It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There is something more sinister in all of this.... Why do you think several presidents have made mention of a "shadow government" and a "New World Order."

Those people that we know as being in power are not the ones really in power, and its not happening just in the States.

You think what happened in Spain is good? Tell me a country that is communist and respects individual freedoms. Spain will slowly deteriorate and become another China, or former USSR or Cuba.

It is my firm belief that all the presidents that have mentioned this "shadow government" and "NWO" are realizing what is happening and are trying to stop them from taking all over the world.

You can be sure that American soldiers, at least most of us (I am not active but once you were a US soldier you will always be one) would fight for the US, if anyone is going to try to take this country over is going to be the UN with their blue helmets.

The UN is the most cynical organization in the world. They say they fight for the rights of others, but more than often it has been the US and some other countries who have "helped" with the freedoms of others.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've been to Singapore six times (even got some medical work done like journey). And when I was thinking of countries that are freer than the USA, Singapore was the last place that crossed my mind. Though, having been to a few places in South East Asia, I can say for certain that Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei Darussalem are more free than the USA.

I think before you start claiming how great it is to live somewhere, you have to at least visit the place first. Inno, I suggest you come stay in USA for a while. I have a friend from Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia that could only put up with a year and a half of the University of Southern Florida in Tampa. You'd think that he would have wanted to stay in one of the more pleasant areas of the country.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

The First and more than likely ONLY step that everyone needs to do is VOTE THESE POWER HUNGREY THIEVING BASTARDS OUT OF OFFICE.

Our forefathers understood that this would happen that is why we have the voting process and if that fails the right to bear arms.

I like your attitude Amuk and I agree with most of what you have to say.

The problem is our voting system has become corrupt with money, only those backed by large amounts of money can even think about running for office. While I understand that we want successful folks running for office, it has gone way beyond that.

Even after good people get into office our system is so corrupt they can't make much of a difference. Starting new programs is easy compared of getting rid old programs full of waste. The system is top heavy and I doubt we can change it without starting over. They are all looking to protect their programs wastefull or not in order to protect their own job.

Half the people in this country don't ever believe what the second ammendment was for. It's getting watered down more everyday. I see a few different types of people who oppose gun ownership, the ignorant who have bought into the lie of making us safer, those in power who don't want us shooting their kind when everything goes "amuk".

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hey I've lived in Brunei and Malaysia and my Dad moved us to Australia coz he's western and wanted us to grow up in a western country coz they are more free... I have never been to the states (although i would love to visit so if anyone is offering free accomodation in Florida, NY, New Orleans or California... hell anywhere that there is pretty american girls i'm happy with... let me know... but back to the point)... if Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore are freeer (to many e's... no not the letter : )) than the states i dont blame you guys for complaining... Malaysia and Brunei are pretty controlling... In Malaysia recently they have what they call the 'Islamic Police', and if you are islamic (they have I/C's (identity cards) that say wheter your islamic or not) and you are caught doing something 'un-islamic' (drinking, sex out of marriage, eating pig products, etc etc) you get arrested... in Brunei the only way to get alcohol is if you are a foreigner (once again non-islamic is essential) and you bring it in yourself... so if the states are worse than this (and there is more to it than those examples) the situation there is worse than i thought... at least Brunei and Malaysia dont go invading everyone else

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Because insite, as has been stated.....

its the NWO= New WORLD Order.

Leaving the US will not take you from that.

Asia is not stable enough to be or stay free. Islam is booming there too, especially the radicals.

leaving the US is like trading one slave master for the same one. There is no escape.

Relocate. Fight. Die. Those are your only options. You cant flee something thats all pervasive.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Brunei the only way to get alcohol is if you are a foreigner (once again non-islamic is essential) and you bring it in yourself... so if the states are worse than this (and there is more to it than those examples) the situation there is worse than i thought... at least Brunei and Malaysia dont go invading everyone else

I also lived in Brunei for two years. And trust me, no one is controlling anyone else. It's more of a peer pressure thing. If you don't go to mosque because you've sinned or whatever then they just call you a "bad muslim" and shun you. Trust me, Brunei, Malaysia are HAVENS for the black market. I remember drinking beer with the police at three in the morning. Try doing that in America.

The way the government is set up in the US makes it very easy to overregulate the populace. Malaysia and Brunei may seem like fundamentalist states but the truth is they really aren't and you can get away with whatever you want to do.

Skadi, I'm not necessarily talking about when this hypothetical NWO hits. I'm trying to help people understand that the US is not the most free nation right now. And there are other alternatives out there are far less regulated, and plainly more fun to live in.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Ok, My sugegstions apply to everyone BUT colonel. Thats right. DO NOT # WITH COLONEL. He is a big rich black man and he will put the smack down on anyone who dares mistake him for an easy target! And if youre a republiklansman, look out. That big black man beating dents into your roll royce isnt some hoodlum from compton, its the Colonel, and hes commin for your repugnant ass, BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Agree with what in specific Amuk. I would get points deducted so i have to write longer which i just did by writing this. Agree with fighting for the country?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If you would like to do some research on different countries go to:

www.escapeartist.com

They everything you need to know for the American expat.
Jobs, classified ads, housing, travel tips, stories, investing, offshore accounts, ect...

It's a fab magazine.

Check it out.

www.escapeartist.com

Cheers

THey got little goodies such as:

Starting at $35,000
Bocas Del Toro
Panama
Property Type: Lots/Land
Property Details: We currently have a few water lots left, so take advantage now before they are all gone!

These water front lots in Bocas del Toro are approximately 300 square meters (3150 square feet) each, with dimentions of approximately 10 meters by 30 meters each lot. The lots are located on Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro, right on the water in town, with beautiful views accross the ocean towards the mainland.

The area of town is called Saigon, and it is the area behind the airport. These lots are perfect for anyone seeking to build a residential house, boat house, or restaurant over the water with dock access for parking boats, jetski's, etc. The lots are right in town, so utilities are accessible. Plus, the waters on that side of town are very calm, so there is no wave movement.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Word^^^?!?

I'll have to keep that in mind and see how helpful it could be; 'cause I'm out this sum'b*tch as soon as I get a chance!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to go on record as saying :

I still love the USA ! I was born and raised here.

Do I agree with everything that our government does, NO.

Do I want to be told what to do, when to do it and how, NO.

Do I want to go live in another country where things might be better, but might be worse, NO.

I'm not sure if I really believe in the NWO, however I feel that something is coming, some kind of change. Will it be better, who knows, it could be.

We'll just have to wait and see. I know one thing, I'm not going to argue about it, I'm going to live my life and continue to care about people and try to be a good person, I don't know where that will get me, but I'll be happy.

Thank You and Good Day
J

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If I was living in America, I think some of the first things to look for in an alternative home would be an english speaking country, with political stability, a high living standard, and a decent climate.

That narrows it down a fair bit, but Britain, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand would be on my list.

I cannot understand the US fascination with gun ownership. Guns do not make you safe. If everyone has guns, criminals, psychopaths, your crazy neighbors, that does not actually make it safer.

If you had to sleep in a darkened dormitory with 99 other people, would you feel safer if nobody had a knife, or everyone carried a knife. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed

I cannot understand the US fascination with gun ownership. Guns do not make you safe. If everyone has guns, criminals, psychopaths, your crazy neighbors, that does not actually make it safer.

People like you really burn me. Guns do increase security and heres why.

As gun ownership rises, violent crime drops. The more likely that a victim may be armed, the less likely that he - or she - will be attacked. And when victims are attacked, guns tilt the odds in their favor. Government data show that women who don't resist when confronted by an attacker end up seriously hurt 2.5 times more often than women who resist with a gun. For men, it's 1.4 times more often.

In an exhaustive marathon of research, University of Chicago Law School professor John Lott and economist David Mustard analyzed FBI crime records from all 3,054 US counties over a 19-year period (1977-1995). Nothing, they found, had a more decisive impact in lowering violent crime rates than the adoption of ''shall-issue'' laws - i.e., laws giving adults with no criminal record the right to carry concealed handguns.

Such laws are now in force in 31 states. ''Our most conservative estimates,'' writes Lott, ''show that by adopting shall-issue laws, states reduced murders by 8.5 percent, rapes by 5 percent, aggravated assaults by 7 percent, and robbery by 3 percent.'' The effect is especially pronounced in big cities. ''In counties with populations of more than 200,000, concealed-handgun laws produced an average drop in murder rates of more than 13 percent.''

Guns and Safety

Step out of your shell, realize the world is a dangerous place and that sometimes people have to beat it back. If the world was perfect I'd support a banning of firearms but last time I checked the Buffallo Bills havent won a Super Bowl so the world is far from perfect. Get a clue, just cause your afraid of guns doesnt make them any less effective.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i am here because i was blessed enough to incarnate in this physical existence on earth (born here for dummies)...

as to you leaving go ahead run, but i will say this there is no where you can hide from the father of creation, and if you keep allowing your fears to tail you you will never be at peace...

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Warspeed, I believe that Americans have a right to own guns legally. If criminals want to get guns they won't get them legally, so even if legal guns are taken away, criminals will always get guns. They would just get them from the black market to commit crimes.

In the overall good citizens that own guns have never been a problem. The constitution of our country (USA) gives the right to bear arms to all of us, owning guns "legally" is a good way to ensure its a bit harder for criminals to get them.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I feel like leaving the US too, Martial law will kick in when another Terrorist attack happens. Canada is always a safe beautiful place. Cold but seems to be safe and neutral in terms of politics.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
How many gun deaths are there in America annually 10,000 or 20,000 or more? In Australia maybe 20.

All those people that died are not safe now are they ?

How many school shootings do you have ? better arm all the kids so they will be safe eh !

You might feel like a big tough man with your shotgun and your 357 magnum, but in reality some weedy little punk that is a bit faster, a bit smarter, or a bit more lucky will nail you.

When chaos reigns and the riots and the looting begin, it will not be you versus the government, but you versus the other crazy gun nut right across the street. He is scared of you and your gun collection, so he will get you first, probably in the back.

Americans are psycho about guns and their freedom. It is a mental illness. Nobody needs more than one gun. Any guy with real balls does not even need one gun unless it is part of his every day job.

You feel afraid, you need to build yourself up, get fit, and learn one of the martial arts. Guns are for cowards.

The only people that need guns are the army, some law enforcement officers, and hunters/farmers.

By all means come and live in a civilized peacefully safe country, but leave your gun collection behind in the asylum.

You and your family are most welcome here, but not your guns.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by insite
America is lost. This is my belief.

Not yet - but it will be if people don't stop acting like sheep.

Very true, but it is the American way...we find a shepard and follow him...most americans cant even think for themselves or make decisions for themselves, thats why we have all of this stupid # on TV and what not...its quite pathetic actually...and whats even more sad, is there isnt a damn thing that we can do about it

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
An armed society is a polite society.

I don't know where I heard this but it seems to hold true.

Personally, I'd go for Britain.

And it's not only America that is falling apart, it is this experiment we call democracy that has failed as well. It ran for 200 years, and most of them were good, but now the "global economy" is tearing it apart. There is no such thing as global economy. Not unless all members compete fairly, and that will never happen. Why? Because the US seems to be the only country that refuses to realize that other countries aren't competeing as fairly. They are being aggressive economically, and we aren't.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
so.....I guess I am NOT so alone in thinking I want AWAY from here....then I think no, where would I go? I have my son and his education to think about.........so I waffel....LET ME OUTA HERE!..........ok I will stay and take a stand!...............
I am a female......I have never even gotten a gun......I believe in piece and NON violence.......
I wished I was a Canadian and lived in British Columbia................I wished I had the finnacial wherewithall to just pull up stakes and MOVE to Alaska..............but I am practically homeless here working as hard as I do..................single mom single FEMALES income......not so great, believe me.....

I dont know what I CAN do?.....its not like I have alot of choices.....

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join