It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it ok for the US to develop....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Nuclear weapons, but when another country starts to develop one it's suddently "unecceptable "?
I'm an American and I thing this is BS. Let he who is without nuclear weapons cast the first stone!

The USA are not developing nuclear weapons.
They already developed them long ago.
The current ideology of the majority of the world is to REDUCE nuclear arms not make more and have more country's developing them.
The US and Russia already have there stockpiles and many of them are slowly being deactivated.
The fact is full scale global nuclear war will kill every single living thing on this planet therefore it is completely useless for anyone to engage in.
We need to be reducing nuclear weapons, for all, not be having third world country's trying to develop more of them.
How dare you threaten the destruction of the whole planet, with your mindless rhetoric of "he who is without nuclear weapons cast the first stone".
You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
[edit on 7-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

thats bull# those innocent civilians are the same ones who will shoot you in the back. they are the innocent civilains who strap bombs on themselves. there are no innocents in a war

They are the same innocent civilians that have American terrorists on their soil. They are the same people that stand up to a bullying nation who have troops in every far flung area of the world for the sake of greed, or at the whim of their so called leaders.

I ask all Americans one very simple, yes or no question... but no one ever answers it in these type of debates.

If any other country was to set foot on your soil and not leave, as you did in Iraq. Would you fight them or not?

respects

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
babies grow to be terrorist. but thats besides the point.

And American babies can grow up to be evil corporate elitists, child molesters, or even serial killers. We should nuke ourselves to prevent this from happening. Can I get a raise of hands for this?

the point is that we need to protect our own. our own people. our brothers our sisters our parents.

I agree protecting our own Nation's People is a priority. Just not at the expense of massive innocent life. What values and ideals are we exactly protecting that that point...

we shouldnt care about the people who have the ability to do harm to us.

Everybody has the ability to do harm. No person or Nation is an exception to this.

why should we care about countries or people in the countries that clearly dont like us or our views.

OR? Hopefully the WMDs are as selective and can target those specific people

BTW can you list these countries?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

WMD's being more selective is an oxymoron. and as for the countries that pose a threat to America are China, Russia, Iran, North Korea. there are others but these are the major ones.

let me ask you a question. would america be as powerful today if it didnt develop and use the nuke before anyone else?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

people like me bring it to ruin? funny i always thought it would be people like you who lay down their hands afraid to hurt someone else while their own country is destroyed.

I never said I'd lay my hands down while my country is attacked. I believe we have to go there and stop those who attacked. But I unlike you, think of the bigger picture, and the future of my children, and their children.
All I'm saying is that we have to change this mentality because fighting like we are now is just temporary. In order to stop people from wanting to hurt us in a global level we need to stop stepping on so many toes. We are not the world police. Fighting wars ain't gonna stop the pposite side from not liking us.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Very good point and consider this. No other country except America has actually used a bomb of such massive destruction. ie: Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

America spends more on military weapons of mass destruction then any other country and yet we have millions of citizens that are homeless, jobless and with no hope of medical care.

Why? Because many people can always see another's faults but refuse to concentrate on their own shortcomings.

People are so easily manipulated into "fear mode" by our politicians and corporate heads so they don't question their "blood money" going into making more and more and more and more weapons.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Perhaps so, but that outcome is purely speculative.

No, it really isn't. The Japanese themselves wrote about their preparations to fight against the American invaders. They showed US troops training centers, and showed them the women using any weapon they could get fighting dummies and their preparations. They proved that they were ready to fight if necessary, but the Emperor told them to surrender and his word was law.

Yes, it really is

Wrote about it? Showed women defense training?

American civilians also show and talk about how they are willing and able to defend themselves against the US Military under Martial Law, or that they will resist a gun confiscation.

It doesn't matter how they trained. Or how much conviction they had. The outcome is speculation at best. There is way too many variables to conclude they would have fought to the bitter end, barre none. Especially if we are to base it purely on what you just described.

And I am even familiar with Samurai Code mentality

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

people like me bring it to ruin? funny i always thought it would be people like you who lay down their hands afraid to hurt someone else while their own country is destroyed.

I never said I'd lay my hands down while my country is attacked. I believe we have to go there and stop those who attacked. But I unlike you, think of the bigger picture, and the future of my children, and their children.
All I'm saying is that we have to change this mentality because fighting like we are now is just temporary. In order to stop people from wanting to hurt us in a global level we need to stop stepping on so many toes. We are not the world police. Fighting wars ain't gonna stop the pposite side from not liking us.
Here's a thought, like you said babies grow up to be terrorists, and the US grow up to be one of the most hated country in the world, especially in the Middle East for no reason, just like the " babies " as you said.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

fighting is natural. everyone one fights. animals and humans alike. (anyone who says animals dont have wars needs to watch animal planet.) so we will always be in danger. whether it be about resources or land or money the chance of attack is there. we need to strike first or atleast make it appear as if we are ready to strike. having a large supply of nukes like america does shows the world that we will destroy yuo if we have to.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

WMD's being more selective is an oxymoron

Um yeah, that was my point

Guess I was too subtle.

and as for the countries that pose a threat to America are China, Russia, Iran, North Korea. there are others but these are the major ones.

Woa time out. Pose a threat? That's not what you just said nor what I was responding to. You said entire countries that don't like us. So again, can you list them?

let me ask you a question. would america be as powerful today if it didnt develop and use the nuke before anyone else?

Maybe not. Maybe outside forces would have invaded conquered. Maybe. But it was not the nukes that directly gave us our power, it was our economy.

Personally I would rather our World be united under one Nation, under a common good, common ideals, for a common purpose. So I am not some die hard loyalist to the idea of America being this separate World Power.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

dont play games you know exactly what we are talking about. not everyone in a country can hate the exact same thing but if enough of them do then that country poses a threat. if that country has the means to do anything that can kill our people that poses a threat. and i rather have dead innocents over there then over here.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

fighting is natural. everyone one fights. animals and humans alike. (anyone who says animals dont have wars needs to watch animal planet.) so we will always be in danger. whether it be about resources or land or money the chance of attack is there. we need to strike first or atleast make it appear as if we are ready to strike. having a large supply of nukes like america does shows the world that we will destroy yuo if we have to.

I'm no longer gonna reply to your comments as you just proved to me here that you have a narrow minded view uncapable of seeing things outside your bully mentality. Yes we should pile about 100 mukes preferably outside of every airport so that everyone from different countries can go back and say " don't mess with them they got nukes ". It's been terrible typing with you guy, and don't bother posting a reply to me, I won't read it, but I gotta admit you got a point there. Why allow other countries to exist if they probably won't agree with us, and pose a threat in future wars. Lets just nuke them all now so that theres no more threat to our children in the future. It's more practical that way. *sigh*

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm no longer gonna reply to your comments as you just proved to me here that you have a narrow minded view uncapable of seeing things outside your bully mentality. Yes we should pile about 100 mukes preferably outside of every airport so that everyone from different countries can go back and say " don't mess with them they got nukes ". It's been terrible typing with you guy, and don't bother posting a reply to me, I won't read it, but I gotta admit you got a point there. Why allow other countries to exist if they probably won't agree with us, and pose a threat in future wars. Lets just nuke them all now so that theres no more threat to our children in the future. It's more practical that way. *sigh*

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Redneck from Hell]

well its not a mentality if its natural. and maybe your narrow minded to see the world for what it really is. we need fear. we need nukes. we need war. and only a child who cant prove a point runs from an argument. you call me narrow minded well maybe you just give up too fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

and as for the countries that pose a threat to America are China, Russia, Iran, North Korea. there are others but these are the major ones.

l

Then surely that must tell you that it is the American government that are the ones upsetting other people ?

Normal people just want to live their lives in peace.........Only Governments want wars.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

like i stated above maybe you dont want war but we need war. war is nessacery. it keeps the population down. it keeps other countries in check. ever get into a fight in high school? was it wanted? but it was necessary otherwise you'd be a loser.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Amazing, just utterly amazing. Ermmm to all you " jocks" spouting bravado while " being out of range" , a small bit of information,
Nukes = no more America, no more we are better than you, no more better we get them first attitude. WE ARE ALL GONE !

God, the quicker we get ww3 over with so we can start again the better.
N.Tesla, you genuinly scare me.

respects

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

So would you please explain how building a nuclear bomb benefits humanity?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader

So would you please explain how building a nuclear bomb benefits humanity?

well you see thats where we went off topic about 2 pages ago. i said that studying nuclear energy is a benefit to humanity.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I am not playing a game. What game was I playing?

Correct. Not everyone in a country hates, dislikes, or wishes us ill. And who else then the innocent civilians in those countries? This is my point. Dropping nukes and killing these people is immoral and unjustified. If we are to feel proud for protecting our great Nation, then let us define what it is we are proud of shall we? I for one would not be proud of protecting a Nation full of people with your absolute disregard for human life and blind nationalism.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I am not playing a game. What game was I playing?

Correct. Not everyone in a country hates, dislikes, or wishes us ill. And who else then the innocent civilians in those countries? This is my point. Dropping nukes and killing these people is immoral and unjustified. If we are to feel proud for protecting our great Nation, then let us define what it is we are proud of shall we? I for one would not be proud of protecting a Nation full of people with your absolute disregard for human life and blind nationalism.

immoral maybe unjustified nope. if people from their country attacked us then they should pay the consequences yet them lchange their soceity. if the people all knew that terrorism or whatever is wrong then nobody in that soceity would do it. but these people are glorified.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join