It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Terrorist Attack on the United States and the Election's Impact.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread...but i decided to make a thread for itself. I'd like to see other's take on what they think about my opinions or what they think might happen themselves. I'm very worried for our country.

Here it is:

I've come to my own theory about all of this. I've thought about it much lately. The election may have a deciding factor on the future of Israel and the United States.

We have been interfering with middle east affairs for a very long time...long before the Iraq war. We helped arm Israel with nuclear weapons. We used to be allies with Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein for the interests to our own country. Then we turned on both of them. We planted the seeds of hate to our country long ago because of this.

The government knows that it's coming. Remember the pirated ship that people got sick on and died? Remember that it came from Iran? Ever heard of a DIRTY BOMB?

Why did the US violate Syria's sovereignty to go after one man? We heard this man was alive then dead. Now the BUsh administration won't even comment about it. They went after this man because they probably feels he knows something. They will say he's dead so they can get as much information as they possibly can.

Something is up guys. The Bush administration knows it. The candidates both know this as they have been briefed by Bush already and will be working with him till the day the new guy takes office to help them prepare.

Our economy is going to be the least of our troubles. I think this is why Obama's tax plan is getting muffled by his campaign. He knows it's coming. McCain knows it's coming. This is why the election has become so dirty. They both realize what is on the line here. They both realize that thousands upon thousands of innocent American lives could be killed. In the next 6 months a tax plan won't matter.

We are in VERY DEEP trouble guys. If we were to get hit by a dirty bomb...what would we do? Can you imagine the deaths? What would be our retaliation? Nuclear war?

I'm not trying to fearmonger...i'm just trying to understand the situation.

This is what happens if between our to presidential nominees if they become president:

McCain: He backs and supports Israel. He will go to war with and for them. Our country will then become a larger target than it already is.

Obama: He will pull out of the middle east and will not help Israel. He will do this to try and ease tensions with the rest of the middle east...but we will still be a target.

Bottom line: The destruction of Israel and Iran is coming. It's up to the world powers to stay out of this. All countries that are not involved are going to be potential terror targets. How many countries/allies helped us in the Iraq war and war on terror? Many. They are all targets.

We are going to be hit with a terrorist act. It's inevitable and it's going to come soon.

People....and i beg this of you....no matter who wins this election....please do not fight amongst ourselves. Please accept the outcome of the winner. When this disaster comes...we have to stand united as one. The world as we know it is about to change...it's not going to change for better. It's going to get worse....MUCH WORSE.

And by stating all of this...i don't want people to think i'm against Israel or anything like that....this is just what i think may happen. And let me be clear...i want NONE of this to happen.

This is all my opinion....i don't know if anyone else feels this way....this is just what i see in our future....and it's bleak. I've never been one to predict things or believe in conspiracy theories. I don't think this is a conspiracy theory...

Please be prepared and take care of your families. BE READY.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
We are going to be hit with a terrorist act. It's inevitable and it's going to come soon.

What are the reasons that you think this will happen?

Where and in what form?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

What are the reasons that you think this will happen?

Where and in what form?

Here's one reason: We were poking through everyones business across the globe, not making situations better but rather worse.

The terrorist attacks should be located in major downtown cores in major cities, where terrorists can do much of the damage and kill thousands per time. Also may target important infrustructures like oil refineries, anything that can clog the U.S economy.

I'm sure that terrorists are going to use some kind of biological weapon in these major cities. One they are a hell of a lot cheaper than developing nuclear bombs. But can wipe out many.

What I think is that if either one becomes president, it'll be bad. I think if Mc. Cain is elected I think he'll be much worse than Obama. I did hear rumors of Obama getting assassinated which clearly I don't want.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Spy Chief Warns US Vulnerable in Next President's First Year By VOA News 31 October 2008 Mike McConnell Mike McConnell The top U.S. intelligence official is warning the country will be especially vulnerable to security threats during the first months of a new presidency. Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell delivered a speech Thursday in the southeastern city of Nashville, Tennessee highlighting security threats and challenges the country will likely face in the next two decades. McConnell said there is always a surprise soon after a U.S. president takes office. He cited terrorist attacks during the first year of the Clinton and Bush administrations.

www.voanews.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

What I think is that if either one becomes president, it'll be bad. I think if Mc. Cain is elected I think he'll be much worse than Obama. I did hear rumors of Obama getting assassinated which clearly I don't want.

I agree with the first statement. The rest i am iffy on. I'm not sure who will be the worst Prez. and i don't think Obama will be assassinated. He will be hidden. If he does make public appearances....it will be extremely tight with security and all angles will be watched. I just don't think it will happen...IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I agree with the first statement. The rest i am iffy on. I'm not sure who will be the worst Prez. and i don't think Obama will be assassinated. He will be hidden. If he does make public appearances....it will be extremely tight with security and all angles will be watched. I just don't think it will happen...IMO.

"McCain: He backs and supports Israel. He will go to war with and for them. Our country will then become a larger target than it already is.

Obama: He will pull out of the middle east and will not help Israel. He will do this to try and ease tensions with the rest of the middle east...but we will still be a target."

This is what you said earlier on your last post and I agree with this. But truthfully would you want to be a bigger target than just being a target?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89

Here's one reason: We were poking through everyones business across the globe, not making situations better but rather worse.

I was not stating my position or even my disbelief on the matter, I was merely asking the OP what his reasons were

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That is what i meant....but i don't know what will actually happen. McCain will attack..but will it help? I don't know. Will Obama retreating be the best option? I think we need to get out of middle east...but i'm not sure if it will lead to the best consequences for us.

What i do know is that we can't continue to oppress other countries. Whether we are there for the right or wrong reasons, it's backfiring on us big time.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David, i disagree politically with you but love the quality of your posts. As my Dad says "your either a plus to society or a negative, so why don't you go ahead and be plus". You are a plus to ATS IMO.

I feel as you do, i think something is coming and worry (probably to much) about it. Although i think if the enemy is smart they do nothing(unless smarter than i and add water to the flood) as my fear is that we are about to destroy ourselfs. And i dont mean slowly, i mean on Nov. 4/5th.

A. McCain wins, anarchy in the big cities.
B. Obama wins, stock market CRASH.
C. to close to call, NAACP and others sue for a victory and shortly after..... chaos in mid and small town america.

God let me be wrong. None the less grabbing 12 gauge and 22 shells, water, food this weekend

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Would you rather live in fear, or confront it?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

First i'd like to thank you for the kind comments. It's not often you get that on the boards. I also worry about this way too much...or am I? Or are we? Should i worry more? Heh.

A. McCain wins, anarchy in the big cities.
B. Obama wins, stock market CRASH.
C. to close to call, NAACP and others sue for a victory and shortly after..... chaos in mid and small town america.

Those things are certainly possible.....i hope they don't happen. If we are fighting amongst ourselves at a time where our country is in grave danger of a terrorist attack. It's scary...it really is.

I hope for all of us that it doesn't become as dire as it all seems to be right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I will not deny that my primary concern for our nation is that the citizens will not help each other in dark times.

However, I am committed until the end to strive to avoid the dark times entirely. I feel this is possible.

I am not referring to economic crisis (fabricated or otherwise), I am referring to a breakdown of the tenuous hold we still have as a collection of people who all recognize each other as Americans (yes, I am aware of the fundamental misnomer - but hopefully you get my gist).

Much of America lacks a sense of community. We MUST rekindle this flame.

We are being brought to this end, and it is a trial of the American spirit. It may take the form of a catastrophic war, economically destruction, even a transmutation of our form of government imposed against our will. But in the end, the test is the same.

Americans MUST cling to what we KNOW in our hearts being American means. America at it's peak is a community. Without the community as a source of strength, we are vulnerable to controls we would otherwise be able to resist and overcome easily.

For too long we have coddled the old "-isms" and cultural boundaries. We must call upon Americans like us to DECIDE to be American, not to be divided or conquered, or bamboozled into serfdom, or economic bondage.

I believe there is always hope that people will begin to see this truth, and break the habit of letting the kabuki-theater meat-puppet politicians play us like fools. The television and radio and press are all part of the show.

[/rant]

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That is what i meant....but i don't know what will actually happen. McCain will attack..but will it help? I don't know. Will Obama retreating be the best option? I think we need to get out of middle east...but i'm not sure if it will lead to the best consequences for us.

What i do know is that we can't continue to oppress other countries. Whether we are there for the right or wrong reasons, it's backfiring on us big time.

Well did Bush's attack help us? It didn't help us one bit, only except to get a hold of their oil supply. He doesn't give a damn if the Middle Eastern civilians die, nor the U.S' troops for that matter, he wasted about a trillion dollars on this Iran War. I feel that Mc Cain has simply the same mindset as Bush. As both of them are dirty Republicans. I feel it.

Obama retreating the troops is the best thing that the Americans can do. What they are doing now is spreading their army around the globe and weakening their strength in numbers. But luckily for them that they have advanced artilary equipment which saves the troops from dropping like flies. If you played Risk then you know what it is about. But the Americans have amazing defense systems already, which they don't have to worry about a major attack on the U.S. We could have been stronger allies with the Russians but no. Intelligence is lacking isn't it? It serves us right to attack ourselves.

If you hesitate to back out of a country, imagine what's gonna happen if you back out sooner than later? Not as big of a consequence, but now we are afraid of how big the consequence really is. We are afraid to back out from our problems. American patriotism is falling down.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Much of America lacks a sense of community. We MUST rekindle this flame. We are being brought to this end, and it is a trial of the American spirit. It may take the form of a catastrophic war, economically destruction, even a transmutation of our form of government imposed against our will. But in the end, the test is the same. Americans MUST cling to what we KNOW in our hearts being American means. America at it's peak is a community. Without the community as a source of strength, we are vulnerable to controls we would otherwise be able to resist and overcome easily.

Beautifully said and i couldn't agree with you more on this statement. My way of thinking has changed recently. I was letting myself become a part of the division that this election has brought upon us. I was letting myself be apart of the mudslinging...i won't do it anymore. Not with what i see happening to us.

Look at what it has done. It has divided us by race, religion, and class. It has made us angry at others with whom we live with and share the same liberties. We are all lucky to be apart of this great nation...it just saddens me to see it start to crumble.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
good post OP.

Anyone hear about National Guard troops asking to volunteer for a tour of duty in Washington DC? Now until February?

I hope I did not jump off topic too much....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingAround
good post OP.

Anyone hear about National Guard troops asking to volunteer for a tour of duty in Washington DC? Now until February?

I hope I did not jump off topic too much....

I suggest you gather your source and make a thread about it, Not that I think its far off point. I think that tidbit deserves thread of its own.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
forgot the possibly related link:

www.princeofpetworth.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingAround

I think that's worth a thread! People might want to discuss this. Even if only as a commentary on the violence being reported about in DC.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"The world as we know it is about to change...it's not going to change for better. It's going to get worse....MUCH WORSE".

Dear David9176

You are very wise to perceive this, and you could not be more correct in your statement. Jesus said: "...for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. - Matthew 24:21.

Consider yourself to be part of a privileged generation!!!! Very soon you will witness the most awesome, epic, global changing event in the history of mankind. A beautiful planet, with beautiful loving humans will emerge from all of this... it's what HE promises, and He ALWAYS keeps his word!!!!

Seek true knowledge of what all this means

[edit on 31-10-2008 by holywar]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I most certainly agree a terrorist attack is upon us. General Barry McCaffrey himself predicted that terrorists would strike America during the next president's first term.

I think the attack will happen in 2009. However, the question remains whether or not the attack will be successful or not. The success or failure of the terrorist attack will play a large role in how we respond. It will be far more difficult for either administration to legitimize a military response to a failed attack as opposed to a successful one.

I sincerely believe both presidents are capable of going to war with Iran and Russia. The difference is one will jump headlong into action, the other will bide his time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join