It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporters in PA: "Bomb Obama" "Never vote for black"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'll take a stab at that last question, as I'm sure skeptic1 will.

It depends on how the election goes.

If McCain wins, I think the party will become full of itself and continue on it's march to liberalism, much like the democrats. This will eventually end in the death of the party in my opinion.

If Obama wins, I think Conservatives can rally and kick the RINO's out of the party, and get things back on track. We can move new faces in like Bobby Jindal and JC Watts, and make it a real American party again. This would end in a rejuvenation of the US after a dismal 4 years of liberal rule.

It's sad when the best outcome is to lose and suffer for 4 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree.

If McCain wins, the Republicans win. If Obama wins, the conservatives will revolt and revert the party back to what it use to be.

As to SDog's question about assassinations....I was not speaking in terms of that alone. I was talking about craziness in general.... The Dems/liberals seem to keep their vitriol and madness off film and on some questionable websites.

And, no, I have not specifically heard about any Dems calling for McCain's death (or Palin's, for that matter).

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

So how does the Rupublican party, notwithstanding whether or not it manages to embrace its conservative roots, manage to distance itself from what perhaps unfairly has become a pretty big image problem as a result of these few people?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The video is but a microcosm of what is a very real feeling all across America. Obama is not well liked or trusted by a whole lot of people. But most of them are not at these rallies; they are sitting quietly at home, seething and ready.

If elected, Obama will not be considered as America's president by many people. They will refuse to acknowledge him.

As far as the video, Obama spawned that angry crowd on his own, with his stupid comments on "clinging to guns and religion". Elitist tripe to a San Francisco crowd. But it's coming back to bite him in the behind.

Maybe that's why he wants to form a Civilian National Security Force..because he is so divisive himself that he expects rebellion?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Honestly, in terms of the Republican party in general, I don't care if they distance themselves from it or not, even though I do think it's unfair.

Part of me is almost hoping for a collapse of the Republican system for the very reason skeptic1 and I have mentioned.

It's a scary thing to wish for, and it looks like it's going to happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That question is above my paygrade.

I have no idea. Typical Republicans aren't, in my opinion, as loud or as demonstrative as Democrats (not counting the crazies, of course). I think they ignore these kinds of people and hope that they will just go away, whereas some Democrats seem to embrace their crazies proudly.

Ignoring them isn't the way to go, in my opinion. Acknowledging they exist and facing some of the extremist views of a small number of the members of the Republican party might be able to wake up the silent conservative majority and make them take the party back.

But, to be honest, I just don't know.

I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative....I don't have candidates to vote for. I have to choose what's most important in my mind and go that way. But, the extremes of each party aren't pretty and they do nothing to sway voters nor support.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If the Republican party does decide to go back to its conservative roots, do you think there is a place for Mrs. Palin within it?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yes, because she appeals to the conservative wing of the Republican party. In my mind, that is why she was chosen to be on the ticket, not because she is female.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I absolutely do.

I don't know in what capacity if McCain loses this election, but I do think so. She has energized the Conservatives for the most part, although what some may consider her lack of experience is a downside.

As I said, I think Palin, Jindal, Watts, and others like them are going to be at the forefront of this.

Hell, there may be room for me to get involved.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

See skeptic/nyk this is where you guys lose me or at least this is what I fail to understand.

Perhaps Palin was not treated fairly by her own party, but there is no doubt that she was made through her speeches, to pander to the extreme right of her party. And it was those inflammatory speeches that started this whole thing with the videos of racist and ignorant supporters. And it was her who failed to stop the dangerous outcries during her speeches. So fairly or unfairly she is identified with those people. So imho I find it difficult to believe that moving forward, mainstream Americans would now be willing to view her as a voice of reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well as I said, I don't know in what capacity she could or would be used in a reformed conservative movement.

My personal choice to take the reigns is J.C Watts, but I don't know what the chances of getting him moving are. He has expressed in the past a lack of "motivation" fur running for a large office like President.

He's definitely my first choice though.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
They are not a movement, they are the dregs left behind.

That is the best statement in this thread! Or for that matter, any thread I've read recently!

The OTHER people are the movement. WE are the movement. The ones who don't care what color or religion he is or what his name is. The people in that video are the bitter ones who can't handle change, progression, advancement.

This is called an "extinction burst". It's a dog-training term, but it applies just the same. If the dog brings the ball to you, over and over, and you continue to throw it for him, he has you pretty well trained. When you decide to change the behavior, to move on, and stop throwing the ball, he is likely to become more persistent, maybe whining and jumping up on you or mouthing your hand to get you to act the way you did before. This erratic and pushy behavior is called the "extinction burst". Because right before his bringing you the ball is extinguished, there's a burst of aggressive behavior.

That's what we're seeing in these people. An extinction burst of behavior because they don't like the fact that this country is changing and moving on without them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Careful, BH. You sound close to making a blanket statement about all Republicans, not just the people in this video. We are not all that ignorant and angry. There are those of us who would welcome a AfricanAmerican, Latino, Asian president if they shared the conservative ideals.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Careful, BH. You sound close to making a blanket statement about all Republicans, not just the people in this video.

I SAID "The people in that video". If you add your own perception to that, I can't help it. I said what I meant. I didn't mention ANY political party and I do not belong to a political party.

You be careful!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I don't know sos, I think BH was pretty clear in pointing out she was talking about the people in the video of the OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I didn't say anything about mainstream Americans. I was talking about the conservatives in the Republican party embracing her.

This country, for the most part, is still to the right of center. Conservatives wouldn't have a problem embracing her and many who lean slightly right of center wouldn't either, in my mind.

As for mainstream Americans.....what exactly is your definition of them, because our opinions might not match??

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well, a mainstream American is someone who, for example, does not think that calling someone a muslim is an insult, as Palin repeatedly infers.

Listen, I'm just curious with this conversation. Perhaps I am mistaken, but Palin's views as they have been documented, are to the far right of even the Republican party. I was more asking if you guys think that the party has "burned" her in this election, to the degree that her words and perceived association with those constituents in the video will be too much for her to recover.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They may be far right for the Republican party as it stands now, but not necessarily for conservatives. And, if anything, this election season has elevated her in the party.

I may not agree with everything (or anything) that comes out of her mouth and you may not agree with everything (or anything) that comes out of her mouth, but a helluva lot of people do.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow. Reports like this just make me proud to be an American. I mean, look at the unity. Look at the "one voice in unison". Look at how they rally round their neighbors in a time of need. Wow!!!!

The McCain camp DOES know that this is the last thing they need on their heels right now, dont they? Hmm...Dont they?

There is little more powerful than the force generated by idiots gathered in mass.

I think I may just take off work early Tuesday night and call in sick on Wednesday. I think I need to stay home with my dogs and my weapons and make sure things dont go awry at my home.

McCain wins...riots from the idiotic black community.
Obama wins...riots from the idiotic white community.

Either way, this election is not going to go quietly into that good night. If it werent for that whole Martial Law/Police State action that was needed, I would wish for this election to get pushed on down the road a bit. At least let me enjoy the holidays first.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I saw the video last night - it's pretty much Americans at their worst.

Did they mention that these horrible people just-so-happen to think it's a good idea to vote for McCain? Funny how ignorance and stupidity go hand-in-hand.

Instead of finding something that would further discussion of the topic, you decided to go the route of a child and hurl insults at those who don’t agree with your obvious choice for president.

Now on to the topic……… These threats are just the tip of the iceberg & I fear that regardless of the outcome on the 4th, something is going to set off a public that has been driven to the edge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join