It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

Hi Corvin77 - your experience sounds very interesting - what makes it stand out is the shared experience with your sisters and friends - not just yourself.. I do not know how to award you a star on here - but you deserve one for being open and helpful to the thread creator.

For everyone...
Like a lot of things in this world, I do not think that there is one simple answer.

a) yes I am sure a lot of experiences that people have are sleep paralysis and other tricks of the mind in the sleep/awake twilight zone. It has happened to me a few times. The worst was when I thought someone had broke in during the night - could hear unusual noises that woke me, but I simply could not move at all... That inability to move was quite unnerving.
b) I am convinced (through both personal experience and that of others) that the spiritual nature of our universe hold a lot of surprises for us. I have heard similar to what both the thread author and others describe several times - including the physical effects on the physical world around you and movement of objects etc - as well as the personal attack.

I strongly think that when someone has these experiences - we need to listen and be helpful - we do not know initially what is going on and most of the time neither do the people having the experience – it is a frightening “out side of one’s control” time.
Most are looking for human re-assurance after such an experience, then explanation.

Obviously one needs to look at sleep paralysis, bad dreams caused by food & watching films etc, drugs (prescription and hallucinogenic) use etc before going down the alien or sprit route of investigation. But certainly the latter does occur and is real...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
First off this isn't a story it was a real event that just happened to me last night secondly.....

I know it was a real event. I experienced a very similar thing and posted it here.

Try not to let people who don't understand get to you. And thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

That does happen to me, kind of. But my bed doesn't shake.

First, I have had sleep paralysis on and off since I was a teenager. Scary stuff, but I never see anything. And I am not a religious person- I am actually an atheist. When they first started though I did expect to wake up with the old hag on my chest like in the famous picture, but that never happened. Never saw a light, though, either, or any entity of any kind.

I will try to be delicate here, as I don't want to anger any mods... as far as the other sensation you described, that started happening in my mid to late twenties, but only when I nap. I've gotten to the point to which I can control the dream. I know I am not doing anything to myself, as I am semi-conscious when it happens. And, um, I am usually very happy a few times over. The reason I don't think it is supernatural is because, like I said, I can control the dream, which I can't do in a deep sleep.

I LOVE NAPPY TIME!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
When he looked up this demon lady grabbed his arm, and my brother courageously grabbed her arm, and they both gasped in fear. He said the demon looked just as scared and open mouth at the exact same time as him. I believe it then vanished after this.

Well that fits exactly with my experience (link above). It got very scared when I tried to grab her, and fled after that. It seems they don't like being touched at all...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by s0ndernet

Hi "chapter29"
These things DO happen. They are definately evil spirits. Do not be afraid. There are many many stories like yours out there, so don't feel alone. DO say your prayers, especially ask the help and protection of St. Michael the Archangel. If you can obtain some holy water and blessed salt (which carries an exorcism prayer and protects powerfully against evil) sprinkle it in and around your bed.

Sometimes the evil spirits attack in this way when there has been sexual abuse, like being molested when you were a child. So pray against demons of molestaion in Jesus' name, if that's the case.

Ignore the idiots who have NO CHARITY and are TOTALLY NOT FUNNY (except to themselves). They will reap what they sow.

God bless and protect you. I will pray for you.

why does your god..and his angels..only help when you beg them too?...

if i saw someone being abused id help without being begged...im like that....

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Your not alone this is my experience www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes it does feed off sexual energy and i hate it when those creatures do that. Somettimes i think they are also other human astral travellers who know how to get intouch with other humans through this state and do that. Its called astral rape. Indians would refer to it as black magic.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Too bad people came in here and immediately made fun of you or trivialized your experience. While I haven't had the experience you've had in terms of visually seeing a "demon" or anything, Lucid Dreaming I experience quite often. The paralysis is something that occurs off and on as well and each time there is a definite feeling of malevolence. As mine occur as I'm going to sleep (AFAIK, after all I don't always check the clock and you can "sleep" for hours and wake up thinking you blinked) I wonder if it's just me being afraid because my body is shutting down it's motor control so I can sleep safely. Fascinating subject and important to get more knowledge in my opinion.

Regarding your take on being a "warrior for good" based on unconditional love, is this something that started recently for you? Any major shifts in your worldview? What is your "religious" (I use that term for lack of a better one) viewpoint?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
why does your god..and his angels..only help when you beg them too?...

Because they are not allowed to. They cannot intevene with your experience in this realm unless you give them permission to do so. The law of non-intervention is real, and all beings of Light obey it.

No one mentioned begging. But you do have to ask.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
Man - I sure wish something would come and take me in the night - vibrant my vagina to the point the bed shook - then send me home unharmed! Unashamed and Un--pregnant.

Now thats an AWESOME night!

I wouldnt be complaining - Id be inviting he - she - it - they back anytime!

What are you doing on Saturday night?

Srry I couldn't resist that one...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
Man - I sure wish something would come and take me in the night - vibrant my vagina to the point the bed shook - then send me home unharmed! Unashamed and Un--pregnant.

Now thats an AWESOME night!

I wouldnt be complaining - Id be inviting he - she - it - they back anytime!

Remind me to pop around with my invisible cloak and my box of pnuematic tools, you'ss be dreaming your house was on a fault line.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Dude, you ever consider the psychadelics may be giving you flash backs ?
Being a "willing warrior" and all that, is for sure a loose grip on reality to begin with. Compounded by the previous pill popping I can imagine your future will no doubt involve a few more threads like this , or many a sunday testifying to the deluded.

You can give your cheques to a pastor or a shrink the choice is your but for god sake man don't have children.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

OK, but how would that work? In my case, I nap at varying times on varying days. That would mean someone who knew how to astral project, knew when I was going to nap, and was interested in doing that to me while I slept was doing it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The only thing i did differently before going to bed last night was recognize my creator and reminded myself and my creator that i am a willing warrior/soldier in the spiritual army of light/good what have you.
I then said a few prayers for friends and family who are struggling in life.
Most nights i don't pray but because of a discussion earlier in the night regarding spirituality i thought to spend time doing so.
I think in offering to be a soldier i set myself up for a battle, it wasn't even 2 hours after praying this that i awoke to this experience.

Yes. If all true, and im not doubting, then this is the reason you were picked out by such and such entity to be messed with. But IF this is true, then saying or thinking some "POWER WORDS" could've freed you from the situation, I'm sure you've read near death experiences where the person feels like they're being attacked by demons until saying things to do with Jesus, God, Bible etc. Then the 'evils' would back off, I always thought "why would they back off from words?" but then I remember, in the spirit, all things are like sound, and sound is vibration.

Your bed and nuts were vibrating, your whole body was likely doing it too. But thats pretty nuts, although I will say there is a hazy area SOMETIMES between awake and asleep. One time I woke up "asleep". Sounds dumb, but I mean .. my body and brain were asleep, but then my eyes and conciousness came to and I was awake instantly but my body was still asleep. I woke my body by intentionally telling it to move but had I not it would've remained in sleep state. I look to my right side immediately, the part of the bed thats empty since my ex-gf has been gone :-D, and I saw a little .. shadow frame of a figure, was too dark to see detail, kinda looked like a cat looking down at me, was that small, only a foot tall maybe. Or maybe a 1 foot tall being with a shaw over their head. As I thought "I cant believe THAT!" and my instantly got excited, it was gone, vanished if you will.

I dont know .. I still think I projected it outward FROM my brain onto my reality, like a canvas, just my subconcious did it. Pretty neat.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
call upon the Lord
rebuke that ^^&^$#%R

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaverto
Kinda freaky, it is strange that there appears to be "universal archetypes" which define the content of most dreams as defined by Jung.

What I find even more intriguing is the fact that many individuals who have taken '___' in a clinical trial with no knowledge of each other's experiences consistently report seeing the same phenomenon in almost the exact same sequence.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.erowid.org...'___'.shtml

www.youtube.com...

By no means am I a proponent of taking drugs but I do find this very interesting on an intellectual level. It uses a chemical produced by your pineal gland in the center of your brain.

A bit off topic but i dont mind a '___' plug.

Your right about this phenomenon being an archetype thats for sure. Good old Jung.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by s0ndernet]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
What you experienced is called ASP, or Awareness during Sleep Paralysis, and appears to be very real while you are experiencing it.

I'd be willing to bet that you have very vivid dreams and wake up standing outside of your bed, or you talk in your sleep. Your sleep switch is screwed up. Do you snore?

I know, I know, it seemed VERY REAL. It's not.

The downside of this is that the more you talk about it, or read about it, the more you experience it. I could go into my own experiences, but I won't because I don't want to have them again. Let's just say I sometimes wake up screaming.

Good sleep habits are a must. You should try to go to bed about the same time every night and really not get sleep deprived (this will bring it on more than anything else).

If you find yourself in the middle of sleep paralysis, if you can remember to tell yourself you're only experiencing ASP, you can turn it into a lucid dream. The last time this happened, I was having a particularly vivid experience of an alien eating my leg, I though to myself, "This isn't real" and I floated through the wall of my bedroom, and started flying outside among the angels who had a message for me. It was a wonderful dream. After that, it never happened again.

It's very important that you realize what is happening. Do NOT sleep with a loaded gun or weapon of any kind nearby. Make sure you tell anyone who sleeps with you about your issues. Sleep deprivation and stress will bring this on and you ARE capable of violence during an episode.

Sleepwalking article

Wow. Thanks for the input. What you describe sounds dangerous.
I am interested in the idea of turning the paralysis into a Out of Body Experience which is what you had experienced, not a Lucid Dream...if i have my terms correct.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I see a lot of people bashing such stories, marking them as unreal, but more and more people are admitting that it happened to them as well. I have sleep paralisis from time to time. I have never seen anything near me, although I did feel strong energy (mostly near my head). And it usually happened after realizing some kind of truth or taking another step towards a peaceful life. This includes thoughts about the true creator.

I have to agree there are people here using the idea of the creator to pursue their goals, to drain people of thier emotions and further inflict guilt and obiedience.

I am sure though, that there are many here, that think of the creator (not speaking of the demiurge) as an entity that doesn't need prayers, chanting and obiedience.

And I know there are many here, that are being "attacked" in the way the OP has told every time they come to the inevitable realisation, that the true creator is not a vengeful god. Everytime I set my life straight, living not only for myself, when I remove guilt, fear and egocentric behaviour out of my life, I get such incidents.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hyperenity

I tried to U2U you cause I've had many similar experiences but I guess I need 20 posts here before they allow me to do that *sigh*

Anyways, the most recent was about 2 or 3 months ago. I had just put up my testimony on youtube of how I left Wicca for Christ. I got a great response from it and I think I annoyed some forces. That night I had a lucid dream...I was on my couch and had these creatures pulling at my arms and legs. I had my head in the pillows and was calling on Jesus. I finally broke free and fell to the floor. I finally got to my feet and with confidence started to recite the Lord's prayer. The room filled with light and a door appeared. I walked through it and then I awoke.

These are definitely spiritual attacks. Call on him and they will always disappear! Remember you are his and they have NO power over you. They are just trying to shake you up.

Have you had any where they were dragging you through your house?! Those will also be lucid and are terrifying.

That sounds horrendously frightening!!
No dragging, i've never had a sleep paralysis experience with contact until this time. I only had the 'something in the room' feeling before.

Something that i dont want to confuse here is that IN MY EXPERIENCE i was not asleep when i saw this thing. I had already consciously broken 2 levels of dreaming, saw and recognized my bedroom and broke the paralysis of my eyes and head/neck before i turned to see this being. There was no point at which i was 'more awake' then the point at which i saw this thing for a brief second as it disappeared or i lost the vision to see it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Personally I am open minded and believe that literally anything is possible. I also consider myself spiritual (though I know that means different things to different people) so please don't take this as a discounting of your experience, as I truly do feel that anything is possible.

If not for your past medical history I wouldn't be saying this, but because of it, I would seriously consider seeing a doctor and having yourself screened for a recurrence of your cancer or other abnormalities. I know it may sound unlikely that there could be a connection between cancer and such an experience, and I know you said you know with certainty that this was real, but it is entirely possible for hallucinations to be every bit as vivid and real seeming as reality; they don't have to be distinguishable from reality at all, in fact. Waking in a hypnagogic state makes those distinctions even less clear, potentially.

Again, I'm not saying that this is the cause of your experience. I just feel that one shouldn't neglect the physical in favor of the spiritual, or vice-versa, and that if there is any chance - however small - that this could be a medical issue, I would be doing you a disservice as a fellow human being if I didn't make this recommendation. (One explanation doesn't exclude the other either, in my opinion, so proving one wouldn't disprove the other.)

I'm not someone who doesn't believe in things or who is close minded to the other possibilities; in fact I'm quite the opposite. It's only because of your specific medical history that I mention this. I just don't want you to have untreated cancer or something else when this experience might (however unlikely) have been a first warning symptom. Many people aren't lucky enough to get such a warning, if that's what it was. Please at least consider it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here is my two cents:

I have experienced sleep paralysis many times and had many OBE's.
These demons is something interdeminisional. The closest theory I found was reptilians or draconians- which is why they may have horns or scaly type epidermis. They are also known to change form back and forth to human figure.

or maybe, just maybe, these things are the real vampires. Good luck in your sleep travels. Maybe I will see you one day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join