It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here in South Carolina I watched the Red Tail Hawks that have been here for years form a flock and leave about a week ago. It is kinda strange not seeing them as I've seen them catching rabbits in the winter for years.

Our White Acorn Tree didn't have any acorns. Since I grew up in this house it would be the first time since I was 5.

I found a few blackbirds dead and frozen to the ground this morning after I saw a flock flying from one side of the property to the next yesterday like they were confused. I commented to my dad (next door) that the birds appeared drunk.

A few weeks ago a herd of deer were running through the downtown section here and killed a motorcycle driver.

Nothing else I can think of.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
South West Coast checking in.

Dogs mood a little more passive in the last week, but hey it was Thanksgiving.

Playing right now...no problems.

Birds in the fruit trees as usual.

Haven't checked the local papers for increased missings yet.

So far so good.

*Someone turn this thread into a website now.*

Killer Idea!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't have any strange behavior to add, but I will definitely be watching the dogs. Also, I typically have lots of geese landing on the pond. We've had some earlier in the year, but not now. I'm in North Alabama.

P.S. I think this idea is great. If it saves one life, it's worth it!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm in Southern California - no unusual animal activity here that I have seen. The cats are the same; squirrels and possums are in the backyard passing through, and the same assortment of birds: seagulls, blue jays, wild parrots, sparrows.. no more or less of them that normal. Will keep an eye out though!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So I did a little reseach for ya's. I live in northeren illinois, and have noticed nothing. although my dog is always on the unusual side.

Here's the link, found it rather interesting that the past month or so has been rather active. Would account for the strange animal activity in and around the area. Be sure to read the comments at the end. A couple guys are even a bit worried about magama!?!?! Odd worry, but not too far fetched. Wouldnt that be messed up... Here ya go-

www.livescience.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I watched our cat do that too, freaky. took it down like a python. Sat and watched in amazement. May have to u2u you during a party so i can prove i'm not the only one.

Cats are natural born killers, kind of like Woody Harelson, but more like Dr. Dre ru.youtube.com... . Some are more skillful than others, but almost all are homicidal maniacs. My film professor in college likened cats to something worse than vampires. They have no mercy. They maim and torture, and kill, and then--tail up--"it's nice to see you! I was just drinking blood!"

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I live way up in Canada so I seriously doubt this would have anything to do with it....Ontario btw, nowhere near Vancouver, but my dog has been acting very wierd. She is usually a very good dog and very timid, but latley she has been acting extremly wierd latley, whinning all the time and acting very nervous and generally scared.

As i said i doubt it has anything to do with it, giving where i live, but i thought I'd sound off.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A smart lady has once told me "when there is a problem with ant that means a earthquake is near. I believe her because that lady is my mother.I think it is true because ants live the ground.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I am in Tennessee, and I don't have any Cardinals here now - come to think of it! In fact my bird feeder is right outside my window full of seed, and not a single bird has come here for a few days.
After you wrote this post, I have been looking out the windows and have only seen one bird - that is very unusual.
I am going to be watching my cat - I am not right at the fault - but someone who is, has said they have seen plasma like colors in the sky.

With all the earthquakes happening all over the world, I hope people will write what is happening no matter where they are in the world. It is an alert system.
is that east or west tennessee?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh what the heck.. S.W. Georgia checking in. The only thing that I can think of is the fact that I haven't seen many birds. Usually they either stop or pass through while migrating but it's possible I just don't ever catch them.. but I have seen what looked like many hundreds maybe thousands at a time before... I dunno.

I'm a telephone operator and I did take a squirrel bite call on a Public Health line the other night but.. I mean that's about it for now. I'll keep my eyes open though.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by non-living
Interesting,

I don't know if this would matter since I live on a small island. Anyways, on Sunday, I went to my family ranch which is located by a river. I usually go shrimping and fishing there. There was barely any shrimp or fish in the area even as I went upstream. I've been going to my ranch about 7 times before this one and there were always shrimp and fish every time we went. Also, there is usually huge amounts of msquitos and flies around but this time, I could only count one fly and a few mosquitos, the same goes for lizards.
We barely heard any birds and heard mostly barking frogs. It was also raining that day so I pretty much assumed that was the reason why.

I am only posting this because you asked about strange animal activity. For some reason if it wasn't the rain doing this, then perhaps it was worth mentioning. Just in case.

I will try and observe anything else in the meanwhile.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by non-living]

Where is your place on the river? What area of the country?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hi, I am not a member, I live in northern California in Eureka, were the bigger 5.8 I believe happened. The news here locally has even talked about how earthquakes the last 2 months has started happening much more regularly.

I wanted to post this link to a area in mid California.

quake.usgs.gov...

It is a list of all the earthquakes the last few days in this area, and I have to say its huge, I didn't count, but I would guess around 100, with a few 3's and 4's.

Just to give u guyz some idea's, our cats here always act weird before earthquakes, I remember when I was younger, our cats and dog were hiding under a table during a big earthquake in the mid 90s, before the quake even hit.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One87, funny you should talk about ants. Over the summer I saw two masses of ants assemble and then one went over and attacked the other. I never saw anything like it. There where thousands on each side. It it was very orginized and when it started one side started to move an army in a stream like formation over to the other side. It was so cool I took some pics and video. As far as timing goes I'm not sure if anything earthquake realated took place. I think it was late June/July when I saw this.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
S.E. Nebraska here. Nothing unusual with my dog these days, but I have most certainly noticed a lack of birds lately. Our feeder has been full for a few days with few to no visitors. Very unusual for our area - my wife typically has to fill the bird feeder from empty every 3-4 days. peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay, the New Madrid Fault seems to be it.

Congratulations Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.

From the previous posts so far up to this moment.

[check watch......mark] click

Two days...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
About an hour ago, my dog started acting highly unusual. At the same time, a ringing in my right ear has began. My immediate reaction was that something was wrong (the ringing is happening as I type this). I started looking around the net to see if something happened and stumbled onto this thread.

Don't know what to speculate about it but it sure has me feeling like something is up. BTW I'm in the Chicagoland area.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live in the southern suburbs of Chicago, a pretty rural area, and just saw a couple things today that were strange.

Not really a lack of wildlife, rather more than usual.

First I saw not one but FOUR pairs of Cardinals eating seeds off some brush at the edge of our property. This is strange because I know there is ONE pair that lives in the area, but I have never in 18 years of living here seen more than one pair at a time. Could be coincidence I guess.

But then I looked out into the field behind our house. And I saw two coyotes. Not uncommon, I've heard them howl some nights as there are a couple of tree patches perfect for a den in the field. What was strange was that it snowed last night, there were no clouds and it was bright white snow ... and the coyotes were just kinda standing around looking at each other, then walked with no sense of urgency from one treeline to the next.

Again, in 18 years I have never seen any coyote in daylight in this field, aside from one sprinting out of the brush when some jackass with an ATV ran into it.

Our subdivision stopped construction 12 years ago and there has been no other development near the field, so I've ruled that out. Could be just more animals moving in from other areas, but when I watched them I couldn't help shake the feeling that both the cardinals and coyotes were fleeing northward ...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Coyotes are howling a lot.

My cats keep freaking out too, they keep hearing things I think and running away to hide for a bit.

I'm in New England, so it wouldn't be the midwest maybe? Just noticing it. Also less birds than usual.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i saw the ant wars once as a kid,red against black.i guess we arent the only ones that kill each other

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Texas hill country checking in. We have been in our deer hunting season for about a month, and I have been out in the woods a heck of a lot since sthe beginning of November.

I can't say that I have seen any significantly odd animal or bird behaviors. The bucks are not chasing the doe as actively as in the past; however I have seen this now for the past two years. It probably has more to do with overall weather patterns.

I have noticed that our winter bird feeders at the house are not being used as much; however, the other morning I was walking the back yard and saw a huge amount of birds and squirrels, so maybe more neighbors are feeding and there is more to choose from.

Overall, I plan to keep a heightened sense of awareness during this time and will report in on this thread if necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join