It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
I was pretty disgusted looking at the first responders with WW2 relics trying to fight a group that was much better armed.

India must have a contract with the west NOT to use AK's. I bought my AK new for less than 500 dollars, if they bought them in bulk they'd prolly be less expensive than their old rifles.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Arrested terrorists are alleged members of Pakistani based Lashkar-e-Toiba. The administrative operation of these attacks is becoming an evidently clear path to Islamabad.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I said it was going to be LeT when this mess first started.

Here's a link AGAIN for anyone that wants to check them out.

LeT

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The guys with the real guns are the NSG. They have been on the scene for a while. The regular city police had the Lee-Enfields. One thing I noticed was a senior police guy putting on Level 1 or 2 armor, like that was going to help against rifle fire. Totally outgunned like during the North Hollywood Shootout. Sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
But FBI is Federal Bureau of Investigations - right? Federal not international.

Shouldn't it be Interpol if anyone?

It's like sending our Coast Guard to take down the pirates in Somalia?

It's fishy. India has a billion people or there abouts, you mean to tell me it needs our FBI - when their people know the place far better and the situation.

too odd.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I noticed the guys with Lee-Enfields and without any decent combat gear... not very inspiring to attack with 60+ years old weapons.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's wierd because a few minutes ago CNN was stressing very clearly that currently there is NO evidence whatsoever of Pakistani involvement, but for the rest of the broadcast, Pakistan's name is thrown around in the speculations like crazy. I think Indian officials are pretty convinced it's Pakistan, hopefully they truly confirm it before any retaliation...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

FBI is probably much better at this sort of thing than India's intelligence services, especially considering they didn't see this attack coming. FBI is probably better at what it does than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Pakistan has released a statement comdeming any suggestion they are involved or linked to the attacks in Mumbai. India begs to differ.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

Agree it is very disturbing. Someone was talking about how worried Pakistani's are that India is going to try to occupy. Can we just have a few years of peace in the world for the love of God?

We will never have peace as long as the greedy elite control everything.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Seriously, would ANY country be so stupid as to try this and even go specifically after US, UK and Israely citizens?? It will be pushed that way of course and pakistan will be 'liberated' or obliterated and i seriously doubt the goverment of that country could not have forseen that, if this is really a 'suckerpunch' of Pakistan without ANY follow-up militarily speaking they must be born yesterday or have had a collective brain-drain if they thought they could get away with it. And i'm really not seeing the reality of that. It's just too obvious if you step outside the MSM bubble and just realize people are generally speaking not keen to see their country in rubbles.

So i'm also calling false flag on this one by the global nasties behind the scenes. Well, time for another ride i guess. It was fun being in a free-ish society while it lasted.

Have a happy apocalypse!

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It also doesn't make sense to send for the FBI if in a matter of hours CNN has already decided who's behind it.

Mixed messages. Either you need to investigate or you don't.

Of course if the FBI or anybody wanted to find out the real culprits - as in who's funding the people who actually did the shooting. Who manufactured the weapons etc. Of course that might cut a little close - so I'm sure it will stop with Pakistan.

Even if it was just [snip] disturbing and not full out planning and paying for it - I know this is more than who they say it is for it to happen like this now.

Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 27/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
It's fishy. India has a billion people or there abouts, you mean to tell me it needs our FBI - when their people know the place far better and the situation.

too odd.

If we have good relations with a country, and our citizens are attacked there, they usually allow the FBI to assist in the investigation. They don't have to allow it though, by any means. The FBI is the US government's investigation bureau, but they are not limited to investigate in only the US though.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

The FBI is getting involved because American citizens were involved, even though in India. This is not such a big deal as you make it out to be. Just Americans looking out for other Americans...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drumist69

And looking out for a friendly nation. India requested help, they're gonna get help.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

too odd.

India does not have its own equivalent to the FBI, but is considering creating a similar organisation. In the mean time, due to a potential international element; FBI, Interpol and British metropolitan police will provide assistance.

The same situation happened after the London Bombings - the FBI provided assistance to British police.

It is not fishy or too odd.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by MasterRegal

Because you're on a conspiracy theory website?

Anyways. I noticed that a report came out saying New York public transportation was at risk of suicide bombings/terrorist attacks. I would expect such warnings/attacks to increase as time comes for Bush to leave office.
I think someone is trying to pull off a flase flag op in the US in hopes of increasing whatever intel agency's buget.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusernameIt's fishy. India has a billion people or there abouts, you mean to tell me it needs our FBI - when their people know the place far better and the situation.

Not fishy at all. LOL. Do you think nations get status by a draw of straws? Seriously...wake up.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this.

I've been checking in with the news here and there throughout this event, most at the MSM outlets (namely CNN, but others as well). Once the survivor stories started, and eye-witnesses began calling in and being interviewed, I was struck by how often the reporter or anchor would interrupt the eye witness in order to ask how the person felt. In other words, the witness would be relaying a timeline, or telling the events, and the reporter would interrupt them to say, "OK but how do you feel?"

One witness in particular was at the Taj and saw the gunmen firsthand and was giving his account. But wait, enough about the facts and details, how do you feel?

Another witness was a blogger who was out on the streets shortly after the blasts, taking pictures. He was telling what he saw. But wait, how did that feel, being out on the streets in such a scary situation?

Why ask this?

The only answer I can come up with is to focus on the fear of the situation.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join