It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did ATS become the new Neo-Con hangout?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The OP was being INTOLERANT of the same views being repeated over and over and over......

The OP was being INTOLERANT of the same anti-obama views being repeated over and over BECAUSE they were from the right ... and then the OP went on to bash the right .... completely ignoring the fact that the left has spent the last 8 years repeating over and over the same anti-Bush views - even down to 'Bush is the anti-christ' blah blah blah

[edit on 11/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
..... Maybe it all one sided like you say..

I mean surely ATS has never ever sported threads about the possiblity of...

Bush being a Reptilian
Bush declaring himself dictator
Bush stopping the election and declaring martial law

Oh wait.. I found all of those just now using search right here on ATS.

Bush is going out so naturally threads about him are on the decline. Obama is on the way in so threads about him are on the rise.

Its fairly pretty natural around here it seems.

I get the sense that there's all kinds of nutters here. I can't really take seriously an accusation that Bush is a reptilian yet the other two ideas about Bush being a dictator and declaring martial law are more within the realm of possibility given the behaviour and track record of the Bush Administration. Obama has no Presidential track record yet.

Accusing Obama of being the antichrist is no different than accusing him of being santa claus as they are both FAKE.

The neocon fear mongering has been ridiculous and is not in the vein of the "deny ignorance" that this board is centered around.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And this is why threads like this one are completely useless. The main offenders will never listen to reason. You will never be wrong and you feel completely vindicated in your actions.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The OP was being INTOLERANT of the same views being repeated over and over and over......

The OP was being INTOLERANT of the same anti-obama views being repeated over and over BECAUSE they were from the right ... and then the OP went on to bash the right .... completely ignoring the fact that the left has spent the last 8 years repeating over and over the same anti-Bush views - even down to 'Bush is the anti-christ' blah blah blah

[edit on 11/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

As I just wrote, Bush has a track record AS PRESIDENT that cannot be denied. 2000 election, 911, torture, rendition, spying on Americans, Katrina, etc. It is a horrible record.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dunno if this has been mentioned before, cause I didn't read the whole thread...
**** Logical Fallacy: False Either/Or Choice *****
You don't like Obama? you must be a Neo-Con.
You don't like Hitler? You must support Stalin.
You don't like Beef? You must love Pork.
You don't like red? Well you must love blue.

There is more than one option...

Check out Alex Jones, he hates both of them...

People feel Bama is more of a threat because he is a much more charismatic individual, and therefore more capable of selling the NWO agenda. There isn't much point in warning people about Mccain cause he's obviously an idiot and shoots himself in the foot everytime he makes a speech.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HiAliens]

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HiAliens]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree, some threads can be pretty depressing.

But maybe there's some hope even when things look hopeless:

uk.youtube.com...

cheers,

Aelf

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't care if someone is a Neocon.
I don't care if they're religious.
I don't care if they have far right views or left views.

But, the willful ignorance, close-mindedness, bigotry, racism and immaturity are getting to be a bit much for me.

People don't read anymore. They read the title and post without reading the article or the posts in the thread. And they spurt ignorance. Over and over and over again...

This IS an alternative message board, but there's a line between plausible theories and absolute insanity. And 18 threads on the same insane bigoted subject is really enough, you know? The quality of the board is suffering, in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like I'm communicating with 12 and 13 year olds... I'm glad for the popularity of the site, but I am having a really hard time staying interested... I can't find a thread that doesn't deteriorate into childish STUPID bickering with posting, no reading and no listening.

I read this entire thread before I posted.

I don't care what side of the spectrum you lean, but I miss intelligent discussion.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by retzius

why is it people always assume Republicans are the only ones to want to protect themselves, their families and the right of ALL Americans, protected by the Bill of Rights and our Constitution? Dont all people want these things? isnt this a bi-partisan issue? guns, etc? im confused.

Rather, before there even was a bi-partisan split...i believe we all stood for the same issues, more or less, certainly the base rights we established with our bill of rights and constitution..Not sure when this happened..the remarks that these issues fall under the Republican camp of 'problems'.....not sure the point of the OP's thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by retzius

And the ability to change the trends are in whos control?
When you open a topic like "Neo-con hang out", you are not altering the trend, you are adding to it.
If you wish to change the trend, do it! open topics like "I just saw Elvis ridding a humpback whale in the Hudson", if indeed you did see such a thing. Or, "Is it possible that the new area 51 is now being built under the Atlanta Braves Stadium?" if you believe so.
Otherwise, the trend is what it is, the trend.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by retzius

For every anti-obama thread there is at least two anti-bush threads. Just remember that both sides are represented here.

As for the uber religious , they have been around on ATS for awhile. Just look at the creationism board. They just migrate to other sections.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Neo-con stands for "New Conservative" which is actually the more liberal type of conservative, you should like those better than the normal run off the mill conservatives.
That is what you are dealing with here, uber conservatives which is the old- school conservative.

(darn it! drock stole my "uber" thunder!)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by MaxiMillion]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't care if someone is a Neocon.
I don't care if they're religious.
I don't care if they have far right views or left views.

But, the willful ignorance, close-mindedness, bigotry, racism and immaturity are getting to be a bit much for me.

People don't read anymore. They read the title and post without reading the article or the posts in the thread. And they spurt ignorance. Over and over and over again...

This IS an alternative message board, but there's a line between plausible theories and absolute insanity. And 18 threads on the same insane bigoted subject is really enough, you know? The quality of the board is suffering, in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like I'm communicating with 12 and 13 year olds... I'm glad for the popularity of the site, but I am having a really hard time staying interested... I can't find a thread that doesn't deteriorate into childish STUPID bickering with posting, no reading and no listening.

I read this entire thread before I posted.

I don't care what side of the spectrum you lean, but I miss intelligent discussion.

I agree wholeheartedly, and it's sad to see that no one except for me as replied to your points.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but I'll respond to the OP.

I don't know that it's so much neocons per say, I think it's juvenile nut jobs throwing a huge temper tantrum.

I've stopped responding to such posts because almost all the people are irrational, delusional and just dripping with hatred and contempt for anyone who sees the world differently than them. And some are so seriously paranoid they really need to get some help. I mean, there are people here on ATS who seriously believe Obama will institute massive genocide on the American public, abolish the Constitution and force America to become a communist nation.

At this point, I find it amusing. I regularly copy and paste quotes from the Obama haters on this site in e-mails to friends, who get a kick out of them. They're so ridiculous and extreme, I don't think these people have any idea what a great favor they're doing for Obama.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When I found ATS I thought I had found a really cool site to talk about fringe topics.

That being said there are few gems out there to be found but I quickly realized ATS is more a less a dumping ground for people to flop down any topic they want.

So like anything else in our world read with a grain of salt.

Though I will admit the anti-Obama stuff has set me at edge, there is lots of dangerous thought processes going on there.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by retzius

I too have noticed this trend, regarding the OP. As a 4 year member, it appears to have take a serious turn for the worse. The ignorance and hatred being spouted here is mind boggling and perhaps Skeptic Overlords observation of unusual traffic is validated.

Perhaps this is a calling to those that seek to deny ignorance. To shed light upon the Truth and use these forums as a vehicle for understanding.
Our peaceful exchanges have taken on a new face where hate and profanity and just flat out ignorance have somehow taken root on this site.

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth.
The Truth terminates hate,
and restores the Truth.

Peace

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've been viewing ats threads anonymously for months now.. and yes I have to agree with you tenfold. Its the most ridiculously annoying thing to have to deal with. You're completely right, it has been every other thread. C'mon people. Maybe I'm just bitter and jaded because I live in a neo-conservative, bible thumping, don't yew take muh guns, we don't like people who aren't the same skin color, etc.. b/s state.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One of the site admins had made a thread, when the election was still occuring, about where traffic to the site was coming from. They said that there was an influx of republicans, from a republican website/forum.

I will try and find this post.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxiMillion

Not true, here is a definition I go by:

Neo-Con - A shortened term and insult for "new conservative", which unlike the traditional conservative, is more about conserving "moral" values (pro-life, no stem cell research, prayer in school...but very much in favor of the death penalty) over traditional conservative values. Traditional conservatives do not identify with neo-cons because some of the actions of this movement are deemed to destroy the economy, environment, civil liberties, privacy and the essence of a free society in favor of a few in the class of power and it favors a vocal minority of the religious Right. The neo-cons are viewed as blinded from seeing the whole picture because they can only see their own mission and refuse to see anything else.

Only moderate liberals, like a fair chunk of those elected in 2006, share the same religous hot button issues.

Extreme Liberals, like say moveon.org, are against what the neo-cons are for. Someone like Joe Lieberman would be a Neo Liberal, those that believe in corporations and miliatary buildup, as opposed to unions and diplomacy.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Most of you guys must have missed the last election here. It was pretty much the same, there were of course the Bush supporters, there were those of us who were strictly voting AGAINST Bush, rather than for Kerry, there were Kerry supporters, and then instead of Ron Paul supporters, those against the 2 parties were backing the Libertarian candidate (Badnarik?). And it all went down pretty much the EXACT same. Bush won, the righties were full of themselves, the lefties were bitter and starting thread after thread about the election being stolen, Bush not being their president, the near certainty of civil war, the imminent end of the world, etc. And of course, the libertarians were mad because the MSM ignored their guy the whole time, sound familiar? After a few months, it all died down and things returned to "normal" around here.

That said, to the OP...reading the first few posts of yours, I have to say I've seen more anti-Obama phrases in them than anywhere else here on ATS. You said McCain was your guy, are trying to subliminally plant in readers minds' that Obama is the anti-Christ under the guise of an anti-neocon thread?

Here's a shameful trip into the past, lol...

www.abovepolitics.com...

And one more from AFTER the election...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-11-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by retzius

For every anti-obama thread there is at least two anti-bush threads. Just remember that both sides are represented here.

Yeah, but Bush has been the president for nearly 8 years, Obama has been the president for -90 days. I would think the ration should be more like For every anti-obama thread there are at least 10 anti-bush threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join