It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Michael Crichton has died in LA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Author Michael Crichton has died in LA

www.thesun.co.uk

JURRASIC Park author Michael Crichton has died unexpectedly after a secret battle with cancer, he was 66.

The Chicago born author who also produced the TV show ER had been battling cancer but his death came as a complete
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
sad sad news he was a great author wrote some classics in his time and had sold over 150 million books worldwide.

Perhaps best known for being the author of Jurassic Park and its sequel The Lost World, which were turned into a hugely successful movie franchise he also had won many awards in his time.
r.i.p sir!

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is sad news. Jurrasic Park is one of my favorite books. RIP Michael.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Trained as a physician, Michael Crichton liked writing better. He was a great author and human being. Rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
thats very sad
R.I.P

xcb

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just want to say, as well....this is sudden news.

The 'quadrennial exploitation of the masses', here just after Election Day, has pushed this news out of the common interest, and that is sad.

Another beloved author has died, and his passing is lost in the rhetoric of the politics of the season.....

'Andromeda Strain' !!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Its weird. On Wednesday, for no reason, I decided to watch Jurassic Park. Afterwords, I found out he had died. I was like, weird... So then talking to my friend who only lives in a dorm a floor above me, she said she had also just randomly decided to watch Jurassic Park the same day, and she hadnt known he had died until i then mentioned it. We thought that was pretty weird.

top topics

join