It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone answer this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This might not be able to be answered, but it is worth a shot.

When I was 8 years old, I believed in Santa (how naive!).
Anyway, I woke up around 3am in the morning. And being the kid I was, I was scared Santa wouldn't give me any presents if I did not sleep.

I opened my eyes and look around, and my best, was situated side on to the window.

I looked out the window, it was pitch black, then suddenly there was this HUGE flash of light. The whole sky lit up, and basically I had to shut my eyes because it was blinding.

I of course thought it was Santa, and kept my eyes closed and didn't open them again after that until I slept.

Can anyone explain this? UFO/Aliens perhaps?

It was a clear night, not a cloud in the sky, so definetely no lightning.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I went to COSI one time for school. They gave a presentation about falling stars, comets, and meteors. The presentor told us that he was gonna let us see what a falling star the size of our head would look like in the ski. He told us to close our eyes. After eyes were closed, he pushed a button. The whole room lit up very brightly. I could see the light even though my eyes were closed. He said that this happenes all the time during the day and we never notice it. Im guessing that this happened when you seen the flash of light.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Someone reported a very similar incident on the Randi board last month.

It was a transformer exploding at a nearby power station. Cause of explosion: careless squirrel.

[Edited on 17-1-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just had an off thought here, but what if the grey/other aliens were covering up their existence on Earth by making these stories? Not just Santa but other things, I can't think of many right now, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Someone reported a very similar incident on the Randi board last month.

It was a transformer exploding at a nearby power station. Cause of explosion: careless squirrel.

[Edited on 17-1-2003 by Byrd]

The first idea sounds the most realistic.

I dont think it was anything to do with a power station.
1 there is none in the area.
And 2 I live in Australia and we use Coal Power (I dont know if this means anything lol).

There was no noise at all, just what I explained.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hi.
well a light in the sky??? i live in south africa and about 5 years ago i was traveling back to my house"in a small town called Bergville" and infront of me about 5 km away in the Drakensberg mountain there was a light, but not just a normal light, this light was moving at high speed, and moving up and down and a bright light was trailing it. then it just shot up, but i meen in the sky faster that anything i have ever seen" they live"

e mail me@ [email protected]
thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
k well, if your looking for my opinion... you should understand i believe things happen with what you determined that your own concienceness tells itself... so when ur sitting there, with your concienceness on... thinking about nothing but santa.. if its strong enough.. i believe you can make things happen... in other words... when u talk about such a personal experience such as this... dont expect anybody to be able to tell you the answer your looking for... first of all nobody felt the feelings you felt during the experience... nobody can picture the exact picture u seen... even if they did, they wouldnt know it. be simple about experiences like these. your right when you say nobody can answer this question... because only you can. but understand what you felt.. how u felt... and debate on what makes sense... and if what u first come up with doesnt make sense, decide what does make sense...... and thats all anybody can do.

top topics

join