It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple reason all the bees are dying off..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This reminds me of the movie "The Happening"
I just hope the trees don't start spraying toxin into the air killing us all!
3rd line...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I know I am new here...but here where I live the bees are dying off...My parents still own the small farm that I grew up on and I cant tell you how many times within the last 5 years my parents have had to replace their bee colonies...We have always grown our gardens naturally and fed our animals the way nature intended it to be...I believe it to be true...if the bees go..it wont be long until we do...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is from a Different Bee thread I posted on some time ago,

As though many looking at this now have not seen this issue before and It is very well sourced and amazing information I will repost some of it Below,

Also anyone interested look at My Sig, the link is not up to date but I am on the case NOW after this to make sure it is with this thread included.

This is a very very important issue as even though Einstein never said what he was quoted as about Bees it is pretty much correct, the food we eat depends on it, mmm unless of course we all survive soon on MONSANTO/BAYER seeds that do not produce seeds for next year, this could bring most of mankind to the position of being reliant on a CORPORATION for our source of food, and not the earth itself.

So from this Thread:The Bee Smoking Gun.

Though looking really closely at the ties with the company and the most powerful people on earth… well they are the best placed company in the world…. Did you know that for example

Linda Fisher, Deputy Director, EPA is actually the ex V.P. Of Monsanto & chief lobbyist !! WTF a director of the EPA!!

And the list goes on Rums field, and as bad as the first Ann Veneman, Sec. of Agriculture is on the Board. of Dir. Calgene Pharmaceuticals, owned by Monsanto!!!

So who knows? I know someone who did a Thesis on Bees and Behaviour I have emailed him and when he gets some inside feel will post it here however In the meantime [elf Nov08 She refused to post here:-(]

Almost every European tomato is the result of a vibratory embrace of a bumblebee!

My cheese and tomato sandwich will never be the same again!

Bumblebees are also used to pollinate aubergines and peppers, cabbage and carrot for seeds, kiwi fruits, strawberries, courgettes, aubergines, sweet peppers, cranberries, blueberries and tomatoes for fruit

BumbleBee.Org

Honey bees can fly up to 14 kilometres from their nest in search of food. Usually, however, they fly one or two miles away from their hive to forage on flowers.

And even more amazingly!

Honey bees must consume about 17-20 pounds of honey to be able to biochemically produce each pound of beeswax.

US Gov

Walter Haefeker, the German beekeeping official, speculates that “besides a number of other factors,” the fact that genetically modified, insect-resistant plants are now used in 40 percent of cornfields in the United States could be playing a role. The figure is much lower in Germany — only 0.06 percent

Source “Speigel Newspaper” no Online Resource still available, from natiure magazine.

Maybe just maybe looking at all this information now we can surmise the following.

I like Honey Very Much!

Bees are very very important for the types of life we interact and see, smell, eat and use every day

Bees are cool, friendly and downright Amazing things!

It does not seem to be a Parasite/Disease!

As can be seen from the above links with Monsanto/Bayer and the outgoing Administration this has not been properly handled or taken notice of.

Its a very serious issue and I would not put it past Monsanto/Bayer to want this to happen to make us all rely on buying new seeds that do not produce their own seeds every year.

The ultimate control of any population is not Terror, Jobs and fear, but if they rely on you fro food with no where else to go you can do as you like with them, and they will capitulate, we only need to look at the Concentration Camps in the Second World War for evidence of that, especially inrelation to the Japanese prisoners of War Camps.

Those soldiers would not have Built Train Lines for the Japanese army even if using force etc, but make them starve, they loose their will to resist, cant think clearly and just will do anything to have their next meal.

So this could be one the biggest and stealth conspiracies of Human History, global control and enslavement of the Human Spirit by a Single Organisation producing no means of ever breaking their control, if you overthrow them, they withdraw or destroy the seeds they have and we are all doomed.

far fetched maybe but could slowly evolve to that over a long time period, or even a shorter one if the hives keeps collapsing as they are.

Take a page out of the marvellous WorldWatchers habit on Pg1 of this Thread grow natural plants and flowers the bees like and let them make love to your tomatoes!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

Elf edit for correct Link to Original thread.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL ok.

I wonder why W. TX in particular is not having problems?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i dunno. we have a lot of cotton out here, and a lot of pesticides being used. but it was a dry year, not much cotton to treat with chemicals. and it is like an indian summer right now....maybe a combination of the two?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel4change

On a more serious, I just don't understand why we haven't heard of this in the MSM..

Actually, a while ago there was this docu on National Geographic about the decline of the honey bees. Research showed that, if my memory serves me right, it was a combination of things: chemicals and malnutrition being among them.

They also showed a part in China where the bees had left and men actually had to use a brush to do the insemination of fruit trees. It took the guy interviewed for ever and it was not as effective and efficient as when the bees do it. Go figure.

The thing is, that we have become so horribly horribly detached from Nature that a lot of people don't understand the importance of this and the fact that we are just a part of Nature, nothing more and nothing less. Yet we act as if this planet is just a crazy lab where you can experiment all you want and well the consequences...well who cares....

I was just reading this thread about how bleak the future of the US will be now with Obama in the Oval Office and one poster talked aout people's unending desires and how you can not deny this fact, eek it made me a bit pissed because it is this more more more attitude that is part and parcel of messing up a planet that is not ours.

I do not know how this bee story will end.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Okay guys This index thread on bees will be updated soon.
Disapearing Bees Thread Index As my Sig Below

In the meantime and for those who will miss it and want some more info on this here you are:

Here is an update to this Thread listing all topics on ATS concerning the Collapse of Bee Populations Worldwide in dated order:

• Vampire Mites Devestating U.S. Bees
    posted on 19-6-2005

• Buzz on Missing Bees ABC News
    posted on 18-4-2007

• 10 Million Bees Now Missing in Taiwan
    posted on 26-4-2007

• A Crop Circle Found 1Year Ago Predicted the Decline of the Bees
    posted on 30-4-2007

• C2C listener's Video of Bees Struggling To Fly
    posted on 30-4-2007

• Latest News on Bees April 30th 2007
    posted on 1-5-2007

• "The Missing Bees Explained" Hoagland's Groundbreaking Theory.
    posted on 13-5-2007

• Could Earth's missing Bees Be Helping Terra Form Mars? Skunkworks
    posted on 4-7-2007

• [url=www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread292678/pg1]Asian Scientist parasite Killing Western Bees
    posted on 20-7-2007 - General Conspiracy Forum

• Are the Bees Dying off Because They're Too Busy?
    posted on 12-8-2007

• New Virus May be Killing Bees2
    posted on 7-9-2007 (Different to below thread This Posted to Fred T)

• Virus may be Cause of HoneyBees Death2
    posted on 7-9-2007

• Honey Bees To Get Help from the US Army
    posted on 9-9-2007 @ 19:43

• Now Bumblebees are vanishing as well
    posted on 10-10-2007 @ 19:01

• BEES?
    posted on 20-1-2008 @ 03:31

• Disappearing bees threaten ice cream sellers
    posted on 18-2-2008

• I think Ive Found The Missing Bees (Elf- apparently in her backyard!)
    posted on 21-4-2008 @ 10:39

• Bees Vanish All Life Has 4 Years To Live On
    posted on 26-4-2008

• I Think We Are In Trouble
    posted on 30-5-2008

• Return of the Honey Bees!
    posted on 25-6-2008

• Why are the bees dying? New Evidence..BTS
    Topic started on 29-7-2008

• Reason Bees Matter- UK MSN
    posted on 14-8-2008

• How the NWO will be finished? (chem-trails, bees, seed banks)
    Posted on October 8, 2008

• The Simple Reason All Bees Are Vanishing.
    Posted on November 5, 2008

Kind Regards,

Plant some Flowers!
    Mischevious Elf

edit for link fix

• posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
    link   
    Well this is obviously a big problem in the U.K. as Beekeepers are planning a massive demonstration.

The other day I wrote about recent research into bee problems, and their discussion at an international conference in the U.K. On a more aggressive front, beekeepers in the U.K. have had about enough of government talk, and are going to take to the streets to get those in charge off the dime and take some action.

For the past six months The British Beekeepers’ Association has been letting the world know that they and their bees are having problems. Articles in the press, interviews on radio and TV both national and local ... they’ve let the public know there’s something going on that’s going to affect the public, and something needs to be done. Plus, associations and even individuals have carried a petition demanding government action on the matter and now have over 100,000 signatures. Funding for additional research has been promised by some businesses with more to come it is expected. End phase one.

www.thedailygreen.com...

Wildlife experts warn that action is needed to safeguard honeybees as their numbers have plummeted by as much as 80 per cent
    Honeybees are responsible for about 85 per cent of all pollination in Britain's insect-pollinated crop plants, including fruit and veg favourites such as strawberries, apples and cucumbers, and are the only producers of honey.

According to Einstein, without bees man would have only four years' life left.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Bees are not as cute as dolphins or as obviously useful as cows. They cannot “speak” like the bonobo, yet as they perish in ever increasing numbers, they are trying to tell us something, and we had better listen.

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
    link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
    Bee's aren't dying off. At least, not here. I have had to kill 20-30 in my house just this week. Every time i open the door, 1 gets in.

Bees?

Or jellowjackets?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
    ..... mmm unless of course we all survive soon on MONSANTO/BAYER seeds that do not produce seeds for next year, this could bring most of mankind to the position of being reliant on a CORPORATION for our source of food, and not the earth itself.

Yes - I've read of that, even seen some of them. Haven't planted any of them though and don't intend to. I dunno, maybe it is just me. However, there is something this that angers and frightens me at the same time. Down deep in my little froggy bones it feels like its evil on a grand scale. Sigh - I digress. I do not want to derail this thread and that is a topic worthy of its own.

Back to bees..

Turns out the International Pollinator Conference was just a few days ago.

International Pollinator Conference

As far as the value of bees they said..

The worldwide economic value of pollination is estimated at more than $215 billion, or about 9.5 percent of total agricultural production, according to a recent study in the journal Ecological Economics.

Let that 9.5% sink in a little more than the $215 billion for a second.

9.5% of agricultural production. Think of a world with 9.5% of the food and agricultural products missing. Think parts of the world have a food crisis now? Wonder what it would be like 9.5% less food? From what I can tell that doesn't take into account the effects on wildflowers and grasses. Which support.. heh - you guys know where I'm going.. that support that whole cycle of life thing in the great outdoors.

I grew up on a farm and I know bees can be fragile little critters in some ways. But there is something else to think about to.

Much like us little frogs are to water systems or the canary in the coalmine, so are bees to their environment.

Research Council of Canada

People should be paying a lot more attention to bees as an indicator of the environment,” says Packer. A decline in bee populations can be an early warning sign for the health of the ecosystem.

Its very important to pay attention when the little frogs stop croaking, the canary stops signing or the bees stop buzzing. As go the little things, thus often follow some very big things.

PS - M. Elf. Good links

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:00 PM
    link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:18 PM
    link   
    Last weekend we went camping at Mammoth Caves in Kentucky.

I have never seen so many bees in my life, and they weren't just in one small area, they were all over the place for miles.
    They were everywhere and into everything. Half a dozen of them even managed to get packed into our things and crawled out after we got home.

Oh yeah, and has anyone else noticed those flies that look and behave exactly like a bee??
    I've seen heaps of those around here in Nashville this year, can't say I've noticed them in past years.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:34 AM
    link   
    HA! The most simple answer tends to be the correct one.. I've been saying it ever since someone brought it up.. "What is killing the bees?¿".. Umm.. Poison?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
    link   
    reply to post by angel4change

This has been reported in the MSM for several years. It's just that they don't dwell on it, because it isn't as exciting as politics, war, and crime.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:10 AM
    link   
    dont worry everyone, Evolution will find a way to solve everything. If it got us this far then it will get us through this.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
    link   
    I live in Los Angeles, a few miles away from LAX. In the last year or so I've noticed a change in the way bees act. In spring/summer I can go out in my little yard and find a lot of bees just sitting around on the ground, they're not dead just acting like they're stoned! Very strange. My 5 year old likes to squish 'em.

There's also been a lot of hives being built in really odd places where my parents live (even closer to LAX, walking distance from the free shuttles), they have a tiny little tree they planted in front of the house, when it was about 2 feet high all of a sudden there was a hive on it, then two houses across the street got hives later on, one in the garage, one up by the porch. Just bizarre stuff, it's unheard of in the area.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
    link   
    In my area, we do see different sorts of bees but in the last few years the numbers have been lower than usual. We often find dead bumble bees in the backyard (we dont use any pesticides) its weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
    link   
    Here is an alternative reason why bees are dying off.

I had to drive to San Jose for business at least once a month a while back. The round trip from Los Angeles to San Jose and back again was a huge honeybee massacre. I probably splattered about 150 bees on my windshield per trip during the spring and summer months.

Now if I can kill 150 bees, imagine all those other cars and truckers on the interstate wiping out hundreds of bees as they commute. That is thousands of vehicles splattering hundreds of bees on a daily basis.

Maybe the farmers should start keeping the bees in the middle of their fields instead of sections that are closer to the roads.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
    link   
    This is a really interesting thread
    I always wondered what was going on with the bees. This makes a lot of sense IMO. Nice job OP!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
    link   
    Maybe the reason some of you are seeing more bees is evolution - the survival instinct. Bees act in concert, as large colonies, so it makes sense that if they are struggling to survive where they are, they may try going to new places, moving small groups to somewhere where they may do better to survive.

For example, if we completely screw this planet up, make it even more toxic to us than it is now, it would make sense to say that people would move to places that are different across the planet, the places least affected. Or to habitats on other planets (like Mars) or the moon, or under the seas. A sufficiently large species when threatened with extinction in all likelyhood *would* try many different things in the hope that at least one of those groups would survive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join