It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple reason all the bees are dying off..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For over a year, the media has been reporting about the dramatic loss of bees in Europe and North America. As many as 50% to 90% of the bee populations have simply vanished, leaving their hives empty and forcing farmers to demand investigations to determine the cause.

At first it was only the honeybees that were decimated -- then the bumblebee populations began to disappear. Bumblebees are responsible for pollinating an estimated 15 percent of all the crops grown in the U.S., worth $3 billion, particularly those raised in greenhouses. Those include tomatoes, peppers and strawberries. The crisis was eventually given a name: Colony Collapse Disorder or CCD.

CCD is a "fake disease!"

But it now appears that a much more basic culprit has killed the bees -- Bayer Corporation. Colony Collapse Disorder is poisoning with a known insect neurotoxin called Clothianidin, a pesticide manufactured by Bayer, which has been clearly linked to massive bee die offs in Germany and France.

Full Article here:
viewzone.com...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
These are one of the reasons... the main reason is monsanto GMO crops and GMO corn syrup being fed to the bees.. couple that with all the other chemicals.. the bees can only take so much.. Once the bees go the rest of us do too..

[edit on 5-11-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If the bee disappears from the surface of earth, man would have no more than four years to live - attributed to Albert Einstein

Yikes...

Been nice knowing you all.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Seriously though there should be major lawsuits against bayer and monsanto for this (if proven to be true) and they should be forced to spend every penny owned between both corporations to fix this. (if that's even possible)

We're literally talking about the collapse of our entire ecosystem, and possibly the end of the human race if this is true.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

According to the sited article,

(08-18) 18:37 PDT -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is refusing to disclose records about a new class of pesticides that could be playing a role in the disappearance of millions of honeybees in the United States, a lawsuit filed Monday charges.

I think most people don't think bees disappearing are a big deal. The more people who are educated on the subject, the harder for the government to hide the cause of the problem.

Definitely starred and flagged....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Bee's aren't dying off. At least, not here. I have had to kill 20-30 in my house just this week. Every time i open the door, 1 gets in.

Of course, i heard the same thing about butterflies a few years back. Now we are picking them out of our windshield wipers daily.

Ebb and flow...that is the nature of our planet.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

decent beat

[edit on 5-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Colony Collapse Disorder or CCD is either a Hoax or bad science.

It's important to provide Bees and other pollen carriers with a diverse range of wildflowers, flowering plants so their honey (food) content is nutritious so their colonies do not suffer malnutrition.

It's this reason why monoariculture and areas with Clothianidin usage is hit so hard. The answer should be in front of these farmers who are having trouble. Poisons and general malnutrition disrupts the food chain from bacteria to human.

Anywhere else, bee populations are thriving! I see them all the time during the summer and early fall gorging on their favorite flowers.

Once farms stop using poisons and starts planting plots devoted to the favorite flower pollens of the bees, CCD will vanish.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some people just do not understand the word "neurotoxin".

I wonder how many people are affected by this.

There is also another neurotoxin that has been sprayed on everything.
It is called AuxiGrow, which consists of 29% glutamate and 29% tyrosine.

For people who are sensitive to MSG veggies sprayed with this stuff can be deadly.

I did hear that AuxiGrow would no longer be used, as it was also suspect of killing the bees.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The CCD issue has many suspected culprits . Chemicals in the environment to new diseases .

Israeli Acute Paralysis

www.ars.usda.gov...

But to me a telling circumstance is the bee keepers hardest hit are the ones who have a large commercial operation honey and pollination services and in the vicinity of heavy agricultural areas . Most of the small operations or back yard beekeepers havent been hit with CCD like the commercial beekeepers have been hit .

And the practice of corn syrup to feed bees to make up for honey harvested places stress on them . Corn syrup made from GM corn with built in pesticides ? Small and back yard bee keepers avoid chemicals that would harm the bees and many feed bees with sugar water instead of corn syrup . And others do it the natural way by not harvesting to the point of needing to feed the bees . But 1 lbs of pure honey is $6-10 and the same amount of sugar or corn syrup is 75 cents economics .

For me the jury is still out on CCD but I lean to the newer chemicals is the cause .

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have a little area of my urban garden dedicated to butterflies and I currently have a dozen or more bees at any given time all over my pentas and mexican petunias. I use no pesticides and leave it up to nature to take care of things and I have seen at least three different types of bees around. I definitely think the bees dying off in certain areas are due to pesticides.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WarrenB

Look at my sig this has been going on for ages,

Yes its Monsanto according to the best research, at least in Europe.

OR could be as well electromagnetic pollution due to microwaves and Telefone Masts everywhere, a bit like the Whales and Dolphins getting lost and beaching themselves due to the Noise Pollution of the Sea.

The Bees it seems cant find their way back to the Hive, as their Maps are all fuzzy.

The Einstein Quote Is An Urban Myth He Never Said It!

But IMHO I think its true, maybe the truest thing he ever did(not) say besides
"Lunacy/Insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting differant results"

His physics work is slowly unravelling....

elf.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I have a little area of my urban garden dedicated to butterflies and I currently have a dozen or more bees at any given time all over my pentas and mexican petunias. I use no pesticides and leave it up to nature to take care of things and I have seen at least three different types of bees around. I definitely think the bees dying off in certain areas are due to pesticides.

I applaud you on that .

Most people who see the first hint of a aphid or spider mite break out the newest best most deadly bug killer on the market . Instead of lady bugs praying mantis or companion planting .

An area acquaintance lost 3 hives due to negligent use of pesticides this spring the picture he showed was so sad 3 hives on a bench by a field with maybe 150,000 bees dead on the ground in front of the hives inside the hives was a similar thousands of bead bees . Chemicals and nature dont mix .

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I understand that this is an important topic but I just can't stop laughing at that bee-boy dancing video!

I watched it like 4 times and it kept getting more and more funny. But thats just my weird sense of humor.

On a more serious, I just don't understand why we haven't heard of this in the MSM. I maybe have heard a few small mentions of it and every person that I mention it to hasn't a clue what I'm talking about. This should be front page news! I mean if it's true we have a very limited time to fix this before it starts to drastically affect our ecosystem!

Give glaobal warming a rest for a while and focus on saving the honey bees!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My biology professor explained to my class that the disappearance of the bees was actually caused by temperature abnormalities and human interference.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Why haven't we done something by now,this is the problems we have to deal with before it's too late.They need to be brought to court,and not just a fine but prison terms,as well as closing the corrupt companies that have only profit in mind.For too long now big companies have gotten away with this.I suggest writing to congress as well as senate,and continue untill something is done about it.These people will kill us all if not dealt with.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From what I understood it was only the european honey bee that was dissapearing. There is something like 20,000 different kinds of bees.
Don't really think we have to worry too much.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can someone say "CHEMTRAILS"

All one need to understand why bees are dying, birds are dying, trees are dying, fish,.......

Look up folks. That, is your answer.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
great find there!

this is incredibly important, so i hope many people read this...

without bees, there's no food for us...

but you already knew that

did Bayer do this on purpose?? they have a powerful hand in the drug trade, er... pharmaceutical industry...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join