It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Not sure, I'll have to look into it. I would guess that rule may have been voided if the law permits a search. Perhaps a warrant was attained, or maybe even Obama granted them permission.

I haven't seen any articles that detailed that though - which is weird.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I posted this in another topic on another forum. I hope this clears things up.

No. 08A391
Title:
Philip J. Berg, Applicant
v.
Barack Obama, et al.
Docketed:
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (08-4340)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 31 2008 Application (08A391) for an injunction pending disposition of the petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 3 2008 Supplemental brief of applicant Philip J. Berg filed.
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A391) denied by Justice Souter.

origin.www.supremecourtus.gov...

No. 08A391
Title:
Philip J. Berg, Applicant
v.
Barack Obama, et al.
Docketed:
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (08-4340)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 31 2008 Application (08A391) for an injunction pending disposition of the petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 3 2008 Supplemental brief of applicant Philip J. Berg filed.
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A391) denied by Justice Souter.

origin.www.supremecourtus.gov...

The petition for a writ of certiorari has been denied by Justice Souter. This thread is very misleading. It was not the supreme court that did this, but, it was Philip J Berg.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't want this to look like a shameless plug for a thread of mine, that is not what it is. This is a link to a very relevant thread about this specific topic. IT is a theological question to all Obama supporters. If you felt 110% sure that Obama is the change the country desperately needs, and his Birth certificate WAS false, making him ineligable for the presidency, AND you happened to posses the skills to forge a document like this and help him get away with it:
What would you do?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

One question...
Does it really matter that much? Would it really matter? Does it really matter that much to you the rumors surrounding this guy created by the religious right? You're forgetting that the religious right were behind the mess we've been in for the last 8 years. What if you found out that the religious right were telling you lies for the last 2000 years? What would you do?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I can answer your thread without reading it or getting off topic here. What would I do?

I would do everything that I could do start a movement to reform the government that allowed this man to get this far. Seriously, if anyone truly believes that people in positions of greater power than you, me, or Mr. Berg should have already looked into this. If they have not and an illegal immigran has been allowed to fake his identity through so many high profile places in our country, then more is wrong than the idea of him being president. The whole system is faulty and needs to be wiped out and replaced with all new faces.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

No the Application for injunction pending dispositionof the writ was denied. Not the writ, which your own quote clearly shows. Go back a page and I have provided a link to the case and quoted a section of the proceedings that clearly shows that this case has been appealed. Cases do not go directly to the Supreme Court if they are dismissed or even if they go to trial. They have to go to the Court of Appeals first. Absolutely nothing makes it to the Supreme Court without first going through the entire appeals process. This particular case has been appealed. Once the court of appeals decides one way or another, then it can be taken to the Supreme Court so they can decide to hear it or not, but not before.

This is why you can't find much about it on the Supreme Court's website.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna....I don't understand why people are still saying the whole petition was denied....it's been stated in this long thread about ten times.

To go a step further, according to the Supreme Court rules, they could have kicked the whole writ out to begin with. They didn't even have to ask the defendant to respond. Asking a defendant to respond takes at least 4 justices to agree. It only takes one to deny an emergency injunction....which Souter did.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sdp333

I think it's because some like to pick and choose what they believe about this whole situation and decide before even reading all the facts about it that the other side is completely wrong and couldn't possibly be right. It's either that or everyone who has ignored what I or anyone else has posted that is factual regarding the case has all of us on ignore. Doesn't seem like a great way to find/learn new information to me, but eh whatever floats their boat.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
if anyone truly believes that people in positions of greater power than you, me, or Mr. Berg should have already looked into this.

Oh yeah we've all heard that too I mean if this guy weren't legit then why hasn't the FBI CIA NSA said something by now and ya know what? You'd have to ask them but one thing I do know is none of them have said they have seen where the vaulted BC says this guy was born either so it doesn't matter what some think they would know, it only matters what they DO know and so far,, we have no more reason to think they know anymore than anyone else that hasn't seen it

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

I am just curious, because I don't know, have we seen the 'vaulted BC' for McCain?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

One question...
Does it really matter that much? Would it really matter? Does it really matter that much to you the rumors surrounding this guy created by the religious right? You're forgetting that the religious right were behind the mess we've been in for the last 8 years. What if you found out that the religious right were telling you lies for the last 2000 years? What would you do?

Let's assume you LOVE Obama, you are one of those who feel he is really the change we need, he is going to bail America out of the mess that George W. and all the republicans have got us into

no excuse for replying to me without even reading the VERY FIRST LINE of the topic you are posting about! holy crap. Just don't reply if you haven't bothered to read the very first statement in the thread. Is this a habit of yours?anyway, yes it does matter. I think you have mistakingly assumed that i have a right or left pretext in mind with the question posed, I do not. I am equally sure that the religious right HAS been lying to me pretty steadily, i also believe the radical left doesn't give crap-all for me either. The question is one of ethics, assuming that Obama is the one man who will change things, save the economy, all the things i want for this country, and his ONLY flaw was where he was born, would you help the man get into office and get past that hurdle by cheating? I would personally. i don't see how I could say no when i knew it would be good for the country like no one has EVER been able to produce. For sake of the exercise I am saying that Obama would be a saint, the birth place would be the absolute only negative. The answers I am getting are pretty surprising, many people are saying they would help also.
Another reason this is "an important question" is that this is probably how people get involved in messy cover-ups and what have you most of the time, the KNOW how dirty the other side is and see them getting away with things they consider worse, so they try to protect their guy from getting in trouble. It's quite relevant, if you really just don't see it i could give more examples; but to answer your question, yes it's important, and maybe you should have read it before commenting assuming i thought i was being told the truth by the religious right as you imlied...geesh. nothing wrong with saying, "I didn't read it because i thought it was a stupid idea." That's what you shoulda done.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

well my respons was i WOULD help him, remember that we are assuming he would be the greatest president EVER and would be EVERYTHING his followers believe him to be, the birth place is the only flaw, the only one, in this theological question. I also stated that if by my doing so (helping him cheat) it opened the door for others that were not natural born to try the same thing later, this was the ONLY condition where i would not help him, no matter how great he would be, because i believe in the requirement and would only let him be the exception as long as no one else would know and the law stayed. you should read and reply though, your opinion is welcome, and you may be surprised what some are saying.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
if anyone truly believes that people in positions of greater power than you, me, or Mr. Berg should have already looked into this.

Oh yeah we've all heard that too I mean if this guy weren't legit then why hasn't the FBI CIA NSA said something by now and ya know what? You'd have to ask them but one thing I do know is none of them have said they have seen where the vaulted BC says this guy was born either so it doesn't matter what some think they would know, it only matters what they DO know and so far,, we have no more reason to think they know anymore than anyone else that hasn't seen it

What really concerns me is that none of the agencies you listed above have confirmed or denied the existence of Santa Claus.

It is because of this that I am CONVINCED that Santa Claus MUST exist!

But the MSM won't carry this story... they are in the pocket of the NWO.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
My Demands to Make This Debate More Intelligent

Someone answer these questions please:

• What is the claim? Is it that he is not natural born? Is it that he was born in Kenya? Is it that he lost citizenship in Kenya? Is it that he lost citizenship in Indonesia?

What is the claim? There has to be a claim or else what the hell are you here talking about?

• What evidence do you have?

• What does Obama need to do for you to be satisfied? Does he need to show the proper authorities his birth certificate? Does he need to show YOU his birth certificate?

Considering the state department of Hawaii has verified that Obama was born there, what else is necessary?

If you can't answer those questions, then you shouldn't be here posting about Obama.

I just want to thank all of you for failing to address any of these legitimate questions.

I think we can all deduce that you have not even began to think of a claim, which is why you lack coherent support, and can't even begin to form a valid theory.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
whether this is a conspiracy or not, when hawaii verifies it is legitimate, the case is dead.

otherwise, the president will have enough power to make sure it IS legitimate if this continues on. things will magically appear if they are not in the correct fashion. people are arguing over an issue that will be crushed in court in a short time. this all originated from GOP scare tactics and trying to disqualify him. it was more public opinion molding than anything. he obviously has the necessary paperwork, and why did Berg wait until it was convenient to bring this up? it was simply a counterpoint to his success, and on dec 1st this nonsense will be over, true or not. because in the end, when you have that much power, you create the truth. there will be no issues with his birth.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDecider

What do you mean when? The State of Hawaii has already declared Obama as being birthed there and a natural born citizen of the US.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I quoted those same pages. Here is my post from 2 days ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
At the bottom of both SCOTUS pages it says Denied by Justice Souter on November 3rd.

Where does it say that any further action is being taken by the Supreme Court?

Not in any of the pages of Orders I linked.

Only on ObamaCrimes, as press releases.
DocMoreau

[edit on 13/11/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Again, the supreme court is not going to mess with this case until it goes through the appeals process. As I showed you twice with links and quotes from the page I linked to. This is why you can't find it on that particular website. It is not at the supreme court, thus they have no real records on it. It is going through the court of appeals now.

Are you intentionally ignoring the information I provided?

That would be a yes. Please continue being confused.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Thank you, I have been saying the same thing in this thread for two days. I have search every Court Order that the Supreme Court has made since the beginning of October, and no where have I found any mention of them demanding Obama provide anything.

The only place that claims that Obama is required to show anything to Berg, is Berg's own website, ObamaCrimes. Those are in press releases released a few days after Judge Souter denied the writ certiorari....

I am not sure what else needs to be said in order for this to be considered a hoax, maybe we need to wait until Dec. 1st.
DocMoreau

[edit on 13/11/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I already attempted to answer those by explaining what I see coming from those who are still questioning this before you actually asked those questions, but apparently it wasn't good enough since I refuse to make any claims about something when I do not have access to all the information necessary to form an educated opinion.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join