It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
interesting thread. i haven't really noticed anything in the dfw area as of late. however i noticed some birds acting weird before the 2 earthquakes that happened recently. ill keep my eye on the skies (not many lakes here
)

Ive also noticed a lack of birds recently

precursor?

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, and have noticed NO birds feeding at all in the last week here.... I also noticed Geese flying in only groups of 2-3 instead of whole flocks... Not sure if that's anything?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
If animals can predict earthquakes, I will eat my cat.

No, that is not a typographical error.

Please - this is not a thread to discredit animal behavior - PLEASE READ the links provided in the main thread topic - there IS SCIENCE to prove animal odd behavior before an earthquake! China saved a million lives - BY watching animal behavior.

If you want to debate that fact - please just start some other thread - with a "Disbelief of animal pre earthquake behavior" - but don't start that in here - especially since there is history CONFIRMING animals are warnings to coming earthquakes!

I am not trying to be rude - but I would like people to read about pre earthquake animal behavior - BEFORE they make a comment discrediting it! INFORM YOURSELF - DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm down in the southeast corner of Michigan near Lake Erie.

The other day when I was out side finishing off the 'leaves' for the year, I noticed several small flocks of swans flying basically in circles over the area for several hours.

This year's Canada Goose migration was odd as well. It started very early.

DRiving into work last week, there were a couple of deer running like mad down the middle of a city street which, at 5 a.m. were not all that busy.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mommy4life
I tried to post this before I joined but I guess it didn't go through. Not sure if it is relevant but I am in south central Indiana and this article ran in our local paper. Maybe due to hunting season but seems rather odd.

MARKLE — Five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass jumped to their deaths onto Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer’s windshield, police said.

After the animals’ fatal plunge, their mangled carcasses littered the expressway to the horror of motorists who approached Friday’s scene in the northbound lanes of I-69.

Wells County EMS paramedic Andy Stimpson said he wasn’t prepared for what he saw when he arrived at the crash scene at the U.S. 224 overpass about 20 miles southwest of Fort Wayne.

“It’s the weirdest run I’ve ever had in 28 years,” he said.

John Salb, a spokesman for the state Department of Natural Resources, said the deer may have been spooked by cars as they were crossing the overpass and jumped from the overpass, not knowing a busy highway was far below them.

The 20- to 30-foot fall killed all five deer about 12:30 p.m. Friday, said Brian Jenks, a dispatcher with the Huntington County Sheriff’s Department.

The last of the five deer went through the windshield of a tractor-trailer rig, but the driver was not hurt, police said.

Late fall is a stressful time of year for deer as hunters push through fields and woods, hoping to scare deer out of their cover, said DNR spokesman Phil Bloom said.

Farmers are also removing the last of their crops from the fields, reducing the animals’ food supply even as deer breeding season is in full swing.

Any of these factors could have pushed the deer onto the highway overpass, Bloom said.

The I-69/U.S. 224 interchange is a likely spot for wildlife and humans to collide. The west side of the interchange is bordered by privately owned fields and the Markle State Recreation area, which is popular with hunters, Jenks said.

The east side of the interchange, an area that’s heavy with traffic, marks the edge of the town of Markle.

Not sure on how to link the article but it came from tmnews.com

WOW - that is completely Bizarre! Thank you for submitting this!
I have never heard of deer doing that before!
There are many strange things going on with animals right now - I really hope I get Sheldrake in here - to give an opinion to what he reads on this thread!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am also in the Philly burbs, Jersey side, and have noticed a ton of birds around, way more than ever before. I'm seeing species I have never seen before, and in high numbers. The bluejays and robins are extra fat, too. A ton of turkey buzzards around, they love the roadkill deer. Had a pack of deer cross my path yesterday, buck in the back, which was cool. Also, I saw a cougar here this summer, which is very unusual, but not unheard of, there's a sighting every couple years. So I should interpret this as a good sign, right? Right. Philly did win the pennant this year, the birds could just be here to party

Seriously, LOL'd from the fast eddie reference being in the same post as the lsd reference. That name is practically synonymous with lsd. The synchronicity crowd should like that one.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I have been in Texas in The Woordlands area north of Houston since a bit before U.S. Thanksgiving Day. Over the last week we have seen strange clouds that looked like someone had cut out big circles with a cookie cutter. The edges of the circles were like wild rainbows of colour, something like one might see on a oil slick.... Made me think of HAARP.

Today as we were driving up a small road in one of the villages there were three vultures on the ground very near the road. It would have been easy for a motorist to run over them. They seemed to be confused. No sign of roadkill.

Then way out in the countryside in the middle of nowhere an enormous flock of pigeons flying very elaborate patterns in the sky. I have never seen pigeons in the countryside like this. Usually I associate them with certain large cities like London, UK.

ive noticed weird cloud formations lately too.

about litte over a week ago the sky was almost completely blocked out by circular uniformed clouds. wish I had gotten a picture of it, it was quite a sight.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I saw a HUGE flock of canadian geese. Heading west in the middle of november..

I have had insomnia before an earthquake/tremor. It took me a long time of that happening to realize that is what it was, maybe. I believe I have a psyical reaction.

The air looks different, lasting 4-5 days and I get rather accoustumed to the distraction.

Around earthquake or tremor time the atoms and shadows are more active and shadowy. Things are generally 'dimmer'.

Someone will likely say alot of spiritual activity. And that too. But for me, I've just ended a week of this. I guess I should count the days in between (if we have an earthquake) so I can fine tune. If it is tonight I will be Mad!!

I have a beta. He's new. No feedback. He wants to be put in a 5 gallon jug so if it tips over he will still be in water

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I think you have an overactive imagination and you are looking to make difference in the world.

Bravo to you, but this isn't the way to do it.

Are you going to continue to post "discuss your weird [insert something here] we can save lives/world" until something actually happens?

Like throwing darts at a 50 foot dartboard from 4 inches away.. something is bound to stick.

One person (Greenize) on the other thread linked above on ATS, in Western Kentucky- mentioned how on Thanksgiving day, they saw something they had never seen before...
Buzzards in flocks were leaving the area along with black birds.

I see about 5 thousand crows move up and down my city at around 5PM during November/December almost daily, that doesn't mean anything other than them searching for food or doing things normal crows do.

You are looking for something that isn't there.

Why is everyone looking to find the next big disaster anyway? We know they are coming, it isn't new, we cannot prevent it and at best we get a few days (hurricane) to a few minutes (tornadoes) notice to flee.
Could you get a sense of an Earthquake coming by noticing a lot of animals migrating.. sure, they can feel the pre vibrations better than we can..

But focusing on animals as a method of predication is ONLY going to net you a hundred posts about someone’s dog seeming "lethargic" or some other "abnormal" behavior. The problem is, is that MOST people on ATS who would respond to you believe that their cats are psychic and their dogs are geniuses.

You will NOT get any kind of accurate portrait that you are looking for.
Unless you have the ability to weed out the hoaxers and the delusional (90%) you will get a gobbledygook or responses (note: I haven't read many of the responses to this thread yet just this page...)

The other things is cloud formations and such.. you do know why there are always references to what clouds look like in movies, on TV and in your own childhood right?

Because they are amazing things.. there is no "odd" cloud formation... if you do a search for clouds on google images you will find thousands of "odd" images that are just... clouds.

The you need to consider "odd" animal behavior. "Odd" behavior happens ALL THE TIME. One guy mentions deer running down the street "like mad" when there is no traffic. What? He never considers the posibility they were spooked by the town/a car/a person/ a predator?

How about the guy talking about flying swan... seriously? This is what I mean about the reports you will get. And you will sit there and say "wow, thats BIZARRE!" and not realize that it isn't really all that bizarre!

I am not trying to give you a hard time on this one but you other thread is complete BS and this one is just misguided. It needs some balance.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by gormly]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
star and flag OP:
I'll add my observations from the S.W. corner of Missouri. I haven't seen any squirrels the last 2-3 days. i haven't seen any birds either.

This time of year i always see flocks of wild Canadian geese flying over my house. i live between 2 preserves for them. in the morning they fly south and the evening they fly back to the one north of me. the last week or 2 i haven't seen any geese.

The Dogs in my neighborhood seem to be more tense than usual and bark at nothing.

I haven't seen any rabbits this fall either. and its deer hunting season here and i have yet to see a deer wonder into the neighborhood from the bordering wooded area. usually i see about 10 a morning.

The weather here has been pretty crazy this year more tornadoes and severe storms than usual. this fall has been colder than usual with some warmer than usual days. we have already received our first snow which we usually don't get until after Christmas.

as for acorns well there isn't as many in my yard this year as years past, but that could be because after the big ice storm here in January i trimmed most of my trees back away from the power lines.

I don't know how much i can contribute my observations to an upcoming earthquake or how much to contribute to the funky weather we are getting in my neck of the woods this year. BUt i thought I'd Add my observations so maybe it'll help out.

Those are wonderful observations - and exactly what is strange - it seems that rabbits - (many post here) are not around the mid section of the states right now and acting strange. Also the reports of squirrels disappearing - to me is significant (I am not a scientist though). But I am trying to get one in here - to help decifier the post. If everyone keeps wonderful observation post up, like we have been getting - there is something to it and it seems there is 'real' odd behavior right now. One other thing - watch for snakes coming out of hypernation. If you see that - LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY! That is one fact - and a history of snakes coming out during winter - and then freezing to death before earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We felt the quake earlier in the year in Indiana. My dog has 3 times predicted nearby lightening strikes. But he didn't do so well on the earthquake. Sound asleep in fact. I will keep an eye open.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Has anyone noticed that young children are behaving differently? I'm talking children under 10.
I am in no way shape or from suggesting that children are like animals, but young children have been known to be in tune with their 6th sense than adults.

In DFW here....YES my kids and our neighbors have been acting somewhat strange. Real super whiny and snappy lately, which is very odd for my kids. I don't think its Xmas jitters either. I was just talking about it to wifey last nite!

On another note, oddly enough now that I started reading this thread there does seem to be a lot less acorns than I can remember and to day, this morning and last nite ....no birds anywhere, and we are usually inundated with em.

PG

[edit on 3-12-2008 by pizzaguy]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by pizzaguy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I live in houston and I have noticed bats in the area lots!this is highly unusual....I know there are tons of them in san antonio but not in houston

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

I think you have an overactive imagination and you are looking to make difference in the world.

Bravo to you, but this isn't the way to do it.

Are you going to continue to post "discuss your weird [insert something here] we can save lives/world" until something actually happens?

Like throwing darts at a 50 foot dartboard from 4 inches away.. something is bound to stick.

One person (Greenize) on the other thread linked above on ATS, in Western Kentucky- mentioned how on Thanksgiving day, they saw something they had never seen before...
Buzzards in flocks were leaving the area along with black birds.

I see about 5 thousand crows move up and down my city at around 5PM during November/December almost daily, that doesn't mean anything other than them searching for food or doing things normal crows do.

You are looking for something that isn't there.

Why is everyone looking to find the next big disaster anyway? We know they are coming, it isn't new, we cannot prevent it and at best we get a few days (hurricane) to a few minutes (tornadoes) notice to flee.

Could you get a sense of an Earthquake coming by noticing a lot of animals migrating.. sure, they can feel the pre vibrations better than we can..

But focusing on animals as a method of predication is ONLY going to net you a hundred posts about someone’s dog seeming "lethargic" or some other "abnormal" behavior.

The problem is, is that MOST people on ATS who would respond to you believe that their cats are psychic and their dogs are geniuses.

You will NOT get any kind of accurate portrait that you are looking for.
Unless you have the ability to weed out the hoaxers and the delusional (90%) you will get a gobbledygook or responses (note: I haven't read the responses to this thread yet...)

I am not trying to give you a hard time on this one but you other thread is complete BS and this one is just misguided. It needs some balance.

The one thing in what you wrote.... is the fact "YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POST"!

As I wrote on the main thread - "this is not the place to debate if the earthquakes predicted will happen or not" - and it is pretty obvious what your belief is from your "thread" you started - "that makes fun and ridicules it".

But - you obviously did not read the links I have provided with the main thread post either. THERE IS REAL EVIDENCE of warnings from animals - leaving an earthquake area - ahead of time.

You may believe what you want - but the reality is - STRANGE THINGS are going on with animals right now - they are not behaving in a normal fashion in certain areas!

I will say once again - READ the links provided in the main thread and the post here - BEFORE you post something as you did above - Inform yourself - THEN make a decision.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Its funny you mention snakes.I am in Canadas Capital and a few yrs back we had a mild one.It felt more like a big truck going by for 20 secs or so.
At the time I had a ball python and a corn snake.
The corn snake was very outgoing and didn't mind people at all.I always had her out and knew her well.
On the day the mini quake hit she was acting strange.She would usually stay on the towel i put out for her and massage herself.(quite funny)
She liked to play in papertowl rolls.On that day she wedged herself in and wouldn't come out for the life of her.I had to cut her out and she was acting like she just wanted to get away and was a bit spazzie.
I put her back in her aquarium and about 5 mins later it hit.
The other snake didn't want to be handled which wasn't unusual for him.

Thats my only experience with quakes and animals.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is a truly excellent early warning system. I know for a fact that animals can sense things invisible to human eyes. Quakes, apparitions, you name it...

I'll be watching this thread very carefully. And so should everyone at ATS. This is closest to quake prediction that I can imagine. We still lack the proper science to see it coming, but we can be ready when it hits.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

PLEASE READ RESPONSE I HAVE GOTTEN BACK THIS MORNING from my email to Rupert Sheldrake:

Dear Sherrie,

This is very interesting and I will pass your email onto Rupert Sheldrake. I have also patched in David Brown who is involved in earthquake research and he is based in California. Best wishes Pam Smart (Researcher)

The point of contacting them - is to get researchers involved with this thread - who are experts - will keep you updated on that.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Buffalo, NY. We just moved here in October, so I really don't know the wildlife pattern. No squirrells or rabbits anymore and very few birds. Could be the snow and low temps. Hubby and I have been experiencing an increase in ringing in the ears. The ringing is louder and longer in duration than normal.

Wonder if we could get a tidal wave off the Erie from a quake?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hey all. I started reading the original post about the predicted earthquake and checked in today to see if there was any more to be said. I found this post. I'm originally from Southeast Missouri, currently in NC (can't wait to get back to the Midwest!...hopefully...). My parents are located about one hour north of New Madrid, MO (I also have tons of in-laws in southeast Missouri). Being that I grew up thinking the "big one" was always about to take place, predictions were a dime a dozen. But, something about this doesn't sit well with me. Just knowing that the area is past due for a rather large quake, makes me think that a big one could be right around the corner.

The first prediction we had for the major NM earthquake, was back in the 90's. Oddly, it was December as well. This crazy guy, who we now believe was only out for a little bit of the lime light. We did have a 4.6 earthquake in September (I believe) when I was in the fourth grade (please, I can't think of the year. I'm 27 now, so have at it). I remember speaking with my parents either this year or this past year about an earthquake that they had during the early morning. Sorry, I'm at a loss for when, but I know it was within the last two years. It wasn't major, but news worthy in a small town.

I'm going to contact my parents to let them in on this bit of information. Also, I will ask them about the animals and their cat snf any information that might be relevant and helpful to this post.

Thanks for posting and I'll get back to you all as soon as I can.

Kt

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well since we are following the animal behavior pattern; Which to the non -believer I say do a little research into animal behavior and earthquakes through out history before making blanket skeptical responses. The map I posted earlier in the thread does seem to be following a specific fault line pattern which is adding to the prospects of this being a real possibility.

I thought I would post this for you guys....it is real time world seismic data.

www.iris.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join