It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Obama's Black Widow Dress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just wondering about the Black Widow dress that Michelle Obama wore last night at her Husband's POTUS acceptance speech. Any Subliminal Messeges, Illuminati secret codes, or hidden meanings?

Or maybe like what happened to Jackie O?

So that weird blocky criss-crossy thing Michelle Obama wore last night was by Narciso Rodriguez, based on his Spring 2009 collection. Maybe it looked really awes More..ome up close for as a Holloween Costume?

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't think it was a black widow dress or even subliminal message... Get over the conspiracy Sh*t

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I really liked the cut of that dress, but I thought the colors could have been better... maybe just something complimentary, rather than that contrasting.

Really, there's no conspiracy there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It really was strange ..and tacky really ...I would not have worn it ...
Was it Mohair ? it looked like it ....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Er... looks like a black and red dress. Looks like a nice dress. You could probably where it to Church, or a funeral... or say... a political rally.

Yeesh.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
*sigh*

It's only been 24 hours and it's already getting old.

I think you reading a little too much into things.

Ex

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What would you have her wear?
White , like a bride
Blue, too democratic
Green, too money
or
Red, maybe a subliminal message that she respects the GOP

I was not fond of the colors in the dress,
but then I wasn't wearing it!

It's all personal perspective!

Let's stand together, Unite with a common goal.....
getting off of oil would be a start.

Grants to universities for research
that isn't backed by the oil companies themselves!

Let's get real.......and make a serious disaster responce
so, Katrina will never happen again.

More...........and so much more........

But I feel we have taken the first step!

Unite!!!

(I wouldn't have cared if she came out in her skivies)

All white folks are to report to the cotton fields
tomorrow morning, for orientation!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

i just have to say totally agree with all you said here,no i didn't like it but it did suit her & i would say was obviously her own chose, shows she has an individual style not prepackaged, so that shows she is very independent, good, i think,oh n do i really have go do cotton fields like so many poor souls suffered.its a new day,peace,& change is whats needed, we in uk are very inspired by your new leader, now get the old dick taker out eh,make them pay for the mess they got this world in.,heres hoping mr Obama doesnt get blocked by old thinkers along the way,good luck to him his family,

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I thought it was tacky looking, and better suited as a paint job for ZZ Top's car or a halloween costume. All she needed was a pitchfork. I think it was the color combo of red and black and the blurry appearance of the red looking flame like that made me think that.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neverknwo

There were two other threads on this subject already. No, I don't think it had any hidden meanings, that the colors were symbolic, or that the black widow style was a foreknowledge of doom against Obama. It was just.... ugly, IMHO. Everyone has their own style, though.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Most unfortunate way for 1st lady to start out. To put it in perspective, what if barrack had worn a zoot suit or a Nehru jacket. It wouldn't hurt anything but it kind of makes you wonder what kind of person does that. Was she just trying to steal her husbands thunder by wearing such a starkly contrasting outfit? I wonder. You would think she would make sure that her husband got the spotlight, but she evidently didn't, did she?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neverknwo

The significance I see in Obama's red dress is that it reminds me of freemason attire. The red around the the waist and down almost to the knee looks similar to the aprons masons wear. The red around the colar bones reminds me of the neckless-type of attire that masons wear. I can't find much correlation to the red besides the fact that Red is the color of the dems. However, there is the Red Cross of Constantine which I might be stretching here.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Wow, I have to admitt I never saw the dress as a symbol of a black widow.....but it all makes sense now........How appropriate......

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow, the depths that the author of that video went to to try and prove their point. Crappy music, screen jumping so you didn't realy get a good picture of it, just back and forth to a black widow and the dress in an attempt to trick the mind into believing the crap they were trying to spout. Ya know, there is not a conspiracy in EVERYTHING. and this is coming from one of the most paranoid guys you could ever meet. Sometimes a dress is just a dress.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Even my husband, who isn't a fashion follower, mentioned the dress and he didn't like it. Said it reminded him of black widow markings.

I LOVED it. It attracted my eye and I could barely break free to watch the girls or Barack. I loved the colors and the unique pattern.

I didn't watch the video, but I suppose that literally a "Black Widow" could be a strange message to send on the night of the election of the first black president, especially since there's already been one half-attempt to run him over and lots of talk about an assassination...

But I doubt it.
I think it was just a very pretty and unique dress.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When people have no clue or understanding of Fashion sense they tend to see what they want to see.

I like the dress, red is one of my favorite colors.

Red is a sexy color, the black was to accentuate the bush line giving the appearance of a higher bust while the black lines on the side were to trim the waist and hip area.

I am Latina and that is the Type of style that suits us also

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Then what is wrong with black widows? They are spiders, not murderers. They are therefore living creatures and acting to will of nature. I think they are nice creatures - capable to live in various environments and have capability to defend themselves. They are not violent murderer's that bite people out of maliciousness.

Respectfully,

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Oh yes let us forget all of our differences - the reasons we are all different. Let us forget right and wrong and thinking and not thinking - and just come together and unite in a circle of "love" as one big happy family. Set aside all of our beliefs and set aside right and wrong, thought from no thought and just "unite" .
Couldn't we all just smoke some crack together and get along..??
Yes I am being sarcastic, fecicious if you will.
Differing viewpoints are good to have.
BTW EX: Getting off of oil - that Dress was probably made from rayon or polyester - those keys you typed on from plastic. that all comes from oil. A whole lot of things come from oil or need it in order to function or be produced. Better think about synthetic oils, and such your solar panels are not only made with oil but also realease nx3 which is 17,000 times the hazard of grenhouse gases, and endures in the atmosphere 5 times longer. We have th tech to create synthetic oil, to use solar thermal power, to use fuel cells - but Obama wants research not infrastructure - where can I fuel my hydrogen car. What do jets use for fuel (changingworldtech.com valcentinc.net) ..We have all of the technology and it is all affordable (excpt automotive fuel cells are 10k). But no infrastructure no push for it - so if you want a good start . better start Hollering at your representatives NOW..Barak and that pittance of 15 billion (how did you like your $150 billion rebate - the oil companies loved it - till it ran out - then their price dropped ..)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a dress is a dress ,if you know what i mean.

i must have dreammed a thousand dreams, been haunted by a million screams, but i see the fire still light and burning into the night. theres too many men, to many people, making to many problems and not much love to go round. tell me why this is the land of confusion.

99 red balloons go by. its all over and im standing pretty, in this place that was a city. one by one, they have come.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

and don't they kill their mate when done with them

<<   2 >>

join