It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 More Troop Brigades Assigned to Northcom today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

2 More Troop Brigades Assigned to Northcom today!

www.prisonplanet.com

Northcom has announced that two more U.S. military units will be assigned for domestic homeland security missions, bringing the total number of combat ready service members operating inside the U.S. to around 4,700, as fears grow about the increasing militarization of law enforcement.

The announcement follows the controversy surrounding a September 8 Army Times report (revised on September 30), which revealed that the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team, fresh from combat duties in Iraq, would be operating inside America for tasks including “civil unrest and crowd control,” a detail that was later denied by Northcom despite the concession that forces would be armed with both non-lethal and lethal weapons as well as having access to tanks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Why are they doing this? What do they know is going to happen, that we do not?

One person in the article mentions, the military responding to an event possibly even bigger than 911!

Another comment in it: 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier as saying that the unit would be trained in the use of “nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals” for the purposes of “crowd and traffic control”.

What is interesting is the Congress tried to redo Bush's order saying he can use our military in the U.S. this year, but Bush put he did not feel bound by it.

Insert from article:
Under the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, signed by President Bush on October 17, 2006, the law was changed to state, “The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.”

However, these changes were repealed in their entirety by HR 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, reverting back to the original state of the Insurrection Act of 1807. Despite this repeal, President Bush attached a signing statement saying that he did not feel bound by the repeal.

Reasons I can think of:

Is it because the grocery shelves will be empty pretty soon?
Is it because of knowing there will be election fraud?

Our consitution has been shredded and now our military is possibly going to be used against us!

What do you think is the reason?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I read this on a different source and it said that the next two units wouldn't be assigned until 2010. That is when the total will reach 4,700 troops.

If I find it again, I will provide the link. I wouldn't put it passed prisonplanet to edit that out to make it even more frightening.

Not that this source is necessarily any more valid...

www.911blogger.com...

n the next three years the military plans to activate and train an estimated 4,700 service members for specialized domestic operations, according to Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of U.S. Northern Command, which was created in 2002 for homeland defense missions.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That is not enough troops in a nation of millions to take care of any "American Insurrection".

It sounds more like scare tactics to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So this works out to 97 troops per state. Hmmm...maybe its just me but the only thing that worries me is why so few troops? If anything bad happend less than 100 troops per state wont be very effective. Heck even 47,500 would only be less than a 1000 troops per state.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Alex Jones, the human megaphone lol.

Hmm... This is interesting, I think what will happen is these military folks will oversee the local law enforcement, just my personal opinion.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Could be...what if somehow some sleeper cell people from a foreign country might start some crap and there isn't enough evidence on them as they are abiding by the laws here, are here legally, and are "good citizens".

You know, they could get guns and etc. ... maybe it's because a certain state or state that is important to the money men might topple with out effective military response - we have all probably heard the tales of an underfunded and poorly supplied/equipped National Guard, if not go talk to them - that is how I found out about needing to take bullets with them that they bought out of their own pay...

Maybe be some military leader guy is a plant and wants to do a coup? Lot's of ifs!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Combine that number with all the different law enforcement agencies and you have some good numbers.

In addition, if they use severe force they could make others fall in line pretty quick.

All they have to do is make one not trust anybody for fear that that person could be working for the government.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Why are they doing this? What do they know is going to happen, that we do not?...
...Reasons I can think of:

Is it because the grocery shelves will be empty pretty soon?
Is it because of knowing there will be election fraud?

Our consitution has been shredded and now our military is possibly going to be used against us!

What do you think is the reason?

Or maybe because they realize that alot of people are fed up and they are scared of what we may do?

Originally posted by marg6043
That is not enough troops in a nation of millions to take care of any "American Insurrection".

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So this works out to 97 troops per state.

No it's not enough to put down an armed insurrection, but it WOULD be enough to keep D.C. secure.

I'm not saying anything will happen, just pointing that out.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just a thought . . . maybe they are doing this in preparation as state after state lines up and says they can no longer afford to pay for their law enforcement initiatives.

Just 'google' police layoffs on their 'news' page and you'll see the litany of stories from communities all over the US that are either contemplating or already carrying out the layoff of street level policing.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

*564 000 people...

30 bullets per magazines X four magazines minimum per soldier X 4 700 soldiers equates to a maximum killing potential of five hundred and sixty-four thousand casualties - if every bullet hit it's mark.

If only every tenth bullet hit its mark that would still be 56 400 dead or wounded.

Don't kid yourselves, 4 700 hundred troops can inflict massive damage to whatever area they are deployed - They won't be spread out to 97 troops per state, that is just civilian naivete.

I'm not taking into account tank or air support either, or the new microwave weapons and gases.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I still stick by my guns that if something happens it will be bioterrorism. (see link)

These *Troops* are already *inoculated*... (And I'm leaning more to smallpox now than anthrax)...

After an attack when the major part of the *regular* population's sick and dying no one's going to need many *Troops* to keep things *under control*.

Horrifying, but possible.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by silo13]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

First of all.. in Viet Nam troops averages over 50,000 rounds expended for each confirmed kill. (Except for snipers, who averaged just over 1).

Nam

Secondly, this is probably just Alex Jones running his mouth again.

I mean that in the nicest possible way, since Alex is a big guy and I don't need an ass-kicking the next time I come home to Texas for a visit.

Thirdly.... well... nothing...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is this not just the beginning? First there was one, then two more. Then there will be more. The expansion of the military site in Colorado to house these troops is no coincidence but part of the same big "plan" that has been hatched and is underway. Does it not fit a larger picture?
Connect the dots. Denver will be the new centre of power and government in the U.S. This domestic army, based there, is to protect that area and the rest of the wasteland that will be America will be left to whatever/whomever survives the big "event".
Seems like a clear trend here to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Agreed. This is simply a symptom of a MUCH larger problem. It is still near impossible to see where this is heading exactly and hard to see the forest for the trees.

I think is has become obvious where the bailout is heading that is a consolidation of the large banks eating up all the smaller banks so 'they' can tightly control the finances.

We a lot of civil liberties with 9/11 and the Patriot Act. Now lets see what brings about the Patriot Act 2 and the police state.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Have to agree with Marg on this one. And to be technically correct, they are not full brigades, but much smaller brigade combat teams. Still not sure what even a full brigade could accomplish in an armed nation of 300 million people.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by GoalPoster

*564 000 people...

30 bullets per magazines X four magazines minimum per soldier X 4 700 soldiers equates to a maximum killing potential of five hundred and sixty-four thousand casualties - if every bullet hit it's mark.

If only every tenth bullet hit its mark that would still be 56 400 dead or wounded.

Don't kid yourselves, 4 700 hundred troops can inflict massive damage to whatever area they are deployed - They won't be spread out to 97 troops per state, that is just civilian naivete.

I'm not taking into account tank or air support either, or the new microwave weapons and gases.

Right thats only counting the bullets what if they used these fools post blue beam operation or nuke??? food for thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think its all just a scare tactic..AGAIN..There was supposed to be a BCT deployed 3 October of this year and nothing came of it. The Army is constantly re-organizing its structure to be a more effective and combat ready fighting force that can deploy more rapidly and much more efficiently.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First of all the numbers are way off, 3 brigades = more than 10,000 troops last i checked. Also note that unlike previous stories there is no links to the information. I am disturbed by the original deployment but I do feel this new story is bogus. I feel this story is disinfo.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am a United States Marine. I know our troops. I have lived with them. I have been a part of their society. I once subscribed to many of the more common radical ideologies that can be found in the military culture.

So I'm semper pissed at the idea of our troops conducting operations in close proximity to our population in virtually any capacity.

This IS NOT a kinder, gentler military than that of days gone by. Several common characteristics of unit organization and operation have effectively engineered the modern American military to turn up the violence and lay waste to human and material assetts, both military and civilian, in a way seldom seen in the past 300+ years of western military tradition.

By repurposing the HMMWV as an infantry fighting vehicle in Iraq, the military has effectively made the fire team a basic unit of organization within platoons and isolated them from one another at times, creating a stronger peer-pressure environment which exists outside the immediate supervision of officers and SNCOs.

This has facilitated a variety of admittedly minor relaxations of military discipline, particularly the proliferation of non-uniform aparrel, music, and other personal gear, the cumulative effect of which is a sense of freedom- an ownership of the small unit by the enlisted men as their own clique within which they wield power.

On the positive side, this does make for more decisive, assertive troops who will request changes in the rules of engagement in order to engage targets of opportunity and who will act when they see the opportunity to destroy the enemy by manuever, without needing their movements micro-managed.

On the negative side, troops are also less inhibited when it comes to doing stuff they shouldn't be doing without orders. This has not only manifested as a tendency to shoot (or in some cases, call artillery on the whole damn ville) first and ask questions later, sometimes against unarmed targets, but has resulted in premeditated blue on blue violence, most famously the rash of rapes against female soldiers in Iraq, which the chain of command has not only failed to recognize but attempted to hide, in part to preserve the added combat power that they derive from keeping these wild men that they can unleash on the enemy when push comes to shove.

And that's not even getting into the extremist ideologies that predominate. If you think the terrorists hate you for your freedoms, you should hear what your troops think about you- and I'm not just talking to my fellow pinkos- if you conservatives think that a USO bumper sticker means that our troops would piss on you if you were on fire, you're wrong. There are some great people in the military, of course, and several of them are on staff here and nothing but my respect, but it is also a fact that the most unamerican things I've seen and heard in my life came from Marines.

I know for a fact that Northcom will not exist forever, but I can only hope that the end will be both quick and peaceful. The last time a ridiculously powerful executive let an army run amok on the American people, the American people got together and used that army's officers for target practice (and bein' that the American people are kinda red-necky, it turns out they shoot purdy darn good). That bit of history weighs very heavily on my mind, and hopefully on the minds of northcom's officers as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join