It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rolling stars?/satellites?/planes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ever since I read a thread about these objects moving across the sky, I myself notice them all the time now.

I must see about 10 each night (no doubt tons more if I stayed out all night) and they are definitely not planes. I was even lucky enough to see one start moving from a stationary position and fly across the sky.

Since that thread was ages ago, and it never really explained what they are, I thought maybe people have forgotten about them.
Are they satellites? Really high planes lol? Or even (gulp!) UFOs?

Well whatever they are, they are in the sky constantly.

Any thoughts or experts out there that knows what they are?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I also see them often on a clear night too, its been very cloudy lately so im waiting for it to shift off!!

It gives me a weird feeling when I see one, a bit like the feeling of wanting to whoop/shout Yeeeehaaaaa excited and then it goes from sight and im thinking to myself "What Are They?

I dont think they are planes ( they are so high up sometimes ) and Im not sure if they are satellites. Planes/Satellites/Ufos who knows.......

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

It's very likely they are satellites.
Have a look here www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is weird. I just came home and saw 3. One really bright one fading out into the horizon.

But the strange one was 2 moving with the same speed, after each other. They disappeared when they moved behind of a thin layer of clouds.
But do anybody know any satellites that moves in pairs, with the same speed and on a straight line?

Did some fast google searches, but I'm not sure what searchwords to use.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muriaz

Most likely, this is what you saw:
www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My god I didnt know that many satellites were around! lol.

Could well be them I guess, so why then do some go really bright for a moment then fade to nothing then only to iluminate again?

Ive seen loads at various points of brightness as well. And various speeds.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could be. If I've used the www.heavens-above.com site correctly it would fit.
Thank you for the link and the reply.

Not everyday I can see ISS and the shuttle at the same time from here.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muriaz

It is a treat.
My daughter (6) and I try to see as many ISS passes as possible. Once we watched it go by and she said, "Dad, there's another one!".
Sure enough, the shuttle was trailing right along behind. I didn't know about the separation and was not expecting to see the shuttle. Made me proud of my little skywatcher, she spotted it before I did.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmmm I dont agree with them being satellites for one reason - Two months ago myself and my family were taking a weeks holiday in Lincolnshire ( uk ) in my hubbys brothers caravan and in the evenings we went for walks ( ufo hunting actually ) with the dog.

Now on the caravan site there is a big mound about the height of a three storey house, so we all climbed to the top and lay on our backs as it was a crystal clear night to see if we could see anything unusual. After about twenty mins, the cold was really setting in and the children were getting a bit restless so I was lying there thinking we should go in a minute.

All of a sudden these 2 round objects came into view on the left of my vision, flying next to each other at really fast speed - immediately I said to my hubby "Look at those and pointed. We all watched as they seem to skip over the sky, one of the objects began moving closer the other and then back to where it was like it was playing/teasing the other.

It was at this point that my youngest daughter who is nine started to cry and say she was scared! We watched them go quickly out of view and I comforted my daughter and reassured her it was ok, we all started to speak about what we had just witnessed very excitedly.

They crossed the sky in no more than 10 seconds, they seemed to have a slight orange tinge to them but dull not bright and they really looked like they were communicating by the way they were flying. Me and my hubby were so amazed at this and the children were too as I have been seeing these objects for a few years now but not as a whole family.

It really blew our heads away and we cant wait to go on holiday again to go UFO Hunting!!

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It sounds like what you saw is different from what the OP saw.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just to point out that these objects were not flying one behind the other but beside each other.....so weird!

I looked on the National Ufo Reporting Centre recently and have found a few reports to be similar although I didnt report our experience - until now that is

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have seen these flying stars/Ufos whatever you wanna call them but there seems to be different types

Bright to fading out
Bright to fading, back to bright
Different speeds
Different colours White/orange
Disguising itself as a star and shooting off the minute you spot it
In pairs

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was great to see them, even though it was just for a few seconds. I am always watching the night sky, but I have never, that I know of, seen the shuttle.
Once in a while I will probably check out www.heavens-above.com to see when I can spot it.

new topics

top topics

join