It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is time acellerating?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well hi all ! i've been a reader for quite some time now and i have an ( well i think it is ) interesting observation.

In the past year or so i have been noticing that time itself has been speeding up . Its like to me a 20 hr day instead of a 24 or better yet 1 hr = 45 min ... is any one else out there experiencing this phenomenon ?

I have a small theory that maybe as 2012 aproches that time seems to be speeding to the zero hr. Yes i have studdied alittle of David Wilcock . But i don't think he's all there
. Does any one else have any good theorys out there about whats going on ?

Oh yes this is my first post and i realy dint have a clue as to where to post the question .

[edit on 9/29/2008 by ramble]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hello and welcome

I have noticed this also, not every day or week but in bursts at any given time.
For example the last 2 weeks have literally flown by and I am doing nothing differently.
I am waiting for something in a week but usually when you want time to go by quickly it drags right ? lol

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself "wow only 10 days to go, I could have sworn just yesterday it was 2 and a half weeks away!".

Strange indeed.

I also don't believe an hour is as long as I used to think it was. It used to seem like such a long time, now I find myself saying "ONLY an hour ?"

So I find this very strange and have been interested in this when it arises on here.

Perhaps you are onto something with your theory about 2012. hmmmm ....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Alvin Toffler wrote 'Future Shock' in 1970 and tackled the perceived quickening in the flow of time. He states that the acceleration is a qucikening in the pace of change rather than in time itself. Here's a relevant quote from the book:

How do we know that change is accelerating? There is, after all, no absolute way to measure change. In the awesome complexity of the universe, even within any given society, a virtually infinite number of streams of change occur simultaneously. All "things"—from the tiniest virus to the greatest galaxy—are, in reality, not things at all, but processes. There is no static point, no nirvana-like un-change, against which to measure change. Change is, therefore, necessarily relative.

It is also uneven. If all processes occurred at the same speed, or even if they accelerated or decelerated in unison, it would be impossible to observe change. The future, however, invades the present at differing speeds. Thus it becomes possible to compare the speed of different processes as they unfold. We know, for example, that compared with the biological evolution of the species, cultural and social evolution is extremely rapid. We know that some societies transform themselves technologically or economically more rapidly than others. We also know that different sectors within the same society exhibit different rates of change—the disparity that William Ogburn labeled "cultural lag." It is precisely the unevenness of change that makes it measurable.

We need, however, a yardstick that makes it possible to compare highly diverse processes, and this yardstick is time. Without time, change has no meaning. And without change, time would stop. Time can be conceived as the intervals during which events occur. Just as money permits us to place a value on both apples and oranges, time permits us to compare unlike processes. When we say that it takes three years to build a dam, we are really saying it takes three times as long as it takes the earth to circle the sun or 31,000,000 times as long as it takes to sharpen a pencil. Time is the currency of exchange that makes it possible to compare the rates at which very different processes play themselves out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Other things you could look into would be:

Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory (Timewave Zero)
Technological Singularity
Web-Bot Project
Dean Radin
Radin's paper Time-Reversed Human Experience

Also, the Web-Bot Project was featured on Coast to Coast recently - here's a link to part-1 of that show on Youtube:

au.youtube.com...

Otherwise, you can check my thread out on McKenna's Timewave Zero:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent response. And THIS is not a one liner!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oh yeah. It especially accelerates when I use the device that warps space and time.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
hmmm, I would think that would tend to slow down time. Perhaps that's just me though.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ive found the older you get the quicker times goes by!

Having a good time? Time is going to fly by!

Stuck in traffic? Working? Time will creep.. And the minutes will turn into hours! I think time is a personal thing.

While time might be going quickly for you.. To another person It might be going by slowly.

Personal points of veiws.. We all are within the same time frame.. Yet everyones exp to this time frame can vary.. Depends upon what you are doing.. sleeping.. eating.. playing or working..

BTW-- Welcome to ATS!!! While the post may or may not be in the right place, I think you have found the right place to find the answer in which you seek! The best of luck!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Interesting..I have noticed this, and everyone seems to be saying the same.."where has this year gone", what is even more odd, is that i have heard children saying the same...as a kid a month seemed for ever to wait.
Time moving faster and faster with momentum.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Ive found the older you get the quicker times goes by!

That statement is the key here - It is all about perspective.

When you are a child everything seems to take forever because you have lived such a short period of time. When you're one years old it takes 100% of all the time you've ever experienced to make it to, two. 50% again to get to three and so on. That perspective change continues throughout your life until your are middle aged at say 40 and it only takes 2.5% of the time you've already experienced to make it to 41.

So from your perspective the older you get the quicker each year goes by because it is a smaller percentage of what you have experienced in your life. Therefore the notion that time itself is going faster is just an illusion or an artifact of your perspective,

That said - I don't dismiss the possibility that time waves can and probably do have eddies & ripples of different sizes.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ramble

The more advanced technology plays a hand in everything I do the quicker my day passes. The more I use the internet to procrastinate while writing or while I’m bored the less I feel like the day is a sluggish one. So yeah I’ve felt it but for obvious reasons, it isn’t really moving faster, time just moves quicker for me because my mind is kept busy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I like to rationalise it with myself like this:

When you're 1 year old, 1 year is a lifetime in your perception.
When you're 2 years old, 1 year is half a lifetime...
When you're 20 years old, 1 year is 1/20th of a lifetime in your perception.

Extrapolate that out for months, weeks, days and hours, and I think you have a reasonably credible theory for why we all feel this way as we age.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As we approach the singularity there are more significant events packed more closely together. This is increasing rapildy, and more rapidly each passing day.

There is an old Chinese saying" Time is faster the closer you are to the Emperor.

Meaning our perception of time is based upon the occurance of significant events. Hold on tight, we're going to go faster!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
That's one of the scary things about gettin' old.
Once you get over the hill,
you pick up speed !

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
thank you

yes thats someting i have seen! the time burst ... whew! now at least i'm not the only one !

on the 2012 factor david wilcox had said something to the efect that the earths resonance is increasing and and it's multiplying as we get get closer to the date.....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ive noticed it speeds up and slows down at different times.
Could this just be consciousness and how we see things?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

oh man thanks i had long forgoten about alvin and his fantastick books ..... i guess its time for me to do some reading. now where did i put my copy

and i am def checking out those links too! thanks once again !

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

thanks zysin5

yea i know where your going there .. and yea i use to see that but i feal there is somthing changing all that . even to the efect that i have seen when i'm board outa my skull time still seems to slip out faster, but on age well 38 is not a slipin time age i dont think

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

YES! thats the nail on the head ! thanks nuts thats how i should have summed it up

and i think Evasius has the right direction for us

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ramble

" Is it just me or is time acellerating? "

There are a cpl threads on this and what I've figured out is,

we WHO FEEL IT, are being nudged.

Does that make any sense to you?

Can you guess where the nudge is coming from?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i cannot put my finger on it, i too think time is going by faster and the funny thing is that only few people feel its strength. the whole thing is crazy. i think it is odd, this time thing. the people who do not feel it, say it is a perspective thing, not so , you feel it and at times when with friends around me say things like, "what time is it?", then when the answer comes when you look at your watch, their answer is," what the hell", no way, how did that happen." 5 hours?" you remember the 5 hours, but the 5 hours was only one hour of time in us few people. we see, feel the change, and the naysayors will too if they are around us. they too will say," what the hell, how can this be and shake their head". no, i do not take acid or any other kinds of drugs. a naysayer would be around one of us and say things like," no way", "you messed with your watch". then i tell them, no i didn't. check the time somewhere else. then when they do they always have this baffled look on their face. what is ever more confusing is that this time loss , well not loss, you still remember it all, but this time loss or fastenning is also felt by my friends when they are around me. i have asked them questions about this same thing. and they always say , you know it is funny you said that because that is how i feel." only around you.
it is weird, a little crazy and funny and others around me will feel the same about the fastenning or loss of time they feel , but remember everything as it goes on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join