It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann is a disgrace to the human race.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That's just my opinion, you can draw your own from this video. I just think it's sad that these are the kind of people we elect into public office. This video along with her comments on Hardball really paint a good picture of what her political views and views of this country are.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Sooooooo glad she won't be my politician next term. She was banished from everything recently. I still can't believe she was elected. I hate my state now because of that, and because of the McCain questionnaire here a month ago; make us look like complete fools.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Clearly, she is not very bright. She comes off almost as a racist. Shows how far a pretty face can get you.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My God, she is so brain washed by the BS that she feeds on its making my stomach churn that she actually has even gotten to a position where someone thinks her warped opinion is worth knowing about. Hey im no bright spark and even I can recognise BS when I hear it! What a sad sad world we are becoming!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So you think NOTHING she said has any validity? So I guess France is NOT having riots due to a disenfranchised immigrant youth population that cannot assimiliate?

I know nothing about this woman but she is right about France.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So there is no trouble in France?

You all know that she is 100% wrong?

Roper

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So, maybe I missed it. But it seems to me she didn't really answer the question, "how to prevent what happened in France from happening in America." I'm paraphrasing here. It just seems she was just bashing France and what it's become. She also went with the old ending of how America is great and God bless it, and yatta yatta.

It also sounded like at 1:33 someone was talking or heckling? Or is that only me again, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No godamn it, of course France is the object of civil unrest, that it clear for anyone to see! What is wrong is that she is blaming it on aljazeera. france had this problem long before aljazeera became a popular culprit. Jesus open your brains and read between the lines for crying out loud!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

It's not just disenfranchised immigrant/youth populace, it's disenfranchised "native" youth too. There's a fair amount of "rioting" in (here) in the UK - from what I see over here though, it's not due to any civil unrest, it's mostly disenfranchised/marginalised youth that are fighting against authority, they just don't know why.

This woman comes across as terribly racist and seems incredibly stupid, not just in her opinions - if you actually listen to the language she's using, it comes across as that of maybe a 16 year old. She even makes up a word at about 2:18 "Multiculturedversity" what the fudgikins???

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I know the comment "not all cultures are equal, and not all values are equal" might be a bit disturbing, but it might have some truth to it. I'm talking about food tastes or whatever but you look at some countries and how they treat women and gays, and it is a bit disturbing. So the spread of that to places like France might be what she is sort of thinking. It really has nothing to do with answering the question but they hardly ever seem to answer questions anyways.

This is a bit controversial, but there is an interesting happening going on with some immigrants in MN in particular. The somalians are a pretty big population in some parts of Minneapolis, and there are some pretty big assimilation issues. Most immigrants try to assimilate pretty fast, and don't want a lot of government help. From what I've heard, somalians get a lot of help financially from the state. The taxi drivers don't want to transport dogs of any kind or alcohol. A college in Minneapolis spent a lot of money also to build a foot washing station for Muslims. With an growing Muslim population, it is sort of interesting what effects it is having.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well France obviously has some real problems. I don't think Al Jazeera has anything to do with it really. But I do think race does play into it, and the problem there is that assimilation is MUCH harder when race plays a big factor in an underclass because even in 50 or 100 years those differentiating factors will still be there.

But heck, what do I know. I am just an American living in the South. We know nothing about that.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

The answer she is giving to the question posed is that immigrants to the US should be required to adapt to our common language and culture, to prevent "tribalism" and the cultural divides that lead to racism and an erosion of society.

I do not think her comments on cultural equality should be completely dismissed as bigotry. I would NOT want my gay friends to be killed or even treated as anything less than equal. The same goes for women. Do not forget that in some cultures it is the norm to sexually mutilate young women, in others they can be stoned to death to preserve the honor of their family.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How dare we elect someone who actually sees and understands what is going on with Islamic extremism in Western Europe!!! We would definitely be a lot better if we elect people like Barack Hussein Obama who has voiced he sides with and nurtures the Islamic extremists!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote for this woman, but I wouldn't call her a disgrace either. She expressed an opinion and she has a right to it. Her opinion is not PC and therefore must be shouted down.

America will never fall from the truth that is told, but from the lies we are forced to endure, to hear anything otherwise would undermine the message of the snobs who believe they should be able to tell us what to think.

I may not agree with her, but to see someone speak their mind in an age where that is seriously frowned upon.....

All I can say is if she had balls, they would be bigger than the OP's.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I ferociously agree with the right of this woman to speak and to voice her opinion, that's one of the major benefits of democracy.

Now, using the phrase "speaking her mind" may warrant some scrutiny - which is not a bait to the previous post, just an interesting choice of words. This lady (in a position of power) seems somewhat educationally challenged, which in some ways is nothing to look down upon. However the way I would analogise this is - would you let a 16 year old perform brain surgery? Clearly in almost all likely cases the answer is no, yet the person in question here, who "appears" to be stupid (for want of a better term) is recognised and allowed to be a political contender?

She reminds me of the sort of middle management you find running a fast food outlet, probably quite well - I'll give her that credit.

I'm quite surprised America doesn't have more issues with youth-culture and authority, in the UK, there is quite a lot of this, it just seems to be more blind-rage than specifically railing against any facet of the system.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by jokei]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh ---- she is BEAUTIFUL !!

Wow ... you're lucky, America, to have someone prepared to speak honestly as she does !

You should be kissing the ground in thanks !

She is correct in what she says

And yes, she has balls bigger than Texas

Again, you should be kissing the ground --- especially after decades of paying US politicians with balls like raisins !

All cultures are NOT equal. There's no debate

Muslims are NOT prepared to assimilate. And it's not JUST because they're Muslims. Christian Lebanese are the same. They are TRIBAL.

Muslims marry their 13 year old daughters off to 54 year old males

Some muslims still practice female circumcision

These are PRIMITIVE people .. whom the zionists have deliberately dumped into Western society in order the primitives will destroy the advanced.

I LOVE this Michele Bachmann !

You are so LUCKY to have her

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

But she is for our "children" and "liberties"...how dare you question that! You need a test for anti-Americanism so we can expose you for who you truly are!

Vote McCain.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Thanks for the post. She has degraded herself to the point it is costing her money and votes. She is a disgrace as a politician. She has gone so far as to call for anti-american hearings for congresspeople. I started a thread regarding it - a lot of whacko vid of this lady on it - here's the vid for the impetus of my thread and thanks again - we need to warn people of politicians like her. -I think my thread was Palin JR calls for anti american witch hunt or something.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

THANKS for the video

Confirms yet AGAIN that this woman is BEAUTIFUL !

What a treat to see her in action !

THIS is an AMERICAN ... a woman who knows what America SHOULD BE .. a woman who's a sterling example of stand-up and tell the TRUTH !

How LUCKY Americans are to have her !

What courage and intelligence !

This Michele Bachmann is a TRUE American .. someone who actually CARES about the future of America and Americans

Unlike just about every other US politician I've witnessed in the past umpteen years ... HERE is a woman who CAN NOT be bought or silenced.

Michele Bachmann EARNS her pay ! She puts Americans FIRST !

(who on earth is that idiot claiming to be interviewing her ?
What's wrong with him ? Is he intellectually disabled or has he had a stroke recently ?
And why would any network employ someone with a brain like boiled tripe and who lacks even the ability to speak comprehensibly ?
Oh, and not only that ... he seems to imagine the 'interview' features himself and HIS opinions, instead of .. as would be correct .. Michele Bachmann ).

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This woman is hilarious... we have someone on tv like this in the UK, if you go on youtube look up Alan Partridge.

I'd really like to see her define what "America" is? Coherently and sincerely. As ever typical politician, avoiding giving direct answers or even answers that correlate to the question asked, nothing to see here, only what this politician wants to say, not what is asked.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join