It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporter attacks and carves "B" in Mccain supporter's face. (Udate - She Lied)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by SectionEight

reply to post by SectionEight

OK, so you are saying that it's fine for a citizen lie, hoax, hell, anything to stop Obama?

That is exactly what makes it highly patriotic and heroic. She is doing nothing different than all the liberal media news anchors have been doing since the start of the election.

Uh huh and would you be OK with assassination as well?

Hell no, and my only comparison was to news anchors so how did you confer that ridiculous question out of my responses?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

OK, so you are saying that it's fine for a citizen lie, hoax, hell, anything to stop Obama?

That is exactly what makes it highly patriotic and heroic. She is doing nothing different than all the liberal media news anchors have been doing since the start of the election.

So two wrongs make a right?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

So two wrongs make a right?

Each so called wrong is a right depending on your point of view.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
haven't we confirmed this is a hoax?

is there anything but political baiting going on in here anymore?

Please review the new ATS rule posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Uh huh and would you be OK with assassination as well?

Hell no, and my only comparison was to news anchors so how did you confer that ridiculous question out of my responses?

Well if ethic, honor and dignity are out the window I just wanted to know if there was any limit to how low some would stoop.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oops, sorry Intrepid... didn't realize you were in here

I guess u got it from here

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Would you explain to me, please, how lying about the assault, hoaxing the incident is in the least heroic? Defeat Mr. Obama at any price? What a load of crap. If this is what passes for political dialogue in the United States now, my country is indeed in grave peril.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Would you explain to me, please, how lying about the assault, hoaxing the incident is in the least heroic? Defeat Mr. Obama at any price? What a load of crap. If this is what passes for political dialogue in the United States now, my country is indeed in grave peril.

This is no different than what the news media does on a daily basis to McCain and Palin.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Except they don't things up. They don't support hoaxes. They don't try to cause riots and race wars. They just expose the lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So that makes it right? I agree that the media has a bias, however two wrongs, and make no mistake, what this woman did was wrong with a capital W.

That line of reasoning was supposed to be left behind when we hit adulthood, my friend. I'm not buying.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Don't support hoax's? What was that little episode with Dan Rather and CBS news, about 4 years back? Seems that was a bit of a hoax.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

CNN ran with the story about bigfoot in the freezer for about a week...

the MSM doesn't really care too much about the quality of content they get from their sources... they just care about ratings...

Roll the "breaking news story" out first, so they aren't left behind by the other networks... then they do their homework later.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The documents came from Karl Rove. It was done to destroy Dan's reputation.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In all honesty, where the source came from does not invalidate seagull's argument in the least.

His point was that it happens...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The source has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it was falsified nonsense. If Dan Rather hadn't, desperatly, wanted to help defeat President Bush, he'd have done a bit more back checking wouldn't he? When it became evident it wasn't true, he still backed it. Agenda...agenda...agenda.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
yes but the story / lie is still out there to manipulate the public.

This is a common republican tactic, low down dirty games, games and more games.

People don't realize they are being manipulated.

Let's start demanding our leaders be accountable shall we.

Read Lee Iacocoa's Where Have All The Leaders Gone and am now reading The Death of Democracy by J.C. Laughton.

Until people start demanding all our leaders STOP PLAYING DIRTY GAMES AND START ADDRESSING THE REAL ISSUE AND WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO we are going to continue to have more unemployment, a widening of our social classes (rich get richer everyone else gets poorer), financial problems, war, dummy down of our youth, crime and all the rest of the social ills because nobody is truely educating themselves as to who the honest politicians are (if there are any).

People wake the frick up you're being manipulated and so "preoccupied" you don't recognize it.

When someone starts flaming their opponent rather then address the real issues, their a dishonest pig. That goes for attacks such as this, this just happened right at this time hmmmmmmmm.

So tired of all the head games.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

He got the source from Karl Rove. A true insider. This was breaking! It was like having a deepthroat of the Nixon debacle. Of course it turned out Dan was being played, but if it had played through like deepthroat did... It would have probably gotten him more awards.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No, it turns out that Dan Rather and his producer, who's name escapes me at the moment, decided this was just what was needed to turn the election towards John Kerry, and didn't even bother to back check it, or if they did back check they figured the great unwashed would eat it up like candy, which all too many did.

Given that Rather is a fairly intelligent guy by all accounts, his failure to backcheck is a sign of agenda, and if he did backcheck and went with it anyway, well...can you say agenda?

To say the media is agendaless is the height of foolishness. Walk away from your own bias for a moment, my freind, and really look at what happened. Two people, or rather an entire news dept. at a major network, decided to play kingmaker, and got burned big time...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I didn't say the media was not bias. With Dan, well, the guys who broke the story because of info they got from Deepthroat, did they background fact check? No? And I know there is media bias. Fox News is so biased they literally get memos from the White House telling them what to do and when someone leaves the Bush Admin they get jobs with Fox. MSNBC has Keith Olbermann, a guy who hates the GOP, except Ron Paul who he interviewed and pushed during the Primaries. Of course MSNBC has Pat Robertson and Joe Scar guy who are both right wingers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join