It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your mind become worn out???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm worn out. My brain needs a gigantic rest. There is so much going on today in the country and the world...it gets to the point where it's almost to much to handle anymore. I'm tired of worrying about it all. Maybe coming to terms with the fact that i can't do much of anything about it would ease my mind a bit. Maybe going back to how i used to see the world 3 months ago would be better. I didn't know much of anything that was going on....and now that i do....i wish i had never known.

Everyday i wait for something great to happen....it never comes. The world just becomes uglier each day. Maybe someday that will change...but i don't see it..not right now.

Maybe i'm just a glass half empty guy, or maybe...just maybe....i think about this stuff way too much.

Tonight i'm going to go out...grab some brews....and freakin relax. If anyone else is worn out.....take a break and forget about it all for a bit. Your body will thank you for it.

I think all of us...no matter what the sides are that we choose...we all need a break.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I too am suffering. My brain feels like its going to explode and the fact that its election season doesn't help. The sad part I don't have the ability to sit back and relax because im one who tackles an issue non stop until its fixed.

Ive lost many days of sleep in recent weeks. I wont say its becoming to much, but its definitely taxing me. I am greatly concerned for my country and the world.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I understand your dilemma. There is a lot going on and if you try to take it all in, you will in fact scare yourself to death, worn to the bone from the mental exhaustion of it all.

Take a break. Decompress. Clear your mind. Go out to the country where things slow down. Enjoy the beauty and peace of nature. Take in the quiet. Calm yourself.

When you come back to the fast-paced, stress inducing, twisted world we are forced to live in, remember to bring with you that calming, serene vacation. You must ground yourself in something that makes you happy and soothes those troublesome feelings that can infect your very soul.

Through it all, just remember not to close your eyes, ears and mind to the truth around you. To do so will, in truth, turn you backwards to one that is underfoot of a government corrupt and hell-bent on suppresion of those that they represent.

In the end, limit your input. Do not try to take it all in. You do not have to be active in every area, nor do you have to gain knowledge of everything. It is better to informed, rather than try to be an expert.

Be at peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Starred and flagged and Boy I hear yah!

There is so much going on it is overwhelming and worrying.

However there is a LOT of good out there and it starts with each of us. Multiply that by a billion of so people with good hearts, concern, empathy and interest in the common good and it's much easier to make it through.

I agree...take a walk or do something you enjoy. The world will still be here when yah get back and you might feel better

PS if I kill your thread I'm sorry in advance.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hear you guys!!!

I'm painting a new room and decorating it and i plan on cracking down tomorrow to finish it- then i plan to start walking around the hood
and listening to my Ipod until its too cold to bear.
I am turning in a new leaf.
My nerves are suffering

I dont want to suffer anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric

ha ha. That's usually MY honor!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric

ha ha. That's usually MY honor!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Indeed.

A nice mind-rest would do us all a world of good.

Tonight I am going to let my mind slip into an 'under the influence' blur and leave it at that. Sometimes the best medicine is to sit back, relax and chill.

[edit on 10/25/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm gonna chill out, watch movies, drink bourbon, and comtemplate the mysteries of the universe. For example, why do men have nipples? I mean, it breaks up the blankness of the male chest, but other than that?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Men have nipples because nipples are fun.

The end.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Even going on a holiday burns out your mind, with all the security, lines etc.

I say just get yourself to relax in any situation, and sometimes it's best to not get too 'serious' into these things.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well my life is certainly no bed of roses at the moment. I'm seriously depressed and my health sucks, but I always tell myself that no matter how bad things might seem, there's always some poor sod, somewhere whose got it worse.
In that respect, you have no reason to moan. As long as you don't lose your humor, you'll be fine.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Maybe you should watch MATRIX again.....

Organize your Brain...

Subjects.... related subjects..

Do not put info all together... Keep sujects apart... and use related info as you need it. Then forget about it. You will remeber it as you need it. related subjects will pump stored info as needed.
Remember subjects related... make the connection and store the info.

If you thing about God - Illuminati - NWO - markets Crash - aliens... agenda......Mars.... FMI.... FED.... NASA....Rockfeller
This will confuse you in a way that you'll go crazy... Impossible to Think...

Do not remember info... think about it before storing ... think about what its related to you... this way you will remeber it as needed and not all at the same time.

Hope I'm helping you.... all the best.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Turn off the news and start meditating.

Just relax. Just because the TV throws one disaster after another at you doesnt mean that you have to watch.

I can feel myself going from calm to nervous by just watching 5 minutes of CNN so I dont.

Turn on VH-1, have a beer, relax. Worrying gets you nowhere, its completely useless since you dont have any control anyway.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I understand you very very well... I had the same problem...

It is difficult to explain ...but it works.. it did for me.

Let me give you an exemple:

In another thread I was thinking about the problems we face today and the reason why "they" are colapsing economie...

The info about population control came to my mind... as clear as a sunny day.
As I was writting about it... Lemmings came to my mind. Why???

3 - 4 years ago I was watching a national geographic video about Norway wildlife... Lemmings came to the subject in the video and the way they control populations to prevent them all dying from starvation. As I was watching it.... that info was clearly about population control... I thought to myself... this is what is happening today... population control was the kee word... resources.. overpopulation.

As I was writting about the problems we face today and population control ... lemmings info came to my mind as the result of storing kee words... Population control...resources. related subjects.
I wasn't thinking about national geographic ... wild life or lemmings. I was thinking about resources and population and Lemmings was a related subject so I remembered it.

Did I remember about God, rockefeller or illuminaty ? No I remember Lemmings..... How strange is that ???

It was logic to me... it was related as I stored the info .. it was relevant to the subject I was writting about. I didn't thought about it .. it came to my mind without thinking about it.

Ufff..... you may be thinking I'm crazy lol.... maybe I'm, but believe me I'm trying to help.

Be good.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I read my favorite poem..it always helps !

"THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS"
by Wendell Berry

When despair grows in me
and I wake in the middle of the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wakingup

I thought i'd throw an old favorite in...just seems tio fit the bill perfectly

Desiderata

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

:peace:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Until it actually happens remember Don't Panic! Put a pic of Bush,Cheney, Paulson or whoever u hate the most on wall buy a nice set of darts and see how many times you can hit them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
To be honest- I don't give a (BLEEP) what happens to the planet- even if it's turned into a radioactive chunk of glowing rock. My world has been destroyed anyways. I am 38, cant find someone who would love me and be my wife, no kids, no family at ALL (think no relatives), no job, no career, no money, BUTTLOADS of talent, and I have been taken out of the loop because I don't have any $$ or connections.

That (CENSORED) God knows I tried- and laughed at me for it.

So- when the end comes- I will be outside in a comfy chair with some popcorn.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I forget what comedian said it, but he said:

I couldn't handle all the sex and violence on television, so I stopped watching the news.

Just stop watching the news.

When I encounter people who always live in fear. I tell them: if you turned off your television, would you really notice a difference, does your neighborhood look bad?

No, it doesn't.

If something is bad enough to warrant attention,someone will tell you. Don't tune in to the chaose the media is trying to create.

Has there been anything in the last decade that wasn't "breaking news?"

You don't hear about teens feeding the homeless or the horse that adopted a kitten because it is not news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join