It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next 4 Months...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A personal View Point of whats going on ......

OK... after reading tons of information posted throughout A.T.S this is just my personal view of what i think is going on here in America and what i think we ought to expect in the next 4 months .

Economic collapse is imminent no mater what we do its already been predetermined . There feeding us hints all over the place Gen. Powell , Bidden and others have been doing this ( there are several threads
on this alone ) that something is going to happen right after the new president is sworn in ( Jan 21-25 ) . There going to instate the new monetary system for global power. Yea, yea, i know but looking at all
the evidence like FEMA camps every where , MREs being bought up by FEMA and redistribution of armed forces in the states.

I really think this is all leading to that dreaded "bankers holiday" that's been whispered about because when that happens ( i estimate 7 days to 1 month of down time to reconfigure the monetary system) things are gonna go ape #! . So me personally I'm stocking up on food and water for at least 2 months worth of chaos and i would recommend that to every one just as a precaution .

So am i off the mark ? Could this be the jaw dropper that hits harder than 9/11? i really think this is the really viable event. i don't think they would nuke us , dirty bomb us or even some bio agent thing us. i think all of that is just to throw us of the real event . Sure its gonna be hard and nasty , allot of people are gonna get hurt because of morons just looking for trouble ( yea the FEMA camps that's what there for and maybe the homeless too). But i think if the majority of us hold it together we will make it.... did i miss anything ?

United We Stand Devided We Fall ..... some one out there help the little man.....

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet or anything. I think a lot of people are exaggerating a lot of these "events" and things that are being said by politicians.

I can't remember how many times I've heard similar "warnings" and "predictions" in the past 3 or 4 years and guess what they obviously didn't happen and they had just as much "credibility" and "believability" that the current ones do on this day.

However, it is always wise to be prepared, apocalypse or not. Whatever happens, happens and the truth is we don't no for sure until it does so instead of worrying all the time I would live and enjoy the life you have now. It would be the same as being so afraid of death all the time that you miss out on the life you do have.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
IMHO, too much currency has been pumped into the system for nothing to happen. We haven't seen what the trillions injected thus far by the Fed will eventually do. Real assets are superior to fiat currency in times of trepidation. Sadly, most are running to government bonds as a guarantee that their money will be safe. If the dollar is dropped for a different currency, those bonds default to worthless paper should the government choose to make that call.

As for the events that may or may not happen, one thing can be said for certain. If something "goes down" around you, or near you, you need to move quickly in the opposite direction. Don't stick around to see what happens. It's safe to assume that if anything major were to happen (and there's no guarantee that it will) in a major city, that the first order of business ought to be to get out of that city as fast as humanly possible. Those with families will most likely be dispersed throughout the city and you may have to accept that you will not reunite with them immediately, or in a timely fashion. The best thing to do is have "Bug-Out Bags" ready for an emergency. This doesn't mean something really elaborate, but it does mean being able to get the things you need in a hurry and getting away as fast as possible. Never assume primary routes will be available.

In honesty, there will likely not be something to run away from. I doubt there'll be any serious incident in the US, or in a major US city. Plans like those mentioned above are good for people living in earthquake zones, and hurricane zones, or volcano zones, any place where one may predictably need to relocate to another area promptly.

There are those who prepare for nothing until it literally happens. One can see them in stores trying to find essentials after a major incident. Here's a hint. If you wait until the last day to buy gifts for birthdays and major holidays, you're probably also one that will not be prepared for a major incident in the US. Thinking and planning ahead for any sort of natural disaster, or manmade disaster is a good idea for single people and families alike. Think in advance of where you'd go. Have different locations in different directions planned. You may have to relocate to a different region. Think of how you'd get there. If you have a GPS in your car, you may want to try the "Least Use of Freeways" option.

As I said above, it's highly likely nothing will happen, but there's no shame in making sure that if something does happen, you're prepared for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
On the subject of a Bug-Out Bag:

The suggested contents of a BOB vary, but most of the following are usually included:
Enough food and water to last for seventy two hours. This includes:
4 litres (1 gallon) of water per person per day, for washing, drinking and cooking.
spoil-free food.
water purification supplies.
cooking supplies.
cutlery and cups/dishes.
A first aid kit.
A disaster plan including location of emergency centers, rallying points, possible evacuation routes etc.
Professional emergency literature explaining what to do in various types of disaster, studied and understood before the actual disaster but kept for reference.
Maps and travel information.
Standard camping equipment, including sanitation supplies.
Clothes and bedding.
Enough medicine to last an extended evacuation period if, for example, one's home were destroyed.
Pet, child and elderly care needs.
Radio.
Lighting (battery or crank operated torch/flashlight(s), glow sticks).
Firearm(s) and appropriate ammunition.
Crowbar (offensive weapon, building/vehicle entry, etc.)
Cash and change, as electronic banking transactions may not be available during the initial period following an emergency or evacuation.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's helpful for many here, no doubt, to read two differing opinions on what may [or may not] happen soon.

I tend to lean toward the wider view of the OP, with the more rational and pragmatic predictions of the second poster.

It does seem, however, that things are going to get worse, perhaps much worse, before they get better.

For instance, the stock market often is a precursor of the upcoming trends of the general economy. And as far as military engagements in the pipeline...anyone who doesn't think that a war with Iran is inevitable may want to set aside their hopefulness and look further at the details of the craps game that is the Middle East.
This blog is a decent starting point. Look through his blog archive for posts on WWIII, Iran and Israel, for a well-presented, if harrowing argument.

And if you can, call your mother and tell her that you love her.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
However, it is always wise to be prepared, apocalypse or not. Whatever happens, happens and the truth is we don't no for sure until it does so instead of worrying all the time I would live and enjoy the life you have now. It would be the same as being so afraid of death all the time that you miss out on the life you do have.

sorry din't mean to sound like a freak out like i said this is just a genralization of up and coming "plauseable" event more likely the most to happen .... and i def dont live in fear lol! as far as an apocalypse..!?!? naaah.... just think the monkeys in the barel are coming out to play

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think if you look at the last 4 months and all the turmoil and changes that have taken place, that it would do no harm at all to stock up and prepare for your own survival.

We live in scary, exciting times. Personally I think that time is speeding up, or all these major events, from wars to financial collapse are making it feel that way.

May your chosen god go with you, whatever comes our way.

Respects

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

thanks for the list i'm shure some one out there can use it !
i live in one of those always prepared states. But have you seen more than useual of those prepairedness adds on tv? radio? i have ( i think i could be watching too much tv
) It just seems to sugestive as to not be obvious..

true Iran i think is gona be a target but i dont think were gona be the one who does it this time posable Isreal ( though we could fund them !) we got to watch the baby steps with china... but i think we will see a large amount of our troups move far away from there borders before anything real happens there.......

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

thanks ! yea we do and yes time is speeding up to many things rolling up to a big pop i have even asked this question too right here ..... www.abovetopsecret.com...'
got some great info too!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I can tell you what were already seeing in New Mexico....
We've had a flood of homeless people flock to our state. one of the Albuquerque homeless shelters reported the were 100% above last years numbers and still growing. Ranchers and farmers have had run ins with squatters. the city of Albuquerque is now demolishing abandoned buildings to keep the homeless out of them and there is whispered talk about just giving these people a bus ticket back to where they came from...

By nature were not an isolationist state normally were quite friendly and welcoming but we are also not a wealthy state the also ran in the eyes of the federal funding side of the government. we don't have huge cities or the infrastructure to take on large numbers of the Nations homeless and disenfranchised. But their coming and frankly a lot of locals are stocking up on ammo...

We are not alone in this just do a google search and your find plenty of states dealing with these issues... My prediction for the next four months...especially when it gets really cold... there will be a big shoot out with locals and the new tent cities popping up everywhere... if that happens nation wide, things will turn very nasty! deadly nasty!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow thats really scary,the coldest I ever felt was in Gallup New Mexico,on way to Colorado,record snowfall in Colo at the time,but I could wear a T shirt there,in NM Had 2 coats on and was still freezing,must be an influx of Eskimos

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Oldtimer you know that because you've been here...
but I can just imagine someone in, say Ohio looking at a map of southern states and points us out saying, "Gosh ... New Mexico sounds like a warm place to spend the winter"!

The place to watch this week is NASHVILLE, Tenn the city plans to demolish a tent city and there's already growing outrage on both sides of the issue...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I can tell you what were already seeing in New Mexico....
We've had a flood of homeless people flock to our state.

we had the same problem here in this state about 5 years ago before all this resession crap. yea it can make it realy hard when you are in a state that is doing well v/s a state that was hit with the first wave of the resession ( florida ) . it will definantly make it harder if this situation hits us. good luck there !

top topics

join