It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photographed over Filton (Decent quality)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

An unidentified flying object has been photographed over Filton. Taxi driver Paul Matthews spotted the object in the air near the Royal Mail depot on 2pm on Friday afternoon soon after he had driven into the Airbus site. He quickly pulled over his car and watched as what he described as a disc-shaped object hovered in the air before disappearing as swiftly as it had appeared. Now the Bristol Evening Post is calling on readers who believe they know what the object is to get in touch. Mr Matthews said that at first he thought it was an aeroplane, microlite or parachute, but it wasn't behaving like anything he had seen before. "It was very weird. It was so strange. I have been a lorry driver in my time and seen some strange things, but this is something else," said Mr Matthews, 45, from Patchway. "I had never ever seen something like this before. I was really surprised how other people had not noticed it. I thought they would be stopping in their droves, but that was not the case at all." Denis Plunkett of Winterbourne, who runs the British Flying Saucer Bureau, believed Mr Matthews' sighting was just the latest in a series of visits by aliens to Earth. Mr Plunkett said: "They come in all shapes and sizes, mainly disc-shaped but in the upper atmosphere also cigar-shaped – the so-called motherships. "When they get in the upper atmosphere, they discharge the smaller ones that are used for surveillance. "We have had quite a few UFO sightings in the last few months, in Cardiff for example when one almost crashed into a police helicopter. "Before that, it was seen over Kingswood and the Suspension Bridge before heading to Wales." Former RAF pilot Mr Plunkett, 77, added: "I'm not surprised this UFO was spotted over somewhere like Patchway because quite often they visit airports like Filton. They visit anything to do with the air because they want to know the infrastructure of the planet. What they are obviously doing is surveying and collecting information about us."

www.thisisbristol.co.uk...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by hotrice]

sty

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
thank you for the pictures! very interesting , indeed. However I wanted to remind you about the BAE system and MOD and Rolls Royce right in the small area of Filton ( Bristol here too , hello mate! ) . As I know , some Aerospace companies + UWE are working together on some very similar surveilance drones, so I wonder if this what you managed to catch on your camera. However I am sure they only did small crafts so far.. so I guess I have to ask - how was this object moving? this could give us a clue .. also what do you personally think about the size of the object? Thanks again for posting this !

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good find and a nice story. At first I thought it looked like a chip on a windscreen, however if you look closely it seems to have a dark piece at the bottom of the object.Can someone blow the photo up some more to get more detail.Very interesting

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Those are really good pics if they are real. I would love to know what blocks us from traveling from plane to plane. Why was that lost to us?

edit:to Star & Flag for you!!!!

[edit on 4-11-2008 by isa75]

sty

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I also do not have doubds that the pictures are real - real object. However I am not sure if this is an UFO
. Filton is really the "home" of the UK aersopace industry , so nothing would surprise me..
(Concorde was made behind that fence from the picture too )

sty

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sorry , for a reason I believed that hotrice (the OP) is the one who made the pictures .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
sorry , for a reason I believed that hotrice (the OP) is the one who made the pictures .

I wish I did!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Here is a blow up as requested:

And, not that it means anything, but something curious happened when I did neon edge detect using GIMP:

I guess it shows you can get something from nothing with the right effect.
(not that your UFO means nothing, just that the picture FX show what it does.)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Thanks for that great work.The neon edge detect that you did does make it look more like a chip on a windscreen. This is an easy mistake to make if you film from inside a car the camera will often focus on a chip on the windscreen and it can fool( when watching the video back) you into believing that it is in the sky.Not saying that this is for sure a chip but does look like one to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No, I was not alluding to a chip in a windshield.
What I wanted people to notice is how the neon edge detect revealed what appears to be a humanoid pilot on the UFO.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
No, I was not alluding to a chip in a windshield.
What I wanted people to notice is how the neon edge detect revealed what appears to be a humanoid pilot on the UFO.

I sorry but I can't see what you mean, are you joking? I thought that the neon thingy made the jagged edges show up more.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can see what you mean about it being a human pilot, the bright white shape, looks like a person in a seat... no?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No, I am not joking, I am merely pointing out what enhancements and/or effects can do.
In the center of the FX UFO it 'looks' like a humanoid figure in a sitting position, now, look real close.
I hope you are not one of those people who still think the seagull is a UFO, from those pictures that guy was trying to sell some time ago?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here is what I see:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The object looks like a real object, the light and the shadow look right for an object on that scene.

What the object was I do not have any idea, but it does not look big.

And what is the relation between the story and the photo? Maybe I missed something, but I could not find any reference about photos taken of that sighting.

Also, the EXIF data says:

Artist: Dave Betts

and as far as I could find, that is the name of a professional photographer, and that is strange.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You're sharp in the eye Toad! I thought you meant the really white shape to the side... tsk... maybe Im not cut out for this lark!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A similar one in video:
UFO over Mexico City on July 11, 1991
www.youtube.com...

This might have been during a day with an eclipse and a few
cameras with telephoto lenses were around...better
than zooming in on a video later.

Note white light in direction of motion.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's not a window chip. If it was taken from inside the car you would see a million other tiny window chips. Just look at your own windshield. If it was a side window chip you would see streaks, dirt, spots, etc... unless the driver just got out of the car wash and Windexed his windows.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Not too far fetched because they view by high voltage image intensifiers
on a screen to see outside.

Why not the high voltage is there all around the pilot.

So why can't we see inside. I think we just did.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It sort of looks like a plastic grocery bag or something. Maybe a bag someone blew up and sent off? If you look closely it looks misshapen and crinkled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join