking at the video I would guess he is somewhat skeptical.

Daniel Sunjata his co-star on the show "Rescue Me" is a 9/11 truther so I am very curious to know what the shows view will be on 9/11 truth. Daniel Sunjata is very sincere in his support of 9/11 truth so I find it hard to believe he would be part of a debunker program but who knows????

Personally I have never liked Denis Leary but to each their own. Let's hope 9/11 truth gets a fair shake!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here is the video from Prison Planet:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Why did Denis Leary feel like he needed to muscle the truthers?? Did that girl scare him or what?? Man that guys ego is off the scale! Gimme a break!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is a huge step forward, IMO. Even if they make the truthers look like total nutjobs, the MSM is actually aknowledging that people DO question what happened.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Leary looks like an egomaniac because he doesnt agree with others about 9/11? SO what? It was his book signing. He can do whatever he wants. It obviously hit a nerve with him as he personally knows firemen who obviously dont buy the conspiracy theory angle.

And judging by the reaction of the guy with the camera at the end, their purpose was to rile him up. I think leary handled it well, whether you agree with him or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I like Leary. This is the one and only show I have followed since its beginnings and in the last 2 years, has been THE only television I watch other than VERY occasionally the news or documentaries.

I think the problem that others have with him that they describe as egotistical is that he portrays life in all its ugliness. He doesn't hold back.

While I don't believe in all these fantastical conspiracy theories, no doubt there is a conspiracy that is there. Things happened as we viewed them, but the events leading up to that are what ppl should be focusing on. It has been affecting our world for longer than most even care to see and it will be affecting it in even greater ways here soon.

I seriously doubt though that the actual truth of those events will be touched on as the subject is quite taboo here in America.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Look Leary is a personally acknowledged egomaniac! Watch the video and let me know if you would have called in security on these two truthers. C'mon bk he asked a simple question and he got the muscle treatment look at the facts!

You are a JFK conspiracy follower right and you doubt 9/11??

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Assuming you are referring to me lol, where did you get the idea that I supported the conspiracies surrounding JFK's assasination? I have not stated that even once and it has little to do with the topic at hand.

I view Leary differently than you do. Does that really upset you?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
when I lived in the USA I would watch the show everytime it was on.. since moving to canada I havent been able to find the episodes all they have are 10 minute 'minisodes'. Its a bummer...if anyone from canada knows where to watch the shows, or if its buried on Tv on some random channel please message me or reply to this. thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
oh please... some of these "truthers " are total nut jobs that come up with the craziest weirdo conspiracies that make schizophrenics look actually sane. He had no problem answering her questions at all. It appears they "on the set" converse about it often. Until camera man starts to debate and get into it in an attacking manner of questioning everybody is cool with the topic. It looked like he was about to explain why he isn't the best to talk about it with. I believe he has friends who are better suited to answer questions because he probably hasn't heard enough of the "theories" . Keep a simple discussion simple and move on and all would be well. Set a sting of demanding questions until you are thrown out makes a better story to tell. "truthers" please these goofs could work on fox just give them any story and go at it like that and poof its news.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey justamomma I am not referring to your post. Nope I was talking to bknapple32 I know he is a JKF person which is ok by me.

No offense to anyone I am simply pointing out inconsistencies in the official fairy tale of 9/11. Denis Leary is not my taste but as I said before "To each his own!"

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Look Leary is a personally acknowledged egomaniac! Watch the video and let me know if you would have called in security on these two truthers. C'mon bk he asked a simple question and he got the muscle treatment look at the facts!

You are a JFK conspiracy follower right and you doubt 9/11??

Who said I doubt 9/11? I was speaking about mr leary.

How do you know what the rules were of the book signing? Maybe it was clearly expressed, no cameras? Or maybe mr leary was protecting his own butt by having them excorted out before the situation built up to some back and forth argument.

In a day and age where everything pops up on youtube, and celebs look like total idiots on camera, what do you expect from him? He sees a camera, and a person with obvious intentions on trying to get a reaction out of him. He makes the smart move by ending the situation dead in its tracks.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Who said I doubt 9/11? I was speaking about mr leary.

How do you know what the rules were of the book signing? Maybe it was clearly expressed, no cameras? Or maybe mr leary was protecting his own butt by having them excorted out before the situation built up to some back and forth argument.

In a day and age where everything pops up on youtube, and celebs look like total idiots on camera, what do you expect from him? He sees a camera, and a person with obvious intentions on trying to get a reaction out of him. He makes the smart move by ending the situation dead in its tracks.

I understand your point but I thought it was a little over the top just like Denis Leary. Maybe he has a quick temper and compensates this way.

However consider the many low key responses he could have given such as:

-"You know I don't know all the facts to even have an opinion." Or "I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies. Sorry no more questions." or "You know there are a lot of questions I'd like to have answered too. "

Something along those lines which would have been perfectly fine. I know he is not required to "politely decline to answer" but why not???

I bet politey declining to answer would not have even made Youtube!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He did! HE told the girl he didnt believe in those conspiracies. He event went so far to mention he had firefighter friends, and it seemed his tangent would have included them as reasoning for not believing in it. But then the guy wit the camera kept the topic going. So Leary did what you asked, and they still tried to get a reaction.

Over the top? How bout the guy with the camera. Not Mr Leary at HIS book signing

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
edit...

Oops, I confused Dennis Leary with Dennis Miller.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join