It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai terrorists 'on cocaine during attacks'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Just mirrored my thoughts my friend.

It might register as '___' if this is true, but it's some new derivative of some sort if being used for aggression.

And that's very, very frightening

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
The label 'hashish' is a corruption of the French 'assassin'
- the description crusaders used to describe it.

Can you give a source for that? As far as I'm aware the English usage of the word 'assassin' come from the French, however I've yet to come across any etymological reading that suggests that the French 'assassin' (or similar Italian use) actually pre-dates related Arabic/Persian terms for either the drug or terms for 'guard' or 'patrol' &c.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You misunderstand the role of the '___' and the massive quantities used.

You also negate to include the mind control variable - of which '___' is a known tool.

Think MK-Ultra levels... not terrence mckenna.

This was a likely a living nightmare, scripted and guided by mind-control and hypnosis., not a consciousness expanding experience.

The opiates and coc aine were likely used a a reward-stimuli by their handlers, who have not been caught and are likely intelligence operatives (along with most people involved in this false flag event)...

This has all the signatures of a rampage mind-controlled patsies, in conjunction with an actual military/mercenary force who later escaped leaving a few hypno-drugged patsies behind to be found, programed with all the incriminating phrases one might ever need.

They might might even have had a suicide programming built in via whatever trauma/drug-based mind control was being utilized - no doubt tailored to each individual patsy.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

"Can you give a source for that?"

Wow. I'm surprised you have the gall to pull that one on a moderator... You are picking bigger targets.

*If you were actually serious and not just using that tactic to harass him - you would have used Google and/or Wikipedia and found out for yourself.

I did. It took me less than one minute to find it - but then I'm not out to push the limits of trolling to see what I can get away with...

I seriously cannot believe you just said "Can you give a source for that? to a moderator about something you could have found in one minute (something that is also fairly common knowledge)...

You are growing braver.

(From ONE MINUTE on) Wikipedia:
The Hashshashin (also Hashishin, Hashashiyyin, or Hashasheen) from which the word Assassins is thought to originate, were the military wing of the Nizari branch of the Ismā'īlī Shia Muslims following a dispute regarding the succession of the eighth Fatimide Caliph Al Mustansir. The Nizāriyya, upheld Nizar to be the rightful successor but the faction were driven from Egypt. However the majority of Isma'ili outside of the Fatmid State believed that Nizar was the rightful successor, and established a number of fortified settlements in present day Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, the first of which was Alamut under the charismatic Iranian leader Hasan-i Sabbah. Persecuted as infidels by the dominant Sunni sect in the Muslim world, they sent dedicated people to eliminate prominent Sunni leaders, whom they considered "impious usurpers."[1] [2] The sect was decimated by the invading Mongols, their last stronghold being seized by Hülegü Khan in the year 1272. The term Hashshashin, a name given to them by their Arab enemies, was derived from the Arabic "haššāšīn" (حشّاشين, "hashish user"). It also means the ones who produce hashish, which they are alleged to have ingested prior to their attacks, but this etymology is disputed. The sect referred to themselves as al-da'wa al-jadīda (Arabic:الدعوة الجديدة), which means the new doctrine, and were known within the organization as Fedayeen.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
The use of mind altering drugs were a regular practice back in WWII by the Kamakazi's and suicide bomber pilots.

Cheers!!!!

Suicide is an honorable practice in Japan, they believe in the afterlife. Just a good enough speech ought to do it. Besides, they were desperate and under the threat of American invasion as they were told/brainwashed.

Poverty also drives people to do crazy, suicidal things. To them death is nothing, maybe the end of their sufferings. Try losing all your money, friends, family, future, and see if you still desire to live.

Extremists probably lived under the same conditions, so you don't have to give them drugs to blow themselves up. Maybe to non-suicide infantry units need drugs that will numb pain and continue fighting, but if you strap tnt to yourself you'll hardly feel any pain I think

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianduder
reply to post by Merriman Weir

"Can you give a source for that?"

Wow. I'm surprised you have the gall to pull that one on a moderator... You are picking bigger targets.

*If you were actually serious and not just using that tactic to harass him - you would have used Google and/or Wikipedia and found out for yourself.

I did. It took me less than one minute to find it - but then I'm not out to push the limits of trolling to see what I can get away with...

I seriously cannot believe you just said "Can you give a source for that? to a moderator about something you could have found in one minute (something that is also fairly common knowledge)...

You are growing braver.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Canadianduder]

WTF?

All I asked is could a poster point to me to some supportive material. I don't really care whether the poster is a moderator, Batman or the Littlest Hobo. Why should the identity or role of the poster be an issue?

As for "growing braver"? What on earth are you on about? You seriously interpreted my post as trolling or even an attack on another poster?

Well, if it's such common knowledge and easily googleable, why don't you actually do the courtesy of 'denying ignorance' and post something that states the French word 'assassin' predates Arabic/Persian words for either terms related to the drug or terms related to 'guard', 'patrol' &c.

It's becoming quite apparent from other threads that, for what ever reason, you have issues with me. Please, either keep those issues to the other thread and don't make it personal, or put me on 'ignore' because this is getting a little sad and a little tiresome.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
on lsd? Coke yeah sure,I can see that. But acid? Last time I did any of that,i couldn't tie my shoelace,let alone execute a highly organised terrorst attack.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Insurgents in some areas frequently chew a stimulant plant known as Khat.

Some somalian insurgents even took up to 10 shots from a 5.56 calibre rifle before dying because of the stimulative nature of the Khat that they were chewing.

The only known defence against these "narco-terrorists" is to use precision shots to take them out.

The Mozambique drill was invented for that reason. 2+1 taps and they're down and out.

It doesn't surprise me that the Mumbai terrorists were high on all sorts of drugs... its the only way they could have battled for 50 hours non-stop.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
As both drugs are psycho active drugs i believe you could have used them in such terrifying situation as an terror attack. Like someone already mentioned think of it as an control drug, it is fairly plausible that they were under mind control somehow.

As already stated a real muslim would not do drugs, some do smoke cannabis in some form but doing hard drugs is another deal, in my opinion they do not do hard drugs, and i know a lot of muslims since my partner in our company are muslim and we have some good long talks while driving from job to job together around religion and whats going on in the wolrd at the moment. But we both look forward to world where we all can co exist amongst eachother.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by roknhrdcor

erm, these quys were muslim, some pakistani and non "white"

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The '___' in the needles would of been injected into the Hostages don't you think?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Well terrorists or Druggies?

Maybe these people have watched Scarface too many times?
So now we have terrorists relying on drugs? This seems very anti religion, I mean... typical terrorists are religious fundamentalists...so this doesn't fit the stereotype.

Just appalling. I think these people, now I have read this amount to nothing more than drug skanks.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

The "terrorists" used to do the same in Iraq, they used to inject them selves with Amphetamenes so they wouldn't feel pain. Also it's only against muslims religion to drink alcohol, not take drugs...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I can see why they were given coke. it in a high dose would act as a pain reliever. they would not have felt getting shot enought to stop them.

But '___' that i suspect was sometjhing they were told would also relieve pain.
but the real use was not told them.

I believe it was meant as a suicide agent by whoever was controlling them.

I believe they were told to use the '___' if they were wounded and that would freak them out so much that the only way to stop them would be to kill them.

I believe the one that survived was not meant to servive and the '___' was meant to turn him burserker so they would have to shoot him to stop him.

It is a common pratice with car bomber that they are told to drive to a point park the car and set a timer and leave.
In many cases there is not a timer like the driver thought but it goes off as he sets it.
Mnstant martyr
Sometimes the bomb has a remote incase the bomber changes his mind another person can set it off. Or if the cops shot the bomber the bomb can be set off as the cops gether around the dead bomber.
www.stratfor.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The search for the roots of the term 'assasin', while an interesting side-note, is no reason to derail a thread.

Please return to the topic at hand before we find ourselves debating where the words 'terrorist', or 'drug' originated.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
someone is painting a distorted picture,

i suggest that the group landed ashore and then dispatched to their assigned target areas in sound mind.

after the first 18 hours of sustained stress, some of the attackers injected a substance which they were instructed would reduce their hunger and relieve the tiredness & stress to accomplish the missions.

the syringes of supposed Acid, were 'Last Resort' items, as they were instructed to take when absolutely surrounded, or so maimed thay would pass out unless stimulated with visions of their martyr'ed after world.

this event was not the acts of drug crazed zealots at the onset of the operation... as 50 hours of assault approached, the attackers required the injectables they were told would aid them in their tasks...
i think the attackers were as much duped as doped

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
In reply to those who say it wouldn't be possible to do these attacks on '___'. I would like to point out that the Viking Berserkers, who were the most dangerous and feared opponents, would eat Fly Agaric mushrooms and work themselves up into a killing frenzy before battle and there would be no stopping them until they were dead. This is possibly the same sort of scenario (if true)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
'___' tends to be a mood emphsiser, it exaggerates the mood a person is in. emotional state also changes the strength and nature of the hallucinations, especially at medium doses. mixing a medium dose of '___' with a large dose of coc aine could yield a pretty severe psychopathic state if it was coupled with proper suggestion.

the trouble is, to cause this effect the dose has to have been pretty minutely controlled, '___' is administered in micro grams. a solution of coc aine and '___' in water (for injection) would need to be very precisely administered if it was going to cause this reaction. suggestion would then be required, which is unlikely to have been provided by one of the conspirators, they would be quickly overpowered by the cocktail.

if this is true, it suggests handlers for preparation of the solution and suggestion of the act. i would like to hear more before speculating on who these handlers were and what their motivation was.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Man that video was a scream made doubly funny by the BBC queen's english voice over. I nearly fell off my chair when the guy climbs the tree to feed the birds. Priceless find.

[edit on 3/12/08 by RogerT]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

i have had khat before.... that is the most disgusting thing ever, but it never gave me the feeling that i wanted to kill someone as described in the OP ...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Its not meant to induce a killing frenzy.

Its supposed to be a stimulant. Nothing more, nothing less.

The use of coc aine in this case is telling, because it suggests that the drug was chosen specifically as the strongest stimulant known. The use of '___' is puzzling. I reckon it may have been used for its entheogenic properties... which would have made the terrorists feel godlike (eg 1960s Supersoldier experiments with '___' in the USA).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join