It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you save someone who doesn't want to be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I dont want to be saved ......if something does come down ..I would prefer to have it all over with quickly ....I have personally been through way too much already ...several times fighting for my life ..for what I ask ?
I dont want to suffer anymore .I would consider death to be a blessing now.
I am tired .

Not to mention I do not want to watch all the violence that will happen .I have seen enough violence to last me a lifetime .
There is nothing I have ... not even my own life that would be worth killing another human being for .Not even in extreme circumstances could I personally justify shooting anyone ......I dont have kids at home so I dont have to worry about protecting them .........
They can have all I have ..including my life .
So to those of you who will need my water,my food etc ...just come on and get it ..there will be no fight from me ...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I dont want to be saved ......if something does come down ..I would prefer to have it all over with quickly ....I have personally been through way too much already ...several times fighting for my life ..for what I ask ?
I dont want to suffer anymore .I would consider death to be a blessing now.
I am tired .

Not to mention I do not want to watch all the violence that will happen .I have seen enough violence to last me a lifetime .
There is nothing I have ... not even my own life that would be worth killing another human being for .Not even in extreme circumstances could I personally justify shooting anyone ......I dont have kids at home so I dont have to worry about protecting them .........
They can have all I have ..including my life .
So to those of you who will need my water,my food etc ...just come on and get it ..there will be no fight from me ...

Look President Bush it does not matter how petulant you get theres no way on earth we want you to have a third term in office, you have already turned the US into a pariah state.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Wow! What could have been so bad as to make you give up so easily?
I've experienced some bad stuff in my life, but i will never give up.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Anuubis]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

My plan exactly. But I thought it was funny. She didn't ask anything about fire starting material or food... But make up was the topic

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

It is not giving up ...I wake everyday happy to be alive ...I dont hate life .
I just hate violence ....and I have nothing ....that I would be willing to KILL for .
NOTHING >.

And PS ..I dont like Bush either ...I would have voted for Obama if I cared about politics at all ..which I do not ......

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

My goodness! I couldn't imagine giving up. I am sorry that you feel that way. But if it is your thought out wish... I hope you get what you desire.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

My goodness! I couldn't imagine giving up. I am sorry that you feel that way. But if it is your thought out wish... I hope you get what you desire.

If something serious does happen ...everyone including you who appear to be non violent..will be out here killing just to steal someone elses water ..do you think that is something I should look forward to ?
I hate even watching the news seeing how many people would kill for a stupid 20.00 bill .....
Some of you actually seem to be looking forward to a total chaotic society just so you can kill for some sort of superiority complex ......I see it everyday in the 20 year old or so age group ...they are PRAYING for the day they can just roam around and take what they want have no laws to be have to be accountable for their crimes and kill for pleasure and of course for material goods etc .....(Anarchy)............seriously this generation of kids scares the heck out of me ....I dont wanna watch it all go down ................

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Actually, I have plenty of water and food thanks... But I see your point. There was something I learned in war for this great country... Survival is not fun or pretty. But getting home is the goal.

If it all falls apart, I hope that every one leaves well enogh alone on my property and I hope that we are able to be civil. But I cannot rely on my hopes. I have responsiabilaties to worry about and I cannot leave them in harm for any reason.

Hope for the best... Perpare for the worst.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Would you save the one you love (or help them by making them a BOB) even if they don't want one? I know how I am approching it, but want to know what all of you out there might think. Is it a bigger liability to have someone not survival smart with you? One can move quieter than two... Three can keep a secret if two are deaad... Pick the quote... What would you do?

... being empathic is going to make survival very hard for me, because if anyone around me is hungry then i will suffer to. It would be very rough. The way i look at it is all of us enlightened folks who are no longer afraid of death will get a chance to prove it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

... being empathic is going to make survival very hard for me, because if anyone around me is hungry then i will suffer to. It would be very rough. The way i look at it is all of us enlightened folks who are no longer afraid of death will get a chance to prove it.

There's a differance between dying for a cause and dying for nothing. Watching your family slowly starving is one thing, killed in a robbery attempt to feed them is another...

I'm not promoting robbery, just prooving how not being afraid of death can be two edged.

I'm not afraid to die, but I watch old movies about WWI and wonder how we were able to actually think trench warfare was a good thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by Death_Kron

Carrying simple items like that are common sense anyways. Even if it's just for the possibility of being stuck in a traffic jam for awhile.
The only problem is my truck don't wear boots, so i can't stash anything in one

Common sense, the only thing about common sense that is true is the fact that it isn't common!

Seriously though, I don't know anyone who does actually carry those items in the boots of their cars, the "it will never happen to me" or the "dont be soft" mentalities are far too rife!

It may be common sense to you as it is to me but for some reason the vast majority of people do not see it.

I love survival and think its great to be prepared, I'll admit I think its a bit excessive for an EDC kit but saying that you never know whats going to happen ...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Common sense will all go out the window in extreme conditions if something comes down real serious ..heck most dont even use common sense now .
They are either already dumbed down to the point of no return or they are heavily medicated and some are both ...

Can you imagine all those people without their meds during a serious time such as what we are talking about here ..Most of those drugs (Anti Depressants etc) have some terrible extreme withdrawls when not taken daily ..

Maybe I will just keep some extra water, food and some antidepressants or zanex just for them lol ...just in case I encounter one of them .

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Brava! A steller point!!! And one I never really thought about (but then again my drug cabnit holds multi-vitamins only, I have no perscriptions). I think the tragity that would be involved if people weren't able to get their high blood pressure medicine, or any other life changing drug. It's scarey to think.

I (as an individual) carry a good ammount of items with me everywhere. My readiness is due to my own laziness. I do a lot of off roading and just don't wanna unpack.

I fear some might be unschooled (ment in the nicest way possible for those who are) enought to not even know that a boot is the trunk of a car.

It's hard to tell. I see some people just so dependent on everything else, it scares me.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have quite a bit of experience to share on this subject.

1. NON-PREPPERS. There are people who refuse to prepare for disasters because they believe that acknowledging that something can happen will make it happen. The mere discussion of it freaks them out. I find that if you tone it way down and discuss it in terms of minor problems (being stuck in traffic, electricity being off for a few days) makes it easier for them to handle.

There's also the group who believes that God will save them; they are too enlightened to actually need to survive; they don't want to look like a nut; and those who are chronically depressed and want to die. Sometimes you can convince people in the last group that a survival situation will actually give life meaning again.

I don't subscribe to the hordes of zombies and complete breakdown of society scenario and I find discussions of a Mad Max world uncomfortable. So I keep it to more realistic scenarios, like natural disasters, economic uncertainty, skyrocketing food costs, etc.

2. HAVE SOMEONE ELSE CONVINCE THEM. My housemate would cut me off any time I spoke about gearing up for the current Depression. "I don't want to talk about all this negative doom and gloom!" I would buy food in bulk and sneak it into the house to avoid the criticism. I hid my gear in the car. The garden I chalked up to rising food prices and trying to offset what I would have to spend in the spring and summer.

Then, one day, someone else talked about their preps, and then what I was doing was suddenly really a great idea. They were on board 100%. I didn't care and I certainly didn't say a word about their change of heart. They are making up for lost time, I can tell you that.

3. THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO RELY ON YOU WHETHER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT. I prep for those who I figure I'm going to have to deal with and won't be able to say no. It just seems easier to store food for them. So I bought an extra 50 pounds of rice and 20 pounds of beans and split it up into manageable family sizes. If they come around asking, that is all they will get. I figure it will give them enough time to start growing their own food. It won't be fun, but they will live. I also figure on storing 10% for charity.

One person I will have to take with me just wouldn't prep and ridiculed me. I took them over a bugout bag I bought and told them to pack a change of clothes, socks, shoes, and personal care items and medicine. They tried to give it back to me, because they didn't need it (in other words, they had no intention of packing anything).

They hemmed and hawed about why they didn't need to do that, or how it was too complicated, so I said that if there was an emergency and we had to leave, then would likely have less than ten minutes to get their stuff together. We would not wait on them, so when the time came, they were going to have to get in the car without their stuff or stay behind.

I asked them if they understood that, they said, "Yeah. . . whatever" and I said, "No, I want you to tell me you understand that if there is an emergency, and we need to leave, if you are not ready, you will be left behind. We have food for you, we do not have clothes or personal care items. I want you to understand that." It makes them really think about it and make a verbal commitment to you. For some reason, having to repeat this back to me changed their mind, and they started their bugout bag.

This is how I handle it when people start teasing me about prepping. I ask them to give me a commitment that if something happens, they will not come to me asking for help. I ask them to give me their word. This seems to give them the idea that they might actually be responsible for their own survival and that of their family. These are the people who usually want you to give them some reason to prep, like asking, "What do you think is going to happen?" I find that frustrating.

If it isn't someone that is included in my plans, I don't talk about it ever. Not one word. If they ask about my garden, I tell them it's my new hobby. If they happen to see a box of food, I explain it's for the school food drive. If they ask me about the the gear in my trunk, I tell them I was camping recently and haven't taken it to storage.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well I will have no choice but to depend on the Lord if something comes down .
I have tried my best to be prepared .
I have bought water,batteries,extra canned goods,candles etc ..
And it never fails ...people come over and drink my water (because our tap water sucks lol) or the water leaks in the garage after sitting for a couple of months ....the batteries I usually end up having to use now ...the candles get burned up when our electricity gets shut off during a storm ..and the canned goods get eaten because we are in hard times (moneywise) ...and I have no extra money to replace it all now .....
So I just dont know what to do other than trust God with it all ....

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu

There's also the group who believes that God will save them; they are too enlightened to actually need to survive; they don't want to look like a nut; and those who are chronically depressed and want to die. Sometimes you can convince people in the last group that a survival situation will actually give life meaning again.

Thank you for your first hand knowledge in this. As I wish I was as enlightened as those who believe in God to take care of me, I still rember that Luck and God favor the prepared.

God might have sent me home safely from combat... But I wasn't walking around without my gear and a bulletproof vest.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It sounds like you already have the survival part down! Good for you. If you have food and batteries, perhaps a generator, anything like that shws a bit of readiness. You don't have to have 50 guns, a collapsable helicopter and a bunker... But if you do... Let me know... House party- YOUR PLACE!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It sounds like you already have the survival part down! Good for you. If you have food and batteries, perhaps a generator, anything like that shws a bit of readiness. You don't have to have 50 guns, a collapsable helicopter and a bunker... But if you do... Let me know... House party- YOUR PLACE!!!

LOL well I was sorta thinking I needed to come to your house ...
We can share what we have then ..I have some candles left that are half burned ...and some batteries that are about half used up ...and a few half jugs of water ..we can use my halves up first then we can use yours ....
A collapsable helicopter would be pretty cool though wouldnt it ? LoL

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have no problem with that! When it all falls apart, I plan on laying low just enough to let the violence blow over... Then I have my own routes and people to join with. Come on along... Half burnt candles and all... There's a forest full of food and plenty of time to survive!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There's a forest full of food and plenty of time to survive!

A question about your comment. Why do you think the forest will be teeming with food?

The way I see it, the wildlife population is pretty precarious right now with controlled hunting, what's going to happen when people start killing everything for food? Given the huge increase in population since the last time people harvested wildlife to survive, I suspect most game will be decimated within a year.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join