It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have not noticed any animals acting strange in my area (AZ), but I am a news junkie and have noticed some increased unusual aggressive behavior in animals in the news lately.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just don't understand it.

Throughout the past few weeks there's been all kinds of seismic activity rolling and wafting about in California , and yet all the reports of animals partying, being intoxicated, and so on are not coming from here but rather in the area of the New Madrid fault.

I've checked the seismic activity there, and there's little if any.

I recall reading a similar thread of this type in the past and implementing it to my way of life. Its a nice reminder. I'll keep my eyes peeled on my morning run tomorrow.

I live in Los Angeles.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ok as I don't know the specific areas people mentioned I just guessed. This is very crude so please don't laugh but here is what we have from this thread so far. The locations people mentioned strange animal behavior are marked with a black dot on the map.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 12/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
do a google search for animals actin wierd. It looks like lots have popped up over the last month. Most say its just animals getting ready for a cold winter.

Here is one from 10/20/08 ish that was interesting to me

www.backyardchickens.com...

so is it cold winter or earthquakes or maybe just our perception and we are the ones seeing odd things out of nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OMG what is happening here? Is the mother of all earthquakes gonna strike the West coast of U.S.? This post is most timely then. Thanks for initiating it. I like the camaraderie found amongst ATS members - that is how it should always be.
My prayers, if it strikes, is that the population will be well prepared so that causalities will be minimal.
God Bless.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in the upper NC area....

So far, my cat, who has always been at least sane- has come unglued the past month or so. Charges up and down the hall, gets this crazy look on his face, and has done something I haven't had him do ever- when I got to bed, he climbs up to my chest, and lays there until he thinks I am ready to sleep. He's NEVER done this before. I swear he's acting like he's protecting me.

And as for the birds.... I kept hearing noise on the a/c unit (which is off since it's cold enough to hang meat out there)- went out, and there was a FLOCK of all sorts of birds hanging out (on the roof, above) right where I sleep! This is a metal trailer roof, for starters- And there's nothing up there but metal- so why these birds have chosen right there beats the heck out of me. They are on the a/c unit, on the roof..... I recognized cardinals, at least. Aren't various species of birds territorial? I figured they didn't all just get together in a bunch like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thanks! My yard seems to have the only tree on the block with acorns left. The squirrels are acting like my yard is going out of style. They don't scamper off and they keep searching and gathering even when I'm 10 feet away. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I hope everybody is going to be ok....nothing sadder than a few regualr posters dissapearing....

On another bord one just passed away and it is weird.

Also, 2 of our best family friends were the ones that took the pictures of the waves in the tsunami.

It was weird, they sent us an email about half an hour before it happened, and then we saw their digital cam pictures on the news....

We went out for new years with their kids, who are my age, and even though it was all over the news it was like we still couldn't believe it happened.

Even when we had a huge memorial party and filled a highschool gym it was barley sinking in.....

but NOW after it has finally sunk in, I am kinda traumatized by it. I am so scared to NOT see certain people posting anymore or something......then you just keep wonderin where they are, until it finally clicks in...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that young children are behaving differently? I'm talking children under 10.
I am in no way shape or from suggesting that children are like animals, but young children have been known to be in tune with their 6th sense than adults.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm in Phoenix and nothing strange here with my cat. I can still hear the birds chirping outside all day as usual.

A word of caution for everyone, and this is not meant to be at all disrespectful or anything.
For those seeing strange animal behavior, remember that if you're expecting the earthquake, or are frightened of it you may see things that are not there, or may miss another reason for the behavior. It's good to be prepared, but panicking won't help anyone. Stay safe and think positive.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Has anyone noticed that young children are behaving differently? I'm talking children under 10.
I am in no way shape or from suggesting that children are like animals, but young children have been known to be in tune with their 6th sense than adults.

Acting different HOW???

I have a 4 year old, so every DAY is different, lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
One good thing to remember is to keep an open mind, but don't forget that we are looking for these animal behaviors when we were not just a couple days ago. So have there REALLY never been multiple pairs of cardinals in my backyard, or is it just that I never NOTICED because I never particularly looked for them?

I do recall morning doves (ie clean-looking pigeons) sitting in my tree this afternoon too. My next door neighbor bred a pair 9 years ago and now they are all over the place around our houses. If they scatter then I think something might seriously be up.

Still non-alarmist posts of what people notice can never hurt.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well nowadays I have limited experience with animals as I am on nightshifts, but my dogs and cat are acting completely normal. In my limited experience outside during daylight I haven't seen large flocks of birds doing crazy things (although you see that all the time during spring... or was it summer..)

Looks like northern BC is safe from any immediate natural disasters

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
I have not noticed any animals acting strange in my area (AZ), but I am a news junkie and have noticed some increased unusual aggressive behavior in animals in the news lately.

What part of AZ? I live on the edge of Phoenix/Avondale and there have been THOUSANDS of birds going berzerk. The freeways covered with dead birds.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

I have 2, 4 year olds so i can agree with mellisamouse every day is different with them.

reply to post by NoArmsJames

I can only speak for myself but i haven't read any of the current earthquake prediction threads until this alert thread. so i guess you could say i really haven't been looking for strange things animal wise. What i listed was just the strange things i have noticed in the last couple of weeks. Will i make it a point now to really watch the animals? yeah i probably will for a week or 2 then i'll lose interest in it and quite.

I still don't know how much to credit to give to a possible New Madrid earthquake or just the strange weather this year. But living in the New Madrid zone i know it is past due for another big quake.

But i have to be honest with the amount of reports from the New Madrid zone of strange animal behavior it does make you wonder if they really can pick up on things like that or not. It will be interesting to see what pans out either way.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Virginia Beach, VA here. Nothing strange here. My dog is her same sweet self and not many birds around, which is normal. I have always observed animal behavior around me for some strange reason.
I sure hope a big quake is not in our future. I will keep on watchin!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

Looks like northern BC is safe from any immediate natural disasters

Yup, that is where I am and definatly feel safe, the island protects us, and the birds flew BACK here this year already.

So I'll stick with the birds.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dates: within the last two weeks

Saw a huge bald eagle sitting on a branch in town (30 feet from busy road) looking down into a small stream. Never seen that before, he must be hungry.

MN Deer harvest is down this year 250K deer "harvested" estimate. It is not down by much though.

Not as many dead deer on the roads this year imo.

More rabbit bat reports near my town. Link: /5w82g8

IMO:

Moods seem to be getting very low in my circle, farmers, bankers, tradesmen all concerned about the next big thing. But they cannot pinpoint what that is. I think there will be a release of all this tension and emotion before Febuary (quake, war, dollar collapse).

I have been off ATS for years, until a few months ago when I was drawn to look into some of the premonitions I have been waking up with.

Note: Dogs are one of the only animals that can sense human emotion.

Update on the threat of earthquake (14hrs old):

"The potential damages from a replay of any of the great American earthquakes that rocked the Midwest or on the west coast have never been higher," he added.

/5ntnad

[edit on 12-3-2008 by LookingAround]

[edit on 12-3-2008 by LookingAround]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm in San Diego. My cat is a very picky eater and ussually will only eat one brand of food. It has eaten everything in its site the last couple of weeks putting on some weight.

I thought it was because my wife was watching Oprah everyday?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't really know if this means anything so I thought I would post.

I'm in West Central MS...right on the river. Everyone came home from deer camp this past weekend talking about this guy that shot a deer. Said that the deer was charging at and kicking his blind. Would that count?

After reading this thread tonight I will keep eyes open.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join