It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich: Raid conducted to help McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-Ohio) accused the White House Tuesday of orchestrating a raid on Syria to help the political fortunes of Republican presidential nominee John McCain. On Sunday American forces based in Iraq conducted a raid designed to strike a suspected senior Al Qaeda leader. Several civilians were killed, prompting the Syrian government to denounce the move as “brutal.” In an interview on CNN, Kucinich questioned whether the raid was worth the price.

This is amazing stuff.

www.politico.com...

I want to know what the heck the bush administration is doing. We can't do this sort of thing. What if Kucinich is right? Those are strong allegations he is making.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have a thread similar to to this one but no one responded.
So if you dont mind I'll put my comment in your thread.

Is this a eleventh hour effort of the Bush administration to sway the public toward the McCain campaign with more fear mongering of terrorists threats ?
Or are they starting another (add-on) War ?

Is the U.S. trying to stir up a hornets nest or what ?

Syria has of late appeared to be making some ammends with Israel and the U.S. and been trying to change their image.
They also agreed to establish diplomatic ties with Lebanon.

Have relations with Iraq been taken a few steps back after all the hard work Syria has put in slowing the flow of militants filtering into Iraq?

Whether the military made this move of their own accord or President Bush gave another insane order makes little difference. The political capital it will cost us with allies every time we do something like this, breaking international law - leaving aside the effects of the inevitable increase in insurgents from Syria now we have performed a poorly targeted attack in their country.

Syria's Al Qaeda links are not considered to be strong.
It's a PR coup for Al Qaeda, and it's our troops who will be the ones who have to pay the price.

If it truely is AL-Quaeda that the U.S military was after then Al-Quaeda won again.Killing civilians/children is no way to gain the hearts and respect this country so badly needs.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Did someone else make a thread on this one or something? Maybe that explains why there are no responses as i figured this would light a fire under some butts.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I have a thread similar to to this one but no one responded. So if you dont mind I'll put my comment in your thread.

I'm extremely surprised by that. This is ATS for crying out loud! I was wondering the same thing here too.

s this a eleventh hour effort of the Bush administration to sway the public toward the McCain campaign with more fear mongering of terrorists threats ? Or are they starting another (add-on) War ?

It very well could have been. We'll probably never find out for sure though. People really need to wake up. Each day it seems to be worse. I dont know what to think anymore.

If it truely is AL-Quaeda that the U.S military was after then Al-Quaeda won again.Killing civilians/children is no way to gain the hearts and respect this country so badly needs.

It seems to me that their is a power struggle behind the curtain. He may be predicting that Obama will win...so he's doing things for who knows what. To attack a country right before an election and dump it on the next president's lap is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Look at this stuff people!!!
What is Bush doing???

Take a look at these other threads....3 major things happening here if you include the developments on Syria.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's threatening to leave Iraq when all we hear is that we need to stay?
What is this de-regulation plan he's pushing through??

You need to read this stuff people!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

I want to know what the heck the bush administration is doing. We can't do this sort of thing. What if Kucinich is right? Those are strong allegations he is making.

The strike into Syria was presented as a warning for them to shape-up, and to let them know that even though we will be facing an Executive Transition soon, we have our cross-hairs set on any moves they make. Insurgents have been crossing over from Syria for quite some time now, as with Iran as well, so it was about time that they received the message to "Knock it Off".

As for Kucinich, that guy is one fry short of a full blown Communist, so you should not pay him such close attention in regards to his criticism.

In regards to the "Killed Civilians", like someone stated before, it is quite interesting how "Insurgents" miraculously become "Civilians" once they are whiped out. The Military went in with Helos and Ground Infantry in broad daylight, so the likelihood of them taking out Non-Combatants is slim at best.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They've had 7 years to hit the Syrians for letting insurgents into Iraq and they waited until just before the election? If you think this wasn't political then your not paying attention. These Bush people consistently put the good of the Republican Party above what's good for our country. They have no shame...period. Just look around right now, this is what Republicans have wrought upon our country.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Wait, Bush attacks Pakistan, AND SYRIA! And you have no problem? But Obama says he'll hunt Osama Bin Laden down no matter where he hides, which is in Pakistan, and he's "dangerously attacking another nation." Yeah, BS! Ron Paul wouldn't attack Pakistan or Syria, and end Iraq. Why he'd never be allowed in as President. Halliburton needs the money too much.

top topics

join